Home

Jedi in SWG

Higgsy

How do YOU fell about Jedi in SWG??  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How do YOU fell about Jedi in SWG??

• Get rid of them altogether
    • Make it Harder for Players to become Jedi
    • Keep it as it is
    • Make it easier to become Jedi
    • Give everyone a Lightsabre when they get off the shuttle in Mos Eisley

I've been playin the game for a short while now, about a month, and its true what everybody says about there being an abundance of Jedi in the game. But im not as angry as everybody else seems to be. It's true that the background of the game wouldnt allow jedi to walk around imperial cities with a blatent JEDI GUARDIAN tag over their heads. However, I've only just started training to be a jedi and its friggin hard stuff. So what i think is that the jedi should be allowed, but always hounded by the Empire, eg have Vader on their asses all the time. Also the Star Wars galaxy is HUGE, so its hard to believe that Luke and Mara Jade were the only jedi out there. So I say let the Jedi stay, but make it even harder for them through the means of Bounty Hunters and the Empire. Just wanted to share my view, what does every1 else think??

There you have it.

We were promised: "Yes, we'll add Jedi to the game, but it will be near impossible to become"

2 years later, and someone who's been playing for a month has already started his Jedi training. :rolleyes:

Waydago, SOE. :thumbsup:

i have started but it'll take me a long time to actually get Jedi initiate. However i do think you should have to do more than get badges to unlock the jedi village. Like kill a force creature or battle Vader and live to tell about it by running or just something a lot more demanding than finding a few level80 players and running thru the warren. Getting force sensetive is the easy part, the training is a nightmare.

I think its OK that some Jedi are in the game, but I definately think it should be harder to become one. I think one reason SOE allow people to become Jedi is so their sales are higher, some people would only want to be Jedi. Because according to the time in the SW universe, there are no Jedi left. But I still don't think they should get rid of the entirely.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Either way, with the stupid changes to the way Bounty Hunters hunt Jedi, more and more of them have come out of the wood work. Fully templated Jedi no longer live in fear of being ganked, other jedi go to their homeworld planet of Kashyyk and the truth in the matter is, that Jedi are SOEs little money makers.

The Jedi cried about being hunted by BHs and now the Jedi are crying because they are NOT being hunted by BH, who can get 'cool loot' from hunting NPCs, which..yeah, you got it...they are crying about.

Being a BH is all about wiping out the Jedi. SOE have stopped that by changing the game to what it is now...a total experience alright..of a rather foul kind

DMUK

Either way, with the stupid changes to the way Bounty Hunters hunt Jedi, more and more of them have come out of the wood work. Fully templated Jedi no longer live in fear of being ganked, other jedi go to their homeworld planet of Kashyyk and the truth in the matter is, that Jedi are SOEs little money makers.

The Jedi cried about being hunted by BHs and now the Jedi are crying because they are NOT being hunted by BH, who can get 'cool loot' from hunting NPCs, which..yeah, you got it...they are crying about.

Being a BH is all about wiping out the Jedi. SOE have stopped that by changing the game to what it is now...a total experience alright..of a rather foul kind

DMUK

You can't get much more truthful then that, DMUK! That is why I have stood by my decision to quit the game. Pehaps even permanantly. Jedi are nothing more then lifeless power gamers who whine about anything. Even if there is a change that is GOOD to them! I read that in Patch 21, the LOS Exploit on Kashyyyk was going to get fixed! As of post-Patch 21, I am STILL seeing screenshots of jedi in the LOS Exploit! But not BHs won't waste their time hunting Jedi. Now they will be grinding to get some new armor! And believe me, SOE is doing LITTLE to stop Jedi Grinding. In BIG DISCO BALL groups (30 jedi stacked together), CSRs have been placing Dark Jedi Masters by them and they all die! They REALLY need to make jedi harder to get, harder to earn XP, and MORE XP LOSS when they die!

It doesn't break the EULA to use macro's to grind, but it does if you are away from the keyboard. It says that you must always be aroud to answer a CSR's tell, AFK was designed to be a short break, which is why the server kicks you if you're not doing anything for a certain amount of time. Some cool CSR's think up creative ways to weed out the Jedi who are afk macro grinding, like placing DJM's around them so it kills them all, but really they should be getting suspended or even banned for breaking the EULA.

They REALLY need to make jedi harder to get, harder to earn XP, and MORE XP LOSS when they die!

have you tried to be a jedi? every 30 points of have to be exchanged for 1 point of force sensetive xp, which means to get the very basic force senetive skills, which are 50k of fs xp btw, you need to get 1.5 mil of normal xp. for a novice level. However i do agree that it should be harder to actually get even this far. i was about level 30-40 when i got the message "the force is with you" which i think is a friggin joke, All i did was latch onto a strong group and follow em to all the dangerous badge places, the warren an the corvette for example. Now that im past that joke of an initiation i figured out that im 24 days away from getting a lightsabre...if i cap 3 types of xp a day.

i've heard it only used ot be 3 to 1 on the xp exchange, so soe did listen to you guys to a, very minimal, degree.

There you have it.

We were promised: "Yes, we'll add Jedi to the game, but it will be near impossible to become"

2 years later, and someone who's been playing for a month has already started his Jedi training. :rolleyes:

yeah but im also level 80, so i may as well be a jedi, there not much else to do now....

There you have it.

I hear ya.....i hear ya.

Archived