Home

What you'd like in KOTOR III..

witchfinder

A fairly up-to-date game engine. The Odyssey(sp?) engine is obsolete now. The graphic limitations strain my eyes(on high!) after playing Oblivion(PC, of course). I suggest they should use the engine that is being used to develop NWN2 as it is fairly up-to-date. If not, they should develop a new engine(not a good approach). With today's culture, graphics matter.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new engine.....allthough i did really like it maybe it could be SUPER ODYSSEY 5000. and NO i mean absolutly no real time combat(i like it but the other ones were turn based and it would be dumb to change it). other than that i don't care....make it longer this time around

new engine.....allthough i did really like it maybe it could be SUPER ODYSSEY 5000. and NO i mean absolutly no real time combat(i like it but the other ones were turn based and it would be dumb to change it). other than that i don't care....make it longer this time around

1. Brand new PC. I'm sorry, but it really bugs me with all these people going on about wanting to play as Revan/Exile. They have gone to the "unknown regions", on a quest that the game heavily implies they will never return from. Plus if you were Revan or the Exile, you would have to start the game as a top level jedi, so you wouldn't be able to customise your character as much. Plus, whilst it would be nice to know what happened to them, I think that it is better to leave it to speculation, its more interesting that way. Rant over.

I agree with this, except, while I do want an all new PC, I still would like to know what happened to Revan and the Exile.

Also,

2. Return of Ebon Hawk, T3-M4 & HK-47, with HK available from the start this time.

Gotta have the droids back, fer sure :)

I can't think of anything else I really want right now. Just so long as they actually make KOTOR III, and it's good, then I'll be happy.

Whoa, this is gonna be a long list:

-To play as Revan

-HK-47 in my party

-A great and original storyline

-A complete game, no loose ends unless they are intended for a fourth part of the game

-An interesting villain

-IF we get a new main character (and I don't get the first thing on my list), we should get a new ship, too.

-Coruscant and the Jedi Temple located there

-More aliens in my party

-Jedi Robes from KoTOR 1, or a completely new design - definitely not the movie, nor the TSL version

-More cool force powers like Force Crush from TSL

Well, that's all for now. :)

I want a good story, but other than that I don't care as long as the character isn't Revan or the Exile.

Ditto! :D

Besides we won't be playing Revan or the Exile because despite the poor misguided lot who think a game playing them would be cool, it isn't. Their stories have been told. There is nothing left to discvover.

Also you are alienating the ones who like to build their characters... these kinds of games have to cater to all the various players that play them not just the powergamers. ;)

Lastly, having Revan or the Exile with brain damage or loss of force skills once more would be one time too many IMHO.

Poor Revan... slipped on a bar of soap in the shower and hit her head, now she is level one again! :roleyess:

-Or-

Poor Exile he walked in between two active power couplings and lost his force powers again! :rolleyes:

No thanks.

Ditto! :D

Besides we won't be playing Revan or the Exile because despite the poor misguided lot who think a game playing them would be cool, it isn't. Their stories have been told. There is nothing left to discvover.

Lastly, having Revan or the Exile with brain damage or loss of force skills once more would be one time too many IMHO.

Poor Revan... slipped on a bar of soap in the shower and hit her head, now she is level one again! :roleyess:

-Or-

Poor Exile he walked in between two active power couplings and lost his force powers again! :rolleyes:

No thanks.

Nothing left to discover? What did Revan discover about himself in the first game, other than...that he's Revan? What didn't he discover? Let's see...why he turned to the dark side to begin with, which is a big one. And the exile still has yet to discover the 'true sith'.

Is it necessary for us to play as these characters to get these answers? No, but I for one don't want to play as another PC that becomes the ultimate Force user in the galaxy searching for what happened to the other 2 ultimates that came before him.

^^^^

There is no logical reason to play the same characters as before, sorry but people need to realise the types of players you need to attract that play these kinds of games. You have 3 basic types and you need to cater to them all or else your game will flop.

Also remember, if we were going to have a continuing saga sort of game expirience we would have played Revan in TSL, but we didn't, the Exile was introduced, why? It severely restrains the storyline and the way the game would have been presented for us to play Revan. To now all of a sudden continue with the Exile or now play Revan again is not really a smart move. Starting with a level 20+ character is never a good thing as you alienate one of the player types who play these games, along with limit the actual challenge, who needs to advance or have their character grow any more when you can tackle everything in the beginning? This makes no sense.

