Home

Sasha and Milla

The sticking point with me is that, yes, she has her nightmares contained. Good for her. But that's not handling them. That's locking them away in a little box and hoping maybe they'll go away on their own. That's sweeping the problem under the rug and hoping no one will notice.

I can see that you have thought about this a lot more then me.

It did always bug me the way she dealt with the nightmares. By keeping them off to the side allowing it to be easily resurfaced. And that sound clip helps me out a lot, thanks!

The hard thing with Milla is that despiter her being open and fun she doesn't let things that bother her show as much. Sure, we do know about some tramutic events but we don't know how she really felt or reacted in those situations except that she ignored them.

I'm going to add this in as I feel that it is very important.

If you allow me, I could quote your thoughts and add a new section to Milla. I really think that this needs to be added in and i don't want to take credit for something I didn't do.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MILLA

One of the more offbeat characters in the game, she comes off as one-dimensional when you first meet her. Party-girl, Check. Loves everybody, check. Beautiful, check. However upon exploring her mind and looking for what makes Milla, Milla. Players find that she is one of the more unique and intriguing characters to have come out of Psychonauts.

Who is Milla?

One common misconception about Milla is that she is a pure party girl. Wild and crazy. While I certainly do think that she is a party girl I do not agree with the wild and crazy part. I found her to be natural yet dignified. When teaching the children levitation she made sure it was fun yet educational and that she had taught them all they could learn. If she were wild she certainly would not have been so keen on teaching the children on how to levitate. In her vault "Milla’s Children" she was taking care of the orphans, teaching them how to sing, play, and live life enjoyably. If this is not the demeanor of a fun loving yet dignified woman than I do not know what is.

Her fun spirit carries on to her missions. She tries to make them as enjoyable as possible while still focusing primarily on the task at hand. Milla’s vault, Milla’s Adventures, is about her time with Sasha as a Psychonaut in the field. Almost every picture has a cheery atmosphere of her and Sasha expertly taking out threats of the psychic world. Notice how in every picture she is always heavily involved but seems to be enjoying herself as well. Like Sasha, she is heavily focused at the task at hand but unlike him she is able to concentrate on other things on life and is not so wrapped up in her studies.

Also like Sasha she is sensible and prefers to see facts instead of guesses. Yet again though she deviates from Sasha’s strict thinking and does look at all the other options even if evidence points towards one option. I think this because she dismissed the notion that there was a lake monster in the water as it was supposedly a rumor. However she did not deny the fact that there could be reasons as to why Raz seems so fixed on the water. She seems to have figured out that he may have problems with water itself and thinks that the lake monster is something for his fears to latch onto.

OVERVIEW

-Misconception that she is only a party girl

-She is natural yet dignified

-Fun spirit carries onto her missions

-Heavily focused at the task at hand but she is not so wrapped up into it as Sasha.

-Prefers evidence but is more open to thought

What Are Her Motives?

Instead of hearing me rambling on about what I think are her motives, I’ve been given permission from the brilliant TyraaRane to quote her on this. While it doesn’t focus on what her motives are it focuses on why we can’t tell what her motives are. Why we see such a vibrant women hide her deeper feelings.

Actually, the whole nightmares thing is a big bone of contention with me, so... See, I know a lot of people think that she's got her nightmares under control and has dealt with them, since, y'know, she's a Psychonaut, they know how to handle these things. (That's kind of an...Interesting argument in the first place. I mean, Oleander's a Psychonaut. Look what happened to him.) Maybe she's not "over it," exactly, but she's at least got things under control.

The sticking point with me is that, yes, she has her nightmares contained. Good for her. But that's not handling them. That's locking them away in a little box and hoping maybe they'll go away on their own. That's sweeping the problem under the rug and hoping no one will notice.

The impression I always got from Milla's nightmares was that she has them under control in the sense that they're not roaming around loose, terrorizing at random, but she's not willing to try and fight them (which is what she would need to do to get over her past, IMHO). Probably because she's afraid to do it--I mean, I would be, too.

Interestingly enough, apparently in an early build of her mind (and I've found sound files that back this up), her nightmares were running around loose, snatching kids and dancers and yanking them underground. The level even ended in a boss battle. That all got cut for obvious reasons--Milla being Milla, would she really let kids run around in there if she knew it was dangerous? Anyway...one of the sound files that I found in regards to this pretty much sums it up, for me. Milla, talking to Raz, refers to the nightmares as "party crashers" and tells him to "just do what I do, ignore them."

I don't think the version we ended up with is as bad as completely ignoring them--she's aware they're there, obviously, and seems to acknowledge that--but it's close enough. For me, at least.

