Home

Episode XX: The Jedi, the Sith, and the Hunger

Tysyacha

Reynolds began walking toward the ship. He'd give the jedi two minutes, then he'd take off. With or without her.

=====

Jokemaster laughed. "I think I've done it enough times to be familiar with it." He saw Reynolds boarding the ship.

"You should talk to him. You being the charismatic one in the group and all that."

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riebe nodded and removed her lightsaber from her belt, tucking it away out of sight. Then, she approached Reynolds with a charming smile on her face. "Where are you headed, Captain?"

----------------------

Alyssa emerged from her room completely changed. Her blonde hair had been synthetically changed to dark brown and her blue eyes had been altered to violet. She had discarded Jedi robes, replacing them with clothing that suited a ship crewmember. Her lightsabers were stowed away, one in each boot. To complete the transformation, she rubbed a bit of dirt into her face and strapped a blaster pistol to her belt. A small smile came to her face as she hurried off toward the Fable.

"Call it a passing interest in the place," Riebe shrugged. "I've been there a few times before, but It's been a while... you might say I'd be interested to see how it's changed... if at all."

Alyssa saw Riebe speaking with Reynolds and caught something in the way her former master was acting that prompted her to approach Reynolds as if she didn't know either of the two Sith Hunters he was speaking with.

"Ready," she told him. Riebe's eyes took in Alyssa's disguise and she turned to Reynolds.

"One of your crew?" she asked.

Alyssa let out a weary sigh. "This is my former master," she said.

"Though not a Jedi," Riebe cut in. Given her original plan had failed, she retrieved her lightsaber with a flick of her wrist and clipped it to her belt. "My friend and I know of the mission you are going on. It won't be easy, so you might be able to use the help of the person who trained her to do that." She eyed Alyssa again as she said this.

"Please say yes so we can get on with this," Alyssa pleaded. "Riebe's more stubborn than I am and if you give her a definite 'no', you'll find when we get to Nar Shadda that she's come anyway."

Riebe raised an eyebrow and glanced at Jokemaster. "I guess that settles it."

Alyssa sighed. "Are you going to tell me why you're really coming with us."

Riebe chose to ignore the question. "Impressive disguise," she said. "I scarcely recognized you myself..."

Alyssa heaved a weary sigh and boarded the ship. She knew Riebe would give her no further information. Riebe smiled as she boarded the ship.

Before the others boarded the ship, Reynolds spoke quickly with the crew.

"We've got two more people coming along with us. Orlov, Cuth, you keep an eye on them. I'll be in the cockpit with Burne. "

As the Sith Hunters boarded the ship, Cuth's eyes immediately narrowed with suspicion. It was the same guy again, this time with someone else, someone who also had that strange feeling on them. He introduced Orlov, and told them that Burne was in the cockpit, then stayed silent and sat down in the lounge

"A pleasure to meet both of you, Orlov and Vales," Riebe said with a smile. "I'm Riebe Sothe."

Alyssa came into the lounge and sat down and Riebe approached her.

"You know, you actually almost had me fooled when I first saw you," she said. "I barely recognized you."

"You taught me well," Alyssa laughed. Riebe nodded and turned to go to the cockpit.

"I see," Riebe said thoughtfully. "And yet the Captain was willing to allow Elron aboard the ship, all the while knowing that Elron had chased you?" She half-turned, and looked up at Reynolds. "Doesn't seem to be an incredibly wise move, Captain."

She turned back to Cuth. "Threepwood... no wonder Elron wanted to take you... a distant relative of Kent Threepwood, can I assume?"

Riebe nodded slowly. "Did you not have the choice or did you simply decide to ignore one of them?"

She stood and faced Reynolds, though she knew they wouldn't see eye to eye... she was too short for that.

"Elron managed to handle himself well on Mustafar before you took him aboard," she said. "What makes you so sure he wouldn't have done so after you left?" She paused. "I'm not arguing that you should have left him... simply that if you had left him, Cuth wouldn't have to hide behind a name."

Then, she turned to Cuth. "Kent Threepwood... served the Elron the First and Tysyacha Dvukhsotnaya along with the woman who eventually became his wife, Falya Hent... have you not heard the stories?" She sighed and shrugged. "There I go, showing my age again..." Then to herself, "People get freaked out when they hear you talking like a something thousand year old, Riebe... tone it down... act like you look... 19... damn... don't remember 19..."

She shrugged and moved away muttering.

Why the hell didn't they let me go?? Elron wondered as he stormed through the corridors and into an empty courtyard. It appeared to be a training area, which Elron felt was just fine. I was really looking forward to cracking some heads together.

He went over to a computer panel and slid an access card through a slot, entering the main menu. He selected training options, and activated five training drones.

Two slots in either side of the courtyard walls opened and five floating balls of steel drifted out of them, circling around him. He emotionlessly drew his ancestor's blade.

Five shots rang out simultaneously. Three drones went down. Elron withdrew his blade from redirecting three of the five shots and slashed back behind him, slicing the final two in half. That was hardly an outlet for his frustration. I thought they'd be more of a challenge than that. If this is the best they can do, well then the Jedi must not believe in training their padawans very well.

There was a spike in the Force and he looked up, again seeing no one there. If there was, then they were hiding and their signature had disappeared.

Damn it, there it is again!

"Did you think destroying drones would ease your frustration at being left behind?" The voice belonged to Jedi Master Caitlin Bryce. She moved into the traning area slowly, deliberately. "Did you think that, perhaps you could take revenge on the men who ordered the shots that nearly destroyed the life of Kayla?"

The woman smiled and shook her head. "If all your energy is directed into revenge, what will you have left when the revenge is complete?"

The elderly, white-haired woman regarded Elron with a quiet smile as she awaited his answer to her questions.

Elron looked up at the Jedi. "I would have plenty of energy left, don't you worry. As what I would use it for, that is my buisness and mine alone." he said heatedly. He always hated how the Jedi thought that every single detail in every person's life had to be known to them. It really ticked him off. "As for the drones..." he sighed, calming himself, "No, I suppose I didn't. I was just...grr!" he let off a wave of Force energy that was felt as if it were a gust of wind, "I just don't know why they kept me here! Finding and taking out those men were just as much my responsibility, my right, as the rest of the crew of the Fable. Not only because of what those...bastards...did to Kayla, but also because they were going after my cousin."

"Our ship needed a part. Kayla's a genius when it comes to engines, but every once in a while our ship needs a new part." He glanced at Alyssa. "Especially when we push the engine to the max, trying to avoid crashing into someone's ship. And if you don't like my choices, you can-"

"Wait" Interrupted Cuth, looking at Riebe "I haven't heard the stories....Are you telling me, my ancestor........was a sith?"

Riebe paused and turned back to Cuth. "Was. But he left them, along with Falya, Falya's sister, Tirya, and Tirya's eventual husband Wash. Tirya and Wash were Jedi, but the four of them turned their backs on both Jedi and Sith and vanished for quite some time..." She smiled softly. "A daughter of Falya and Kent married into my family line, so you and I are in fact, distant cousins, I believe."

Archived