We will have a new level one PC, there is no option otherwise, no matter what those who share your opinions think to the contrary... sorry it just isn't in the cards.

And yes there is nothing left to "discover" about who Revan or the Exile are, as we defined that ourselves in KotOR and TSL as that is what they were all about. Or did I get some sort of unique version of the game that no one else has? Hmm...

As far as Revan's motivations before KotOR I... we don't 'need' to play either of the previous 2 characters to be able to investigate this, as I think this would weigh heavily in any possible KotOR III storyline Revan's motivations will likely become clear... to our new PC.

Well, at the very least, I wouldn't mind seeing those two (and Bastila) somewhere along the game. With all the foreshadowing in TSL, it would be interesting if you could interact with them, maybe join them in a final battle or something like that. There's still a certain lack of closure.

Ok My ideas if kotor 3 is coming out:

1) Like the idea of thwe whole pulling your robe up thing. Awesome

2) Species selection so you can choose what species like twi-lek or something

3) Be able to improve the ebon hawk! So you can have different styles or something like more guns!

4) Different styles of saber hilts

5) Like said in a previous comment, be able to find Revans robe and wear it!

6) Maybe that when you like improve strength or something you can see the muscular development.

Thats all my ideas, if i get any more i'll be sure to post!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

These are my ideas

1.A new character:

After learning about Revan and the Exile (which are excelent storyes) we need a new Avatar. But this time we need species to choose. The whole idea that humans are the best force users and the stongest of all isnt working anymore. What we need is a WOOKIE!!;)Or a Miraluka with a headband.

2.Ebon Hawk STAYS!!:

But this time you dont get him in the begining. First you have your own ship whit a name like ''Screaming Mimi'':)or something like that. Then later in the game he gets in the Ebon Hawk. I agree they should let you modify it or even upgrade it in some way.

3.Revan and the Exile:

I had an idea.What if Revan and The Exile become party members.And their aperance. Maybe Revan can come back with his armor and mask, and the Exile wears Nihiluses mask. And their gender and Force afinithy can be set through conversation with someone, lets say HK-47:).

4.The lightsaber:

The tool of the Jedi and the weapon of the Sith should be your own custom made. I agree on this because seeing Count Dookus lightsaber and Obi-Wans I became jelous.

5.Corusant:

Thats a bad idea because the storyline is the Unknown Regions of known space in Star Wars. I know that The silver spings are a sight for sore eyes, but not yet.

Maybe later when you need to warn the... O forgot that the Jedi Order are almost extinct!

6.The vilain:

There will always be a Sith Lord out there. But this guy should be different.Maybe a brain in a jar, or a panda abomination:);)Either way the Sith'ari are products of Sith alchemy so glowing red eyes and a bio-mechanical body should be a good choise.

7.And the story:

A cool thing would be if The Exile and Revan start dueling over something like "You have betrayed us!""No you did!""ARRrrrg!!" etc, etc...And then you come and seperate them with a force push or with persuasion making them realise they need to work together.

8.Conclusion:

This is a long post of ideas, but what the hec, I sed what I though and thats it!

OK, here's my list of things to put in...

1)Bring the game a bit closer to the RPG in terms of rules

I'm thinking of the kind of parallel that NWN and sequel draw to D&D. It wouldn't be too difficult, as much of it would simply be alterations of already existing code for NWN2(If they used the same engine... I'm assuming they would since it would decrease development costs signifigantly).

2)Include an apprenticeship system, and make it more involved than the Influence system of TSL

Similar to how Kreia overlooked the Exile's retraining, have your character able to take on a padawan(or apprentice if Dark Side). Unlike TSL where the goal was basically to make most of your followers Jedi, you could focus on a single character(of your choosing) to train throughout the game. Methods of training could vary depending on the NPC, your light/dark affinity and your own choices.

3)Include a ranking system(If you remain Jedi)

In K1 you were a padawan throughout the game. In TSL you weren't technically Jedi. In K3 I would like to see the ability to actually rise through the ranks or divorce yourself from the order altogether.