OVERVIEW

-Nightmares are under control but she’s not exactly over it.

-Despite open nature she prefers to not think about traumatic events and hides them away.

That's locking them away in a little box and hoping maybe they'll go away on their own. That's sweeping the problem under the rug and hoping no one will notice.

Why would she forget? To forget what happened to the children is as bad as forgetting the children themselves.

Other than that, I'm going to say that I liked this one more than Sasha's... we don't get much development in Milla's character, and this certainly helped me narrow all the thoughts I've had about her down.

Yay!

So, are they the only characters you're going to do, or are you possibly going to do more?

Umm..I thought about it and I'm deciding to take requests. I truly have no preference. I'm doing this to help people write.

Sorry I take so long replying. I'm writing as well.

That's locking them away in a little box and hoping maybe they'll go away on their own. That's sweeping the problem under the rug and hoping no one will notice.

Why would she forget? To forget what happened to the children is as bad as forgetting the children themselves.

Other than that, I'm going to say that I liked this one more than Sasha's... we don't get much development in Milla's character, and this certainly helped me narrow all the thoughts I've had about her down.

TyraaRane really helped me with her. She is hard as we do have a lot of thoughts about her.

Umm...let me try to explain that a little better. What I think she was trying to say was that she forgets so that she doesn't get hurt.

Umm..I thought about it and I'm deciding to take requests. I truly have no preference. I'm doing this to help people write.

Sorry I take so long replying. I'm writing as well.

It's okay, I don't mind. And, maybe, this one is hard...

Could you do Becky? I love her character, but I can't analyize anything worth crap.

WHY

The whole question though, is why? Why would fans want to pair two side characters that only take up a bit of the playing time. Well for one there is a suprising amount of evidence for the two and it is always interesting to see how two people would react towards each other in a romantic relationship.

Evidence

The best piece of evidence is in Mila’s vault, Milla’s Adventures. In this the last slide shows Milla lying on top of Sasha and they are both smiling. This heavily, heavily hints that they have fallen in love. Especially so since the other slides were them bonding over missions. It would be near impossible to argue that there wasn’t some tension in that picture.

An in-game example is subtly thrown in for those who listen carefully. When Raz is preparing to go to the Brain Tumbler for the second time, he informs Sasha and Milla about what they said to each other. They are surprised to hear about each other. This is just one dialogue example of Sasha and Milla.

The last piece of evidence is a very subtle one towards the end. When Milla and Sasha are fighting Oleander they coordinate their moves to attack him best without even telling each other what to do. . This bond that they show when fighting only enforces the belief that they have once been very close.

Longevity

Basically would their relationship work out, and for how long?

I believe that despite there being a lack of a relationship (Not tension, a relationship), their relationship would last long. However it would take effort from both parties. If Milla was more persistent in pursuing a relationship with Sasha and Sasha was more accepting of allowing himself to feel love then yes I think it would work.

Both of them would have to not be afraid of letting themselves open up. By Milla allowing herself to feel deeper feelings and not ignore them then she could love Sasha. Love is a deep thing and I think that the first time she realized she was in love she decided to ignore the fact. So for a writer to deeply explore these two they would have to touch on the fact that she ignores things instead of tackling them head on.

Sasha is closed since he is so out of touch in the world. By simply being around Milla isn’t going to change how open and closed he is as we have already seen. Milla has to first come over her problem and Sasha is going to have to have a want to be more open to others. His desire to carry on knowledge after him is one way that would force him to become less distant.

OVERVIEW

-Evidence in Milla’s Adventures, in game dialogue in-between Brain Tumbler and Milla’s Dance Party, Coordinated fighting

-Relationship would work out long

-Sasha less distant

-Milla getting over ignoring problems.

It's okay, I don't mind. And, maybe, this one is hard...

Could you do Becky? I love her character, but I can't analyize anything worth crap.

Ohh...wow. My friend just asked me that on IM three seconds ago

Sure I'll do that after I'm finished with this. It'll just be as a character sheet not as a romance sheet.

I believe that despite their inferred break-up...

omfg. When did that happen? Is it a fact or a thought? Confusion!

All of this stuff would be excellent in Zets' page. She could possibly put this up, if you asked.

A thought as we don't actually see them in the game together. In the vault it is inferred that they never pursued this love. I consider it a "Break-up"

Thanks for reading and pointing stuff out.

I'll ask nicely. I have been e-mailing her a lot lately.

A thought as we don't actually see them in the game together. In the vault it is inferred that they never pursued this love. I consider it a "Break-up"

Thanks for reading and pointing stuff out.

I'll ask nicely. I have been e-mailing her a lot lately.

Oooh... so does it count as a break up if they were never together? Hmm...

Archived