Home

What you'd like in KOTOR III..

witchfinder

a more interactive enviorment would be nice, like lets say you are fighting in a cantina. You will have the option to pick up or use the force to throw a table or chair at your enemy. . . perhaps even throw a patron as well!

Also, it would be nice if the PC had a voice during those scenes where we really don't get to control what they are saying. Like in the first game when you are getting pulled to the unknown planet.

Someone, or a couple, people here said something about being able to reffuse help from potential party members. That would be great, since everyone likes or hates the various party members for whatever reasons. I would have loved to get rid of Juhani in K1 and GoTo in K2, then replace them with someone better or less annoying. Basically I would rather not be forced to have my entire party predestined for me, it would add amazing replay value if your second party could be completely different than your first.

I'd also like all the worlds of the previous games brought back plus one or two new ones in the heart of the republic. Maybe Alderan, it would rock to finally see what that damned place looks like BEFORE it got blowed up!

Other than that, I don't really have many more suggestions than what has alreay been given. Come to think of it, I don't think any of the ones I gave were even original. . .

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. It would be nice to where after you beat the game, you can go to the planets and explore, pick fights with someone, or whatever instead of starting a new game and doing the same thing quests again or whatnot...

2. Ability to control more in the fights (i know i am going to get a, NO IT WOULND"T BE KOTOR!!, but o well ), like when using a lightsaber or sword be able to kick your opponents to knock them off balance... In the movies or a real fight you wouldn't attack, stop give your opponent a chance and repeat ;)

1. It would be nice to where after you beat the game, you can go to the planets and explore, pick fights with someone, or whatever instead of starting a new game and doing the same thing quests again or whatnot...

I honestly don't understand why so many people think this would be a fun idea. I mean, sure it'd be nice to go around and (if you played darkside, and are now a dark lord of the sith) turn people towards your cause to overthrow the Republic, or (if you were lightside and just saved the galaxy) protect the Republic from any other threat, but the fact is this makes it so that it's no longer a story, just you going around doing whatever it is you feel like doing. To me the idea of Kotor was to make a storyline in which was flexible for different people's ideas, and customizable so that it wouldn't seem you were playing the same game again when you start a new game. The way people seem to be picturing it, is that they want a game that no one would need to start a new game, because it would go on forever. Other than the fact that this is completely impossible for a game that'll first be released on the xbox, (it seems to me that LA would lose a good portion of their fanbase if they release it for xbox 360 rather than the system the first two were orignially meant for) mainly because it would require too much memory for a single disc (or even a couple of discs for that matter) to create an infinitely large universe with a quote-unquote "storyline" that never ends, it also would take away from what makes the game so epic, and so complete, that it actually has a build-up, it has a purpose, it has a climax, and most importantly, it has an ending.

To me, it would cost LA too much money in paying the developer(s) of the game to write for such an expanded universe, and it would take up more memory than a simple xbox (or possibly even xbox 360, if LA decides to make that the main console, which I hope isn't the case, because I'm not chalking up another $300 for a new console just so I can play Knights 3) can even handle.

I'm not trying to bash you, or anyone else for that matter who thinks it should be in the game, I'm just stating that I highly doubt LA would even attempt this, not only for the reasons stated above, but also because it'll be just another SWG game then, and like everyone else has said, LA would not try competing with itself by releasing another game that could potentially take some or all of the fanbase from another game owned by them.

However, you are entitled to your ideas, as I am mine. :)

2. Ability to control more in the fights (i know i am going to get a, NO IT WOULND"T BE KOTOR!!, but o well ), like when using a lightsaber or sword be able to kick your opponents to knock them off balance... In the movies or a real fight you wouldn't attack, stop give your opponent a chance and repeat ;)

Now, this is something I definately agree with, though again, I doubt it'd be possible, but who knows, maybe they can make the fights have a new flow to them, by having it seem like you're not just giving your opponent a free shot ;) .

^^^ i completely agree with dark_lord_cheez. i really dont see a point in doing more missions after the end of the game. if the game has more missions after the end, then that wasn't really the end. the end of the games is always such a giant climax, and for there to be more game after that huge climax with no more bosses to fight, no more goal to acomplish, just a bunch of extra wandering and pointless quests that serve no purpose doesn't excite me, infact, it kinda turns me off, as there would be nothing to work to after that final boss fight. why would i want to keep gaining xp and leveling up my guy, to prepare him for nothing? i think a game needs to end when it ends, but thats just me, and thats also why we have modders making after ending mods, cause there is defenitely a group of people who are into that, but i dont think it really needs to be there.

