Home

the game's pace

Ouch. It's a shame that the PS2 doesn't have slightly better hardware, since there's going to be quite a lot of people playing it on that and having to live with the lesser visual quality and frame issues. There's been surprisingly few complaints though, so I guess it isn't as bad as I'm speculating.

In the gameplay department, I do agree that the pace went very sharply from "loads of action" to "more thinking and exploring" once you hit the asylum. I personally still enjoyed both and didn't even notice the difference, but in hindsight there is a huge contrast between the paces of the game before and after that level.

The stretch of the game before the asylum is definitely my favourite, though. Partly because there was a lot more stuff to interact with before the camp died, but also because the atmosphere in the camp and levels was just really nice. I did also really enjoy the night campgrounds and the spooky asylum though, so it all works together nicely.

• 2 weeks later...
ya but the PS2 version was slow in the frames department.

I played it on the Ps2 and didn't notice much of a problem. the loading was annoying when you were moving through the screens quickly...but I only noticed that at camp, and I liked the Boyd level. I thought it was one of the more interesting ones.

I played it on the Ps2 and didn't notice much of a problem. the loading was annoying when you were moving through the screens quickly...but I only noticed that at camp, and I liked the Boyd level. I thought it was one of the more interesting ones.

Go into Sashas mind and let a buncha censors build up and you'll see it. And the reason the PS2 lags like it does is because BudCat didn't port it very well. They could've just cut some BG effects and stuff to speed it up. Thats what DF did when the noticed lag problems in the Xbox version.

Archived