Home

Episode XX: The Jedi, the Sith, and the Hunger

Tysyacha

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alyssa and Riebe ordered drinks and took small sips while they waited. It wouldn't be good to down an entire glass and be too drunk to do anything if something happened. They also fell into casual conversation.

"So I talked to Gan last week," Alyssa said. Riebe pretended interest.

"The guy who's been trying to get you to go out with him for three years?" she asked. "I thought you weren't going to give him any hope of attention."

"That was the plan," Alyssa agreed. "But he started acting different... if you know what I mean."

Riebe made a face. "So you broke it off, then?"

"Threatened to break his face is more like it," Alyssa laughed. "He freaked and ran off."

"Good for you," Riebe said, nodding in approval. "He was a jerk anyway."

Both women knew that none of the things they were saying were true, but they also knew that their conversation would convince most people that they were focused entirely on each other and ignoring anything else. To most people, they were here for nothing but the drinks.

Above a muffled yell was barely heard, and Reynolds heard Orlov's voice in his ear.

"Got the snipers, I'm in position."

"Good. Keep your eye out."

Soon a man came in, and sat in the chair next to the prisoners, Reynolds signalled Riebe to prepare to take him out. Reynolds heard their voices over the comm.

"You are here, yet the girl is not with you."

"We ran into some problems. " Said the prisoner. "The crew of that damn ship surprised us. "

The man shook his head. "I pay you a king's ransom, and you get foiled by a bunch of space rats!"

Suddenly one of the prisoners spoke worriedly. "They're here. They're trying to-"

He was cut off with a shot to the chest by Reynolds.

"GRAB HIM NOW!" Yelled Reynolds, suddenly all the people in the bar began shooting at them. Apparently everyone in the bar seemed to be on the man's side.

He heard a lightsaber being unclipped, and whirled around. He shot the would-be saberist in the chest before the lightsaber finished powering up. Meanwhile Orlov was expertly taking down many with headshots with the sniper rifle.

=================

Kayla sighed and got up. She grabbed a cane that had been left for her, and began walking out. The healer blocked her way.

"You can't go out right now! You're not even supposed to be out of bed."

She sighed. "Look, I feel fine now. Will it really kill me if I take a walk?"

The healer saw her determination and sighed. "I never thought I'd have a patient more stubborn than some of the jedi around here. Just come back quickly."

"Thanks."

Kayla started walking out and saw Elron smashing his head against a wall. She was surprised to see him.

"I thought you'd have gone off with the crew!" She said, grabbing his shoulder to stop him from smashing his head again.

Almost in unison, Riebe and Alyssa called on the Force to bring their sabers out of their boots and into their hands. Riebe deflected a blast with one saber as she connected the two ends together and Alyssa directed another toward the man the prisoners had been talking to. He was moving quickly, but a deflected blaster bolt moves even faster and this one drove itself into his leg.

Suddenly five people came flying out from the balcony, screaming. Orlov then stood there triumphantly holding a chair, he turned around and swung the chair again, hitting two more of the people.

"RIEBE!" Yelled Reynolds. "GRAB HIM!"

The man was running towards the bar, attempting to escape.

Riebe deactivated her lightsaber and made a running dive, coming down on the man's shoulders and driving him to the ground. She wrestled his hands behind his back and pulled him roughly to his feet, squeezing his wrists tightly in her right hand, threatening to snap both wrists.

"Scared yet, big boy?" she growled.

"You'd think, wouldn't you?" he said, his frustration not fully worked out yet. "But no. Those stupid..." he stopped himself from swearing at the Jedi. That probably would get him absolutly no where, "Jedi," he said through gritted teeth, "Seemed to think that I would suddenly go haywire and screw the entire mission up, getting us all killed." he got up, shrugging Kayla's hand from his shoulder. He went over to a training dummy and soundly planted a fist in it. "I hate it." he said, keeping his voice level, but throwing a kick and knocking the dummy from its stand.

The man sneered. "Not of you, freak." He said, recognizing her as a Sith Hunter. "You don't know who you're dealing with." Reynolds smashed the man in the face with the barrel of his gun. The man slumped, unconcious.

"That's how you get them to cooperate." Said Reynolds. Now let's get out of here."

The group started walking out of the bar, leaving behind only dead bodies and injured people. THe two prisoners had been killed.

======

"They just need time to accept you." Said Kayla "They aren't used to having people like you just appear out of nowhere."

"Fine, fine!" Elron said, breaking her gaze. "If you really must know, years ago, I had done some researching my family's history. At one point, I had found out that the first Elron and Tysyacha had close friends by the name of Kent Threepwood and his wife Falya. I then descided to research their family to find their only living descendant: Cuth, or Vales as he seems to like to be called."

Riebe shrugged and let the man drop. "I'd have gotten there soon enough," she muttered. She sighed and looked at the prisoners. "Sacrifice two for one, huh? Hope this one has more information for us."

((JM, how did that dude recognize her? She barely looks like herself. Hair cut short and blonde instead of brown. Green eyes... I donno... confused me there :) ))

When they got to the ship, Reynolds and Orlov threw the man into the same smuggler's compartment and cuffed him to a pipe.

"Burne, get us out of here."

"Roger that. "

Burne lifted the ship up, and took it into hyperspace.

"Orlov, the moment he wakes up, get some info out of him. I want it before we get back to Yavin IV."

"Ok." Orlov headed back down to the smuggler's hold to wait.

"I'll be back," Riebe said. Alyssa rolled her eyes, but stayed in the lounge. Riebe followed Orlov to the smuggler's hold.

"He'll be a bit harder to get information out of than the other two," she told him. "As I am not officially a Jedi, I want to help you. When we get him back to Yavin IV, the Jedi will take him... and they'll be reluctant to use the Force as much as they might to get information out of him... and any information they do get won't come to you." She paused. "Will you accept my help?"

Archived