Home

Episode XX: The Jedi, the Sith, and the Hunger

Tysyacha

Elron had to pause for a moment. He hadn't thought of what he would do after he had found Syscha. Or after they found the men that were hunting her. "I suppose...I suppose that when the Fable returns, I'll do what I can to see that I'm on the next mission to get to the root of that group of men that were sent out to find my cousin. I don't know why, but I feel as if I need to follow up on this. After that...I don't know."

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As their lips met, a shock was sent through Elron's body. He felt...electrified. He was almost positive now why it was that he wanted revenge. And it had nothing to do with Tysyacha or family. He loved Kayla. That was all there was to it. The answer was so simple. The initial shock over, Elron found his hand sliding behind her ear as he kissed her back...

Pure rage; a look that should never be seen on the face of a Jedi... the look Riebe's face artfully adopted now. She called on the Force to throw the man up against the wall.

"When I say I want information, you give it to me!" she roared. "Who are they?"

The man's eyes widened in fear, and he began sweating.

"All right! All right! There is no they, there's only a he."

Orlov frowned. "Then you're not working for the nihlites?"

"The nihl-You thiink I work for them?"

"Then what do you know about them?"

"Please....I don't want to be made an example of. I won't be ma-"

With a rough jerk the ship exited hyperspace, and the prisoner was jerked against the wall and knocked out again. Reynolds' voice came through the intercom, cursing.

"Riebe! Orlov! One of you get up to the turrets, the other one get-"

BOOM!

Reynolds cursed in a variety of languages. "What was that?"

Burne answered. "I think it's the turret."

The barrel of the turret gun flew by in front of the ship, on fire.

"That was the turret?! Did the turret just get blown off my ship!"

"It looks like that, yeah."

Reynolds got back on the intercom. "Scratch that, both of you get up here now!" He turned the intercom off and turned to Burne.

"Was that the star destroyer?"

"Yeah."

"What'd they say?"

"Surrender and prepare to be boarded."

Reynolds sighed. "No way out?"

"They got us on a tractor beam."

==============

The healer entered the room, and saw them kissing. He felt that they did love each other through the force and smiled.

"I'm sorry." He said, and Kayla, looked up, flustered. "But you have to rest now." He looked at Elron. "Only for a few minutes. We can't risk a lot of stress on the wound. "

((OOC: Where did the Fable exit hyperspace? Did it reach Yavin or did it just come out because it was being shot at?))

Elron looked from the healer to Kayla. He was loath to leave her, but he stood.

"Only for a while." he said, winking at her, and left.

As he strode out into the hallway, he sensed a change in the Force. It took him a while to discover that part of what he was feeling were the signatures of the three Jedi and Cuth.

Something's not right...

Mon Rona stopped over a watery planet. "Kamino..." he thought. "My home..." He landed at a platform in Tipoca City. He walked inside. He wandered to the clone pods. He gave a sigh. A Kaminoian by the name of Lonni saw him. "Mon Rona!" Lonni exclaimed. "What are you doing here?" "I'm here to find out about everything." Mon Rona responded. "Can you take me to Mayor Plore?" "Yes." she responded to him. "Follow me." Mon Rona followed Lonni to Plore. "Come in." Plore said in his office.

Mon Rona stepped inside. "Mon Rona!" he said in a shock. "What are you doing here?" "I came back to find out everything. Start telling." Mon Rona demanded. "What do you want to know?" Plore asked.

Riebe rushed up and into the cockpit, joining Alyssa, who had already gone there.

"What's the situation?" Riebe asked.

"Star Destroyer," Alyssa answered. "Tractor beam. No way out."

"Great," Riebe muttered. She turned to Reynolds. "I'm going to skip asking how good your crew is at using their weapons as I suspect the question might not be taken as I desire it... but I must say your chances are significantly better now than they would've been if Alyssa, Jack, and I weren't here."

She paused thoughtfully. "Alyssa and I will find the tractor beam release. Jack, stay with the crew. Captain, if this Star Destroyer is fully crewed, I reccomend finding a place to hide while Alyssa and I get that tractor beam disabled."

"Who was I cloned from?" Mon Rona asked. "You were cloned from an alien race that was known as the Yuuzhan Vong, a race who tried to conqur the galaxy a while ago." started Mayor Plore. "The one you were cloned from was Nom Anor, an infamous enemy of the Jedi. Somehow, you were infused with the power to use the Force. We captured a Coralskipper for you to use to move from planet to planet. You were supposed to be the first in an army of clone Yuuzhan Zong. But, the project was discontinued." "Why was it discontinued?" Mon Rona asked. "You were the only sucessful clone." he answered. "All the others died. So now, we only have the clones of Jango Fett." "Why did you want to create an army of clones like me?" asked Mon Rona curiously. "In case the Yuuzhan Vong attacked our Kamino, we would have a decent army ready to combat them. Is that all you wanted to know?" asked Plore. "Yes. That is all." Mon Rona said. He stood up and left for his ship. "Time to go back to Yavin 4." he thought.

