Home

Why Am I always a Dancer?

Jeff

I have now created 3 characters, and every time I begin, it gives me all the basic skills you need to become a dancer. I don't want ot be a dancer! It doesn't give me the option to be anything else. Does anyone know how I can get around this?

Originally posted by Rogue15

hmm surrender all your profs and go for others?

How do I do that? I haven't gotten far into the game because I haven't figured out how to be something else. And I still don't get why I get the dancer skills. Aren't I supposed to choose what profession I am at the start?

yeah, technically you're supposed to be able to choose your profession, this happens after you're made your character and named him, it brings up a profession thing that should let you kinda 'scroll' through and choose. i wish my subscription hadn't expired cause i'd try to verify this now.

yeah, technically you're supposed to be able to choose your profession, this happens after you're made your character and named him, it brings up a profession thing that should let you kinda 'scroll' through and choose. i wish my subscription hadn't expired cause i'd try to verify this now.

I have never gotten this screen to come up. I make my character, pick his clothes, write his background and name him, and then hit next and it starts the game without letting me choose a profession.

ah...it's the clothes then, the different clothing=different professions.

Ahh. I had never made this connection. I'll have to check it out, it must say which clothes are which profession somewhere. Thanks for your help.

It doesn't tell me which clothes are which profession...:evil6: I'll have to look on Google, or if anybody knows, your welcome to answer...

EDIT: I changes my clothes to one that looked like nothing a dancer would wear, and I still got Dancer skills! Grr! Why Can't I figure this out?

do one of them rescans before loading, it may help.

I don't understand.

Originally posted by lil_dude

i think the new char creation gives you all rookie professions?

I only get the dancer/musician abilities when I start.

ah...it's the clothes then, the different clothing=different professions.

They took away that. You start with every basic profession now. Press CTRL+S, and click on Entertainer. Click on the Novice Box (The Green One), and click on "Surrender Skill", then you get a screen where to type "Yes", or "No", type "Yes", there, no more entertainer :)

Originally posted by McCusto

They took away that. You start with every basic profession now. Press CTRL+S, and click on Entertainer. Click on the Novice Box (The Green One), and click on "Surrender Skill", then you get a screen where to type "Yes", or "No", type "Yes", there, no more entertainer :)

I wonder why it said I only had dancing skills only then in the dialog box...at any rate, you are probably right, I'll check it out. Thanks for everybody's help :)

I got it figured out. I guess I was seeing the "start dancing", "stop dancing", etc skills it gives you at the beginning that it automatically gives you. Sorry for all my confusion, I guess I just thought that if I was getting those skills it was because my proffession is a dancer. O well, I got it all figured out now.

Archived