also the way fights look could use some shaking up. i dont nessisarily mean the way you fight, but the fights do look silly sometimes, they stop and go. a really good example is the scripted fight between vaklu and talia. they strike eachother, then return to standing still for a second, and then attack again. it really kills the realism of the game at moments like that, the animations need to be more fluid and attacks timed better so the fights just look better. it would be nice to have a little more control over your lightsaber swings or something, but i realize that wouldnt be the same kotor. but there have been times, especially the first time i played K1, where i didn't feel like i was actually fight a bad guy as much as i was watching my guy fight a bad guy, and i know thats a result of d20 system, since whether my hits connect or not is based on dice rolls, not my skills as a video game player.

but as much as i love the kotor games, and feel the system is a core element of the game, there is a part of me that wants to be a tad more involved. however, as i know a more involved fighting system isn't a very big possibility, i'd would really truly like to see more realistic fighting animations where i can't really tell there is an internal turn based system going on. i want the turns to be there, but i want them to be hidden by more realistic fighting, attacking, dodging and blocking animations.

also, i hope there is a simaltanious PC release, it really sucks having to wait two extra months for the PC versions, sine i don't own an xbox, and even if i did, id still want the PC version so i don't miss out on any good mods, which since buying K1 has become just as much fun as the game itself, i almost couldn't imagine playing a kotor game without modding it now.

1) to oncemore be revan!

bastala and carth say in kotor2 in a movie to the exile to tell him something and also said do you think he recognised us! i hope we are revan but the exile finds us!

2) for them not to change the way they fight!

the fighting in the games is unique and i love it, it creates a game that is more about the lerning and stratergy than if you know how to press sertain butens in a sertain order to do a move!

3) to lern how the exile got the ebon hawk!

i carnt work it out! and it must have been in the hands of others aswell if that man that confronts you that tells you its it is his is not lieing.

4) for bio and obis to join up!

they both did awsome jobs but it would be better if they joined up and gave each other tips ect.....

(sos for spellings)

your thoughts.........

1) to oncemore be revan!

bastala and carth say in kotor2 in a movie to the exile to tell him something and also said do you think he recognised us! i hope we are revan but the exile finds us!

Though it may be cool to be Revan, I don't think Revan wil be the PC, I think it will either be a new character or the Exile. Probably a new character.

2) for them not to change the way they fight!

the fighting in the games is unique and i love it, it creates a game that is more about the lerning and stratergy than if you know how to press sertain butens in a sertain order to do a move!

I agree with you on this :)

3) to lern how the exile got the ebon hawk!

i carnt work it out! and it must have been in the hands of others aswell if that man that confronts you that tells you its it is his is not lieing.

The world may never know.

4) for bio and obis to join up!

they both did awsome jobs but it would be better if they joined up and gave each other tips ect.....

They will never do this unfortunately, though I would love it if they would.

Though it may be cool to be Revan, I don't think Revan wil be the PC, I think it will either be a new character or the Exile. Probably a new character.

why do you think that?

I agree with you on this :)

Thanks

The world may never know.

:(

They will never do this unfortunately, though I would love it if they would.

why not?, after all bio was the ones who advised lucasarts to use obis as they where bussy doing jade empire!

why do you think that?

Because the story ended so wide opened for the Exile to go find Revan. Either that, or a totally new character because its hard to have the Exile because he would have to start at a high level. That is also one of the reasons I don't think Revan will be the character, he would have to be a super-high level.

why not?, after all bio was the ones who advised lucasarts to use obis as they where bussy doing jade empire!
$$$

Because the story ended so wide opened for the Exile to go find Revan. Either that, or a totally new character because its hard to have the Exile because he would have to start at a high level. That is also one of the reasons I don't think Revan will be the character, he would have to be a super-high level.

unless revan was found by the sith and they locked him away and then bastala and admaral carth storm in with hundreds of jedi and rescue him but he had fully regained his memory and asked to be forgiven and then the exile and others storm into the newly formed jedi council run by bastala saying all the stuff he had done.

then all of a suden he sees reven and has a flashbackof fighting alongside him and pulls out his saber and shounts master and is about to kill bastala when reven shouts no and the exile runs off and the 1st mishon is finding him.

[the jedi council will have reformed as bastala and all the other jedi join and for some reason no sith atack]

I want to have in kotor 3:

1. New graphics engine.

2. Upgradable ship like a freighter upgrade to a stardestroyer/command ship and using ur ship in mini games rather than just using the turret. Making a fleet to take over planets and use their resources to make money or even assault Coruscant and take over the galaxy.

