Home

will there be critters?

Guest Kayote

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I KNOW! But I think that game has little bearing on the Star Wars universe, i always thought of Womprats as just small rodent creatures not unlike our groundhogs. Not very aggressive. of course, that was before I played Star Wars on SNES! :D

on a side note, though very much a part of EU, vornskyrs and ysalimarri would prove to be some nasty anti-Jedi creatures on maps! and as far as it being EU, almost every expansion idea in these forums is EU, so I guess it wouldn't be TOO MUCH of a stretch.

And Vornskyrs actually Hunt Force sensitive individuals, they can smell the force......i guess. That would kinda come in handy for a anti-Jedi unit! hehe....

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of the ysalimaari, a bubble that negates the force, like a shilds bubble. it would be very nice to put a few of those around the map so Jedi couldn't "stealth".

I understand that Bounty Hunters are a jedi counter unit, however, I feel that not every Civ should employ Bounty Hunters, I feel that diversity would be nice, maybe a future civ in an expansion would use vornskyrs instead of bounty Hunters.

I mean, some have already mentioned wanting to see the Vhong as an expansion civ, and feel it unnecessary for them to have Jedi, since they have no force sensitivity.

If people believe that not every culture has to have Jedi, why should every culture have Bounty Hunters. Diversity among the Civs, let's not make this a Warcraft, where every unit has an exact duplicate on the other civ, just adifferent color and name!

Or even less involved than that, why couldn't they be neutral craeatures on the map, that had a distinct liking for Jedi that wandered too close. ;)

I lost count after 4 or 5 threads! ;)

Actually my theory, because it is not exact, half belongs in this discussion. That is, of course, if Vornskyrs end up being critters with a apetite for Jedi ;)

However the other half of my theory does belong in another thread...I digress...sorry :o

[aside] thank you both my Avatar is a direct extension of my manhood ;)

Back on topic....

That seals it...I will now launch a full campaign of lobbying Lucasarts for the installment of Vornskyrs and Ysalimaari into either the 1st edition or future expansion of GB.

I have been charged by God, all those who oppose me will feel the wrath of many a wampa :mad: ! I swear, by the force, I WILL be victorious......

[End Rant]

Well it would be nice, but I doubt we'll see them...... :(

Your sarcasm is not completely lost on me.... I'm am simply adding dramatic support to my above stated desire to see certain creatures in the game. In addition, I am only tying to have fun and spur homurous discussion on topic.

Just a little litehearted banter that is all. You should join in, release yourself from the pressures of day to day living and spread your creative wings.

Plus it gets real boring in here at time when there is limited amounts of posting occuring, so boring in fact, I believe my medication can't combat the boredom....

that would explain a few things.... ;):D

Sorry if I have offended or "cheapend" your discussion in any way TIE guy... :o

Maybe the Vornskyr's and Ysalamiri would start out roaming free but then they could be captured by any of the civs and turned into anti Jedi weapons...but there is a risk the Vornskyr's would turn on that player's Jedi. The Ysalamiri would also cause problems for ANY Jedi that gets too close.

Worf

Guest Kayote

a like the mouse droids and force-sensitive animals

how about jawas (which would attack only droid units) and tusken raiders(sand people) on the taatonine tileset?

The Jawa thing wouldn't be fair,especially for the Trade Federation(all droids). On a Tatooine map tile,people would just keep luring unsuspecting Trade Federation players into Jawa herds so they'd be destroyed and leave their base open for attack.Still....it'd teach you a thing or 2 about scouting ahead with 1 unit instead of with your whole army. Actually a bad thing that could teach a good lesson. Still,I'm for TF 100% so no Jawas please. Also for the robotic villagers,like if you started on the map with a jawa force nearby,your economy would be severely devestated just because villagers suck at taking almost everything.

Guest Boba Fat

What about the jedi having yasmilari on them to pass the vornsk? and the Imperials could capture enemy men and torture them(with the interrigation droids) to find out information! That would be cool also they should have the Sarlaac to eat people on Tattoine!:sweat: The rebels could get Ewoks:ewok: to dismantle or capture AT-ST's!:eyeraise:

Boba Fat :fett:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Garry_M_Gaber

Oh, yes, there will be critters! Absolutely! To name a few, there are Wampas, Krayt Dragons, Mynocks, Eopies, Dewbacks, Tauntauns, TuskCats, and Rontos.

Garry M. Gaber

Director - Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds

Guest Geogwe

Howabout those tiger-like-things that atack you in the junkyard level of shadows of the Emp?You know:evil6: NYAH NYAH:evil6:

those guys.

Archived