Home

.skin files

KOTOR fan

he means for Jedi Academy... and most if not all the skins are in the .jpg file format inside of the assets packs i.e. assets1pk3 etc.

Edit: there are .skin files with these asset packs also, but honestly i can't remember how to extract and edit them right off hand, it's been a long while since i've done anything with JA...

Yeah, .skin files contain all the info on where the textures are assigned on a model in JA and JO. While it may look daunting at first, it's relitively simple to edit. You just have to know where everything goes.

For instence,

head_face,models/players/atst_pilot/face.png

Refers to the face of the model (head_face). After the comma: that's the actual path. The models folder, then players, then skin (you can change it's name as long as you change all references to it in the skin files and folders and such. Say you're editing a stormtrooper. You would change the folder's name from "stormtrooper" to "your_skin's_name". Then you would do the same in all the .skin files where it makes references to that folder), then the texture (face.png).

• 4 months later...

Hey all!

I have found a few bugs with skins in pk3 files for JA, namely the Nihilus skin,and the Mortis Rand skin,the former did not work;and the latter caused conflicts with some melee settings and console command executes in the multi-player game.

Have re-installed XP and JA numerous times for the sake of smooth gameplay,nevermind about the Nightmare of KotOR 2 and the Patch!!!

Any tips to getting Nihilus to work?

Way too much time on my hands,

DonPo

• 3 months later...

Archived