3. More evil persuasive talk for darkside choices than killing people to gain darkside points.

4. Cooler masks and robes for the sith. Gotta have hoods man.

5. More planets to explore. The galaxy is too big ya know.

6. Become a real sith lord by destroying or overtaking the republic using your ship or a real goody goody Jedi knight.

7. Able to corrupt party members to full DS or LS rather than disagreeing to your choices which is annoying!!

8. Really editable character generation and more lightsaber hilts.

KOTOR isn't a strategy game! Oh and I don't understand the need for lightsabre hilts, on the Xbox I've never really noticed them, is it different for the PC?

I disliked the Dark Side options in both games. A lot of them made you out to be no better than a petty troublemaker, when you should've been a Sith Lord. Perhaps instead of saying something like "give me all your credits or you're dead", something a lot more sinister is in order?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the subject of the PC, I think they will make you play as the Exile. I mean, I'm sure both Revan/Exile will be featured in KOTOR III, but they can't make you decide how both characters will look like. So they throw in a question to decide Revan's alignment, suit him up in the appropriate armour, and kill him off at some point in the game...

I want to have in kotor 3:

1. New graphics engine.

So long as it doesn't shag my computer to death, I'm okay with that. It'd better not be the HL2 engine thought - that's just crap.

2. Upgradable ship like a freighter upgrade to a stardestroyer/command ship and using ur ship in mini games rather than just using the turret. Making a fleet to take over planets and use their resources to make money or even assault Coruscant and take over the galaxy.

I can't see that happening. It's too significant a departure from the game style of the the prequels.

3. More evil persuasive talk for darkside choices than killing people to gain darkside points.

That is definitely a Good Idea. After Malak converting Bastilla in KOTOR, and Revan prefering to convert jedi rather than kill them in Sith Lords, that should defeinitely be a viable option. Perhaps, they could also join your party.

[quote

4. Cooler masks and robes for the sith. Gotta have hoods man.

Actually, I'd like the PC to look cooler. The NPCs all have the best threads!

5. More planets to explore. The galaxy is too big ya know.

Yeah, good idea - the game'll take longer to come out, though.

6. Become a real sith lord by destroying or overtaking the republic using your ship or a real goody goody Jedi knight.

Another Good Idea. In Sith Lords, the game really played out exactly the same - it didn't matter if you went Light or Dark Side. It did matter in Kotor 1, but the ending only said that you took pver the galaxy - you never actually got to do it.

7. Able to corrupt party members to full DS or LS rather than disagreeing to your choices which is annoying!!

I don't understand what you mean by that.

8. Really editable character generation and more lightsaber hilts.

Damn straight :b

Hello, I'm new here so be gentle :whip1:

Ok my thoughts on KOTOR III:

You can't start a new game anywhere but at 1st level, meaning Revan and the Exile can't be the PC.

However, the storyline must reveal the fates of both Revan and the Exile. Perhaps the conflict that starts off the story can be rooted in that revelation.

At the end of KOTOR II, both the Sith and the Jedi Orders are almost wiped out. Also, the Republic, the Mandalorians, and the Sith Worlds have been subjected to large scale devastation. I believe that the next game should center around the rebuilding of new institutions. Obviously we're not going to replace the Republic or the Jedi (they're still there years later for the Revenge of the Sith after all), but the player could be central to rebuilding the old institutions. His or Her choices could have an affect on the end game state of those institutions; especially the Jedi and Sith. As the player explores the Galaxy, in the context of the main story, the player can meet local force sensitives in isolation and cultural traditions. These can be influenced, subverted, recuited, or taken over depending on you're play style; LS or DS. At the end we can see the effect of your in game actions in the founding of either a new Jedi or Sith council/school and the details of which NPCs are involved and even the philosophies that will be taught to a new generation.

More planets/areas to explore would be cool. However I could live with only a handfull if those areas are deeper, more involved. My main complaint about the first two games was that the enviroments were just backdrops mostly, and very little was interactive. Also the outdoor areas were too small, I didn't feel like I was on a planet, it was more like a small park. How about more of a Star Wars feel to it? How about usable vehicles. Upgradable starships. A starfighter minigame. Truly custom lightsabers. Real heavy weapons. Longer blaster ranges, maybe keeyed into the perception skill or something. Party members that don't get in my way, cross lanes of fire, or charge the enemy when I just got done equiping them blasters?

How about combat that takes full advantage of the tactical d20 rules. Attacks of Oportunity, cover, kneeling and prone shooting, supressive fire, more of the mele combat feats, and prolly some stuff I'm forgetting.

How about a game built from the ground up to support mods, with dev tools built right in. How about support for multi-player based around a roleplaying game model; a group of 1-7 players and a GM who contols the game, tells the story, and can load new content.

