Home

Scary Games?

toms

For about $10 you can get either the gold edition of Aliens Vs Predator 2, and make sure you play as the human....you'll wet your pants everytime you hear a blip on your scanner.

Another creepy one in the discount range is The Thing for the win! You can spend all your money on Doom 3 if you want, but all that stuff has been borrowed from everything else, while the first mentioned games are directly inspired and meant to mirror the suspense of the movies they spawned from.

I loved the movie The Thing. It was made in like '56 right? I watched the B&W one, and it was really creepy. I heard the game was good as well, but I'm not too interested in lots of gore...

There was a movie made in '56, however THIS game is inspired by John Carpenter's 1982 remake, and remains in my top ten list of scariest movies I have ever seen. The game emulates alot of that tention really well.

the scariest thing i ever played was one level in "Theif- Deadly Shadows". It was the Shalbridge Cradle if you are patient enough to get to it....

The Craddle was really scary and the tensed atmosphere is maintained througout the level. For maximum effect play it in the dark: increased heartbeat rate guaranteed.

• 1 month later...

*Resurects old thread as an undead thread*

The new Call of Cthulhu game looks kind of interesting:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/562603.asp?q=call%20of

first person survival horror meets adventure game puzzle solving. But you spend a lot of it with no weapons and have to run away, hide, push furniture against doors etc...

Looks to me as if it does everything Condemned does on the 360, just without the lovely graphics.

I traded in a few games for Deadly Shadows, so maybe i'll check it out once I finish SSX3 and MGS:TTS.

AvP/AvP 2 Gold Editions, woo ya! ;)

Actually a lot of FPS have made me jump.. not in terms of scares, just surprise. ;)

Happened to me during the original Dark Forces for example! Rare, but it happens!

House of the Dead series, and Zombie Revenge. ;)

SplatterHouse series... (especially part 3) another good halloween game.

Archived