Riebe nodded and motioned for Alyssa to follow her.

"We're not just going to barge out, are we?" Alyssa asked in alarm.

"Of course not," Riebe answered calmly. Nonetheless, she continued to the boarding ramp of the ship and stood there, waiting.

"Then what are we doing?" Alyssa demanded. "Allowing them to capture us?"

"Certainly not!" Riebe chuckled. "Relax, young Jedi."

She turned from the ramp and sat down nearby. Alyssa approached her.

"What are you doing?" she demanded.

"Preparing to make us disappear," Riebe answered. "It is a skill I never got the chance to teach you, but I can cover both of us in the effect."

"So we'll be invisible," Alyssa said uncertainly.

"Invisible, inaudible," Riebe agreed. "Now shush... let me focus."

"All right. Burne, shut this thing down. "

Burne complied. Reynolds stepped on the console and began unscrewing the vent panel.

"We'll hide in the vents. It'll give us a clear view of the smuggler's hole as well. If anyone goes near it, we shoot them."

"I can influence them so they don't notice it." Said Jack.

Reynolds looked down. "All right. You do that, meanwhile if it fails, we'll shoot."

Jack looked at Cuth. "I'll need your help with that."

Cuth looked worried. "Me? But I don't know wha-"

"It's okay, I'll help you."

Cuth began to object, but fell silent. "All right"

They climbed up, and Jack grinned. What better way to begin training him?

The ramp slid open and Riebe focused her energy on erasing both herself and Alyssa from the minds of those coming up the ramp, changing the memories as they were created. She slipped around them and Alyssa followed her.

"Easy, yes?" she said quietly as they moved out into the hangar bay and across the floor to the nearest door. Alyssa grinned, but her grin was soon replaced by a worried frown.

"What about those near enough to see us, but out of your range?" she asked. An alarm sounded and Riebe broke into a run.

"Help me enlarge the range!" she exclaimed. "Let me gather your Force energy."

Alyssa felt a light touch on her mind and let her former master in, bonding the two in a way Alyssa remembered from her training. Through the Force, they had become one fighter, one invader, one invisible being of two bodies. Search parties rushed past them.

"I could've sworn I saw two people leave the ship," they heard. The man came around the corner, leading another search party and a commanding officer. "Right over there!" He pointed and the Force-joined women slid past the group. Alyssa grinned.

"Easier than a training droid set to the level of an initiate," she said. Riebe nodded.

"Tractor beam's this way," she said, pointing. "Let's go."

As one of the soldiers inspected the hold Jack whispered.

"All right kid. Keep him from noticing the secret hold."

"How?"

"It's easy. Focus carefully, and try to touch him with your mind. Don't push him, but basically probe around. "

Jack monitored Cuth's use of the force, ready to jump in if he did something wrong. After a few moments Cuth spoke.

"What now?"

"Now, you've got to guide his mind away from the hidden hatch. Don't try to hide it, but guide his mind towards other things instead. "

The guard approached the hatch, but walked away to inspect a few containers.

"Good job. Just do the same thing anytime someone gets too close."

"This is somewhat exhausting," Alyssa muttered. Ten minutes had passed and she and Riebe were still Force-joined and erasing themselves from the minds of any they passed.

"You get used to it," Riebe answered. "After you've done it a while, it becomes as easy as... well, as using the Force to lift and hurl a small stone."

"Looking forward to that," Alyssa gasped. Riebe felt Alyssa's concentration waver slightly and sent a wave of strength to her former apprentice.

"Thanks," Alyssa whispered, standing a little straighter again.

"Anytime," Riebe answered. They entered an elevator and Riebe sent a suggestion to the nearest soldier that he'd best get on the elevator and press a few buttons. This he did and began to look rather confused as the elevator shot up.

"What?" he murmured. Alyssa quickly drowned the question from his mind and he stood there, mindlessly staring at the door.

After a few guards, Cuth was getting the hang of it. Until one guard kept coming back again and again.

"All right. This is going to be a little harder. You need to create an illusion. Put something else in place of that hatch. A panel, a box, or a-"

"Or a vent?"

Jack chuckled. "That'd be good. Try that."

The guard approached the hatch, and began looking straight at it. Nervous, Reynolds began taking aim, but then the guard did an about-face and left the hold.

"You're a natural, kid." Said Jack, smiling. He was a fast learner too.

Archived