How about Random Deep Space encounters? derelict ships, asteroid mining outposts, heave to and prepare to be boarded!

I want a BIG game, an immersive game. But overall I want that feeling I got staying up late in the Barracks with my squad leader playing KOTOT I (and consuming no small amount of alcohol :guiness: ) that this was my very own Star Wars movie to mess around with. Oh yeah, I want a light saber like Count Dooku had in Ep. II.

Am I asking too much? You tell me. How about Bethesda as the developer?

Hello, and welcome to the forums Josh!

All the things that you mentioned above, I agree with 100%, but I doubt that most of them will accually happen, becuase honestly there's only so much you can do with a game. But Hopefully they will include some of those ideas like larger, and more planets. Customizable lightsabers would be a very nice feature, and I can't think of why they didn't add that in the other games, and the multiplayer would be really cool.

Ok So I have two ideas that I think would be pretty awesome

1) We have played as both Revan and the Exile being dark and/or light for both characters so my idea is in Kotor 3 why not give us the option of playing one or the other characters and for each character the game is completely different. Another spin off of this would be in Kotor 3 have us ply as Revan and find out where in the galaxy he went and what dark evil there is beyond the known galaxy and then make yes make a Kotor 4 where we play as the exile who follows after Revan.

2) I guess I think it'd be sweet to ply some sort of alien character so give us more of a choice as to our starting characters and then have Revan and the Exile be your mentor and work it out where we have the option of over time making one light side and one dark and then they fight and kill the other midway through the game or where we choose that they both are light or dark and join forces in a way...

So yeh those are two ideas that I thought would be pretty cool in a Kotor 3

Ok I don't know if some else has said this already but I just looked up this forum today and there is a hell of a lot of info. so if I am repeating someone, my apologies.

1. Location based damage. You should be able to go for the head or torso or an arm or leg. The damage should be proportional to the part (ie if you take a blaster shot to the head, your dead). Look at episode IV a new hope. Han Solo takes down that bounty hunter in one blaster shot and yet it takes several shots with the Ordo repeating blaster in KOTOR to take out that bounty hunter in Davik's compound. WTF. But there should be a DC modifier to the part. So the head takes more damage but is harder to hit than the torso.

2. Have limbs come off like in Jedi Knight II: The Outcast. If I hit a guy's arm with a light saber, unless he has some cortosis weaved armor that arm is coming off. It would mean that using a blaster at point blank range would be suicide, as it sould be, if someone your opponent is weilding a lightsaber. I am reminded of the ever annoying Calo Nord fight. Once again in epiosde IV Obi Wan "disarms" that guy at the bar in Tatootine who is threatening Luke.

3. Cover bonuses and friendly fire. If you are fighting in out melee in a group of enemies it is only logical that it would be harder for an enemy not in that melee group to hit you with a blaster. So the more the cover the less chance of hitting with a ranged weapon. But if your guys are trying to hit an enemy that you are meleeing with the is a chance that they will hit you instead. Could be offset by creatain "finesse" weapons like sniper rifles.

4. For God Sakes make armor behave the way it is suppose to. Armor doesn't make you harder to hit and makes it easier since you are encumbered, but it does make you take less or no damage at all. So don't give a denfense rating to armor which implies that you are harder to hit give a damage reduction bonus. So if your wearing say madalorian battle armor hitting you with anything other than lightsabers or heavy weapons or explosives would have to damage. And ever these weapons would have limited damage as compared to hitting a more lightly or an unarmored foe.

5. As point four implies there should be a damage type system applied to armor. I don't just mean this peice of armor provides -10/ fire I mean every peice of armor should provide provide protection from various types of damage. If you look at the armor and the upgrades some armors and some upgrades provide specific protection, but all armor is meant to protect from damage it just depends on how much and what kind of damage. So logically there should be a way to catagorize the type and degree of damage reduction bonus. The only exception is probably the jedi robes. The robes can stay the same.

6. Cortosis weaved armor and other types of armor upgrades. If it isn't painfully evident by this point, I like armour, well I also like weapons but TSL did a damn good job on the whole weapon upgrading think so I don't need to go into detail on that. Anyways, point 4 and 5 bring up the idea of specific armor upgrades. So you can protect from cretain force powers, more than just mind-effecting and electrical, as well as cortosis so that you can get proper protection from lightsabers. Also be protected from all other forms of damage. If I shell out 10000 credits for Mandalorian battle armour and the upgrades I damn well better be a tank with eyes. If would put non-Jedi on part with there force wielding counterparts since armor prevents the use of some of the most powerful/useful force powers.

