Home

Site updated

Commander Obi-Wan

Like others have said, hunt mode is a gameplay style where you hunt native species (ewoks, gungans, jawas) with a specific class. For example you hunt ewoks with scout troopers, gungans with super battledroids and geonosians with clone sharpshooters. The object for the hunters is to kill a certain amount of locals within a set time limit, whereas the prey must survive the time period, although they can also try to win by killing a certain amount of the hunters. Think of it like this, Scouttroopers vs ewoks on Endor, scouttroopers win if they can kill 50 ewoks within 5 minutes. The ewoks win if they survive 5 minutes, or if they kill 50 scouttroopers. Of course this is going to be challenging considering the ewoks are armed only with spears and stones.

Well it will be fun just trying to survive the tuskan raiders. Anyway, who knows? We might just have a Revenge Of The Jawas on our hands. Conquering the galaxy, crushing all those who once doubted their superiority!

Anyway, the gungans are probably just going to have grenades and maybe fushion cutters to build turrets and stuff.

I kind of wish that they would give these huntable units more weapon variety. For example, they could give the tuskan raiders gaffi sticks as well as there rifles. And arm the gungans with electrospears and energy sheilds as well as grenades. But I doubt that LA would add such detail at such a late date in the games development, heck they probably wouldn't add it even if they did have time considering I'm probably the only one crazy enough to want this sort of thing.

Have you seen Episode 3? I knew he had a lightsaber before i saw the film.

You can also play as a Wampa and hunt Stormtroopers, and be a Clone and hunt Jedi.

Uhhhhhh yea. Have you been to the updated site? Hes under the Imperials and thats years later and he never had a lightsaber in the older movies unless you count the one the Vader took from Luke. He doesn't even hold one in the holo of him on the site

Well it would seem that Han/Princess Leia would be fairly weak compared to the others in combat, with only pistols (even if they are great pistols), but remember that range attacks will have an advantange over close range. Then again the Jedi are faster than anyone else. On the other hand Leia would be very useful for her "invulnerability" buff as support. Han I'm not so sure about, vs. Jedi, unless you're just a crack shot. The good guys have a few more to choose from.

I guess it also depends on if they restrict the number of each kind of class on that team in any way. Or they could give the pistol users more health or something.

True, but what are the chances that some body is gonna take han or leia or chewy or the fetts over a jedi/sith? Very low to none if you ask me...

You're wrong.

A large number of people would choose the Fetts over a Jedi or a Sith, not "very low to none", as you so assuredly put it.

You just see how many times you get blasted by a Fett and his flamethrower.

I just played the beta, and the fetts are very weak! Han Solo is much better (the map with two of them). about 3-4 clicks from the blaster and fett is dead. Where Boba has to keep on shooting, or should i say chasing. I think the fetts are no differnt than the dark/jet soldiers, just stronger armor and a little more gas. The thing is that the jedi/sith has a blocking ability, they can reflect about any shot, which gives them a very, very, high advantage point. Well when i see you on the battle field, we will see how much juice your fetts have over a jedi/sith, or even Han.

Even in the movies, The Fetts got pwned by the jedis without a sweat!

Btw... show me writen evidence, heck do a poll, to prove "A large number of people would choose the Fetts over a Jedi or a Sith."

Don't underestimate the value of the Jetpack. Remember in the GCW era, nobody can really fly among the normal units (the DT is just a jump jet). The Jetpack is a huge advantage in movement, and since going after control points is your primary concern, it's quite an advantage!

Solo's/Leia's pistol is powerful, but then so is Fett's rifle. Everybody uses the flame rifle because it's more fun, even though it is actually weaker (like the Bothan Spy's "heat gun", heh). And Fett, unlike the DT, has wrist rockets (equivalent to the ones used by Super Battledroids).

But you're right... never underestimate the power of the fett wankers... ;)

There is currently no way for Fett to fight a Jedi in the beta. That will have to wait for the celebrity deathmatch mission, or perhaps some map that pits a Jedi vs. Boba or Jango. His opponent on Utapau is Han Solo, and that's it. In any case, if he were to face a Jedi, he could easily escape from him via his jetpack to get out of range and away before they can get him. He can go places no Jedi can get to, in terms of height (Force Jump is nothing compared to the ability to fly).

Will more fans choose one over the other? We'll see. ;) But the map and side determines whom you get to be, except on the Celebrity Deathmatch mode (which isn't playable in the beta). The Villians side has two flying dudes on board, but then the goal is to get kills, not capture control points, so I don't know how it would end up.

True, the jet pack is very good. But the Fetts blaster is no stronger than a emp or arc. It takes about 3clicks (9 shots) to kill a guy. But yesterday i played on TAW beta server ( 90% of the time i am in first place) and played Han and Boba for hours on end. I felt Boba jet pack was great, but lacks a final punch, while Han mobility is short, but his baster is very, very, powerful (about as strong as a lightsaber, cuz it takes about 1-2 clicks to guy a guy with Han's blaster). Well this is my two cents.

Hmm, that's not how I experienced it. With Han, 1 shot (I should say "one burst" since pulling the trigger once is a two shot burst) is 1 kill. Maybe I've just got awesome aim and am making head shots, I don't know, but I basically took his gun for a one shot killer on regular infantry. He either missed or hit them and they died. Same with Fett's rifle. One burst = 1 kill.

It's sort of like the Dark Trooper's cannon in SWBF1. It seemed like a weak weapon, but if all the shots hit your target, they died. It's just that these "burst" guns require proper timing, but they all hit in the same place, so it's much easier to get all your damage on one target.

I think Fett's manuverability is an advantage over the Jedi and especially over Han Solo. Now in the context of a duel, where you are forced to kill one another and that's it, then his manuverability is just a chance for him to buy time to set up a shot. Hitting an airborne target is a lot harder than hitting a target on the ground, I'd say (without a lock-on weapon). In this sense Fett still has the advantage. Regardless of what else they're given, the ability to fly is always a huge bonus. ;)

They should weaken the jedi and sith in the celeb. death match (if one is made) to about the fett's level IF what KTR is saying is true.

At first glance the Jedi would seem overpowered, but we should realize that they really can't block anything, UNLESS they use the block function, which means they have to stay on the ground (no jumping or sprinting) and it drains their energy meter rapidly (which means no force powers). They're restricted to close range combat for the most part (force powers come into play at mid-range though for most of them).

It also greatly depends on what restrictions (if any) they give you. For example, can you have an entire team of Greviouses vs. an entire team of Yodas? Also, it would greatly depend on the map in question.

Is CDM all humans, or can bots play? In any case, there's a lot of stuff we could wonder about. It's too bad this wasn't part of the beta test. Because up until this point every game mode has had a GOAL in mind, so 1 vs 1 "balance" really hasn't been that important. Now, it would be. Even though you're playing as a team, I imagine this opens up the possibility of 1 vs 1 matches, not just 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4, etc.

It doesn't appear that any of them have to be "unlocked" and have don't know for example if certain classes use up more tickets. Or do you have limited lives? How many kills does your team need to get to win CDM?

Archived