4)More independant force users

In K1 and K2 it's been pretty much exclusively sith vs jedi(and the occasional follower of the gray philosophy). While that should probably remain central to the plot, I'd like to see independant darksiders, force users of non-jedi traditions(should be much more common outside of the known regions of space), and others that don't care about the sith/jedi conflict(but may be caught in the middle none the less).

5)Possible contact with Revan later in the game

Not so much in person(though that wouldn't be out of the question if he/she were to appear in the old robe/mask combo from the cutscenes), but rather though holos or other means of communication that can be garbled so as to obscure an easily definable voice.

Then there are other things that I agree with others on, such as buyable and customizable ships. And I probably have some others that just aren't coming to mind at the moment, but I'll post those later if I remember...

1. I think I speak for all of us when I say there should be a story that lives up to the last two.

2. Keep HK, it's not KOTOR without a sadistic assassin droid, is it?

3. Keep T3.

4. Encounter a force ghost of Kreia.

5. See and talk to Revan, maybe the Exile. And have appearances, I don't really see any problem with them being different from how I played as them.

6. Some new planets, like Coruscant and Naboo.

7. The return of the Evil Czerka Company!!! :manny:

8. If it wraps up the story then I'd like to see most of the previous party members either with cameos or small roles (Like Visas and Handmaiden having places in the Jedi Order). Naturally, Juhani would have nothing to do with anything in the story unless it's her slow, pointless death. :flamethro

All I can think of at the moment.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and a new PC.

3.Revan and the Exile:

I had an idea.What if Revan and The Exile become party members.And their aperance. Maybe Revan can come back with his armor and mask, and the Exile wears Nihiluses mask. And their gender and Force afinithy can be set through conversation

My thoughts exactly.

I'd prefer these planets:

Coruscant

Alderaan (we need to see it sometime)

Sleheyron (cut from KotOR1)

Myrkr

Khar Delba + Khar Shian

Thule (possible various other true Sith worlds)

Ziost

Cut down on the number of companions, or even better, make some of them temporary. For example, I'd like to meet Mission and Zaalbar on Myrkr and have them join, but not have them leave Myrkr.

The villains should be the true Sith, who are the descendants of the old Sith Empire. Only a major villain should be Revan...

T3 and HK-47 need to be in there. They are the R2 and 3PO of KotOR, and need to be in all the games.

The Exile's (jedi) companions are the founders of the new jedi order (or what passes for it...) on Coruscant.

Revan's companions should make brief appearances in the game. Only Bastila should be a major character, since we need her to find Revan at last.

I'm sorry but all this talk about Revan / Exile coming back is just... well dumb. It would be absolutly retarded to bring back our former PC's since then they'd also need to bring baaaack... *trumwhirl* .... THE FLAMING OLD FACE TEXTURES!!

The only option whatsoever if the lads would be brought back would be if they both wore some sort of massiv mask on their head that never could be taken off. I don't know about you but i think that ought to be one of the most silly things in gaming history if it'd come to happen.

Try to realise that what Bioware/Obsidian did when they sent Revan/Exile of to the mysterious unknown was permanently destroying the options for them to come back in a sequel. In lesser words: they're dead. Live with it.

IF K3 would happen (of which we have seen no evidence of whatsoever) I believe that it would take place probably 100 - 1000 years after the death of Darth Treya and Revan/Exile only mentioned of as times past. With a new character and a new republic/threat to rescue or destroy. That's what I believe and like to see.

IMO, that wouldn't rate a sequel, seeing as sequels are supposed to be the continuation of a story, not an entirely new one. Besides, the Revan story isn't entirely finished. We still have only suspicions and guesses as to what Revan was trying to do(Anything Darth Traya said as "Kreia" must be taken with a grain of salt. She is the mistress of betrayal afterall). Is it the True Sith that Revan was attempting to fight? If so, then why did he abandon the Republic just after he united it, if that was his aim? Anyone farsighted enough to accomplish the things he did should have known that it would all fall apart without his presence. Did some turn of events draw his attention outward?

The why of his departure isn't explained, and that could well be cause for a jedi investigation(and who else but the player could fufill that role?). I think there is still much to be told in the present KOTOR storyline.

Archived