In summary armor and weapons should act like they're meant to. No more use of blasters at point blank range when I have a lightsaber. Either equip a melee weapon immediately or say goodbye to your arms.

the reason why armor devreases your chance to be hit is when you get hit by a glancing blow without armor your hurt, if your hit with a glancing blow in lite armor no effect, if your hit by a weak strike in med armor no effect if your hit by a direct hit in incredibly heavy armor it wont hurt much.

but some of your armor ideas have merit like most people i agree with the dismemberment problem :)

I have some more ideas, what if there was and extra slot on rifles for attachmnents like RPGs,( sort of like miras dart launcher but takes up a slot and limited to certain weapons or grenades) bayonnet (bonus to close combat feats or maybe aplies strength to close combat instead of dexterity)silencer (adds bonus to combat camoflage another one of my ideas still in developement) laser sight (required for close range sniper shot)

more later

Yeah but a glancing blow isn't a miss which is what happens if the attack role is less than the armor rating. It could count for 0 damage due to the armor not a complete miss, or some damage depending on the class of armor and the strength of the hit.

Also it would be cool if you could destroy weapons. Like say use the lightsaber to slice a blaster in two. It be like now what you going to do? Obvisously not melee weapons since clashing is what there're made for but rifles and any sort of "weaker" ranged weapons. It would hopefully stop the use of blasters in melee range which is just stupid.

Basically I would like to see weapons used the way they should be used. Blasters at medium range, rifles at long range and melee weapons at close range.

I don't know who but someone had the idea of increasing the grenade damage and making them rarer. I agree and the grenades should have a minimum distance to see them in. I was just playing KOTOR now and a sand person through a grenade at me to point blank range. WTF that is going to do as much damage to him as it does to me.

Also a place where you can get very expensive but very powerful weapons, armor and other upgrades would be cool. Like yavin station in KOTOR. That blade the guy sells you is as powerful as a lightsaber when you fully upgrade it, as powerful as a freakin lightsaber.

Also someone mentioned having real heavy weapons. I don't know if the flamethrowers or rocket launchers fits in the SW universe. Seem to FPS like for my tastes but the heavy weapons should be heavy. I don't know about TSL cause I didn't get a chance to screw around with the ranged weapons and their upgrades, but in KOTOR the heavy weapons were quite weak. When canderous talks about mandalorian weapons when you ask him about Manaan he says that mandalorians bring weapons that can bring down cities and that in both wars and personal conflicts there are no survivors. But the repeating blaster he carrys has a 14 damage max. when you fully upgrade. Big deal, even the weakest lightsaber has a max. damage that is almost the same. If anyone has any numbers on the heavy weapons in TSL please let me know. Thanks.

We're prolly stuck with WOTC's crappy D20 rules, and their inherent weighting towards melee combat. At least they could implement attacks of oppertunity to cut down on the guns and force close in.

"Also someone mentioned having real heavy weapons. I don't know if the flamethrowers or rocket launchers fits in the SW universe. Seem to FPS like for my tastes but the heavy weapons should be heavy. I don't know about TSL cause I didn't get a chance to screw around with the ranged weapons and their upgrades, but in KOTOR the heavy weapons were quite weak. When canderous talks about mandalorian weapons when you ask him about Manaan he says that mandalorians bring weapons that can bring down cities and that in both wars and personal conflicts there are no survivors. But the repeating blaster he carrys has a 14 damage max. when you fully upgrade. Big deal, even the weakest lightsaber has a max. damage that is almost the same."

Hey garbage in, garbage out. If you program weak guns, well you know. The expanded universe, there are plenty examples of heavy weaponry. The very feel feel of the Movie Canon supports a full range of infantry, armored, airwing, etc. arms. Including tripod mounted "hmg" heavy repeating blasters, "lmg" light repeating blasters, infantry carried missile launchers, etc. All KOTOR games have underplayed blasters in favor of lightsabers; which is allright I guess, I still play them, and enjoy them, but I would be tickled to see a rebalancing (I won't hold my breath).

That being said with attention to detail and correct feat and upgrade choices Blasters can be quite effective; if only the NPCs had a combat AI that worked. Or blasters could have decent ranges instead of standing at double arm interval and blazing away...

I would almost prefer a system-inteface like Jagged Alliance or Fallout Tactics; grid or hex based maps, and control your team through each action. Although that's prolly not goin'a happen.

let's see....

• I'd like to not have my body rot away when going Dark Side. Exar Kun was as dark side as you could go, and he didn't look like a corpse.
  • More character creation options. Perhaps multi humanoid species to chose from?
  • More cloaks with Hoods/Masks. (I especially liked Revan's)
  • I wouldn't mind a Jade Empire combat style...

That's just to start.

Archived