Home

key combo for this :¬: Smilie

TheOssusKeeper

:¬: Hmm no that's not it I.S.

Alt+0172

How did I figure that out? Start: Programs: Accessories: System Tools: Character Map

Set the font to System

Look for the symbol and highlight it. It says 0xAC. In decimal that it 172. Prepend a 0 to it and use it with the Alt key.

Look for the symbol and highlight it. It says 0xAC. In decimal that it 172. Prepend a 0 to it and use it with the Alt key.

Or you could just pick a TrueType font (Tahoma, Courier...) instead of the System font, and it will tell you the necessary key-combo in the lower right corner of that window in plain text when you select the character. :p

nope, doesn't work for me...

Did you use the numeric keypad to the right, and not the number keys underneath the F# keys? I think you must use the numeric keypad for it to work. Make sure Num Lock is active.

Also use Alt and not Alt Gr, and hold it down while you type all four numbers (0172), then release it. ¬

:doh: I failed to mention that one needs to use the number pad typically found on the right side of they keyboard and that the num lock needs to be on in order for the ALT+xxxx key combination to work. It doesn't work if you use the numbers at the top of the keyboard. :fist:

Thanks for clearing that up stoffe :^:

Did you use the numeric keypad to the right, and not the number keys underneath the F# keys? I think you must use the numeric keypad for it to work. Make sure Num Lock is active.

Also use Alt and not Alt Gr, and hold it down while you type all four numbers (0172), then release it. ¬

Silly me, :fist: i guess i should've tried that first... :blush2:

:doh: I failed to mention that one needs to use the number pad typically found on the right side of they keyboard and that the num lock needs to be on in order for the ALT+xxxx key combination to work. It doesn't work if you use the numbers at the top of the keyboard. :fist:

Thanks for clearing that up stoffe :^:

It's cool now, thanks peeps... :)

Archived