Home

Escaflowne on PSP UMD

lukeskywalker1

So, Escaflowne the Movie is coming to the PSP. I've posted this here because there are more anime fans here, than in the Swamp.

It was a good movie, made in Japan in 2000, (english versions 2001) Now its coming to the PSP. I never really saw the point of buying/rebuying movies for the PSP, with that small screen and all. But if thats what people like, then let them go for it. I know I won't buy it, even though I really like the movie. I have the DVD.

Anyways, whats the point? If they are willing to spend the money to reput this movie out for the PSP 4 years later, then that may mean that Escaflowne could make a slow but steady come back! :D Im really excited about that. I recently saw that Escaflowne was the top anime search on Yahoo.com (cool!) With the increased popularity we could see Escaflowne 2 (preferably) the TV show reaired, and maybe even a season 2.

Link + Box Art

*shudders* Please dont reshow the Fox version of Escaflowne... I dont mind the english dubs, I loved the movie dubbed... heh.Just dont want that version of the show ever to be aired again. If they show the series without heavy editing then Ill watch it. :)

if I get a PSP, Ill probly by the movie for it, since I dont have the dvd of it already. :)

In a few years time we will have access to discs that will store 12 times the amount of data on them than a DVD. Now if you make those high density discs small like the GCN or PSP discs you find you have something that is still superior to a DVD, able to play High Definition movies on all media, portable and home entertainment and can truely be called "UNIVERSAL."

Therefore, UMD movies = Backward technology.

yeah, as much as i like my psp, UMDs weird me out.

Its definitely appears a very current/near sighted medium, or even as lynky suggests, backwards step as far as storage capacity etc goes...(1.3gb or so)

Of course, for a contemporary portable its results are amazing, but what I hope the future of alot of things will be like is having access to hi-capacity mediums, perhaps like on mem cards or on board HDDs. I keep thinking of those all-digital video cameras, which can have up to 40gb of on board memory and can store hours upon hours of compressed video... maybe something similar can happen in the portable gaming world....tho power drain/heat issues being are the perennial obstacles :( (and cost too!!)

Of course, sony etc are worried about piracy, which results in things as near sighted as the UMDs.... Im not sure if higher capacity UMDs will ever happen, who knows....

mtfbwya

Archived