Home

Carth Romance Fix

cjt0202

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to revive this thread, but I was hoping someone would notice and be able to give me an answer.

This mod only affects camera working, right? There weren't any changes to dialogues, or worse, voices? The characters will still say the default text, and their lips will still move properly? etc. etc.

Thanks in advance.

The mod changes characters and camera positions, add animation and an extra line of dialogue to HK and T3 in the unknown world, all of them with voice and with lip sync original from the game. It is optional but it adds some cut dialogue post Leviathan too, again voiced with proper lip sync, as far as I remember.

There's also one eensy change to Jolee's dialogue if the player killed Juhani on Dantooine--apparently, the rest of the scene is accessed through one of Juhani's lines in the original and if she's not there, the romance goes all to smithereens. So the mod tweaks one of Jolee's lines so if Juhani isn't there, the scene can go as planned.

I think Jolee's tweaked line is the only line in the mod that isn't supposed to be said where it is said, that is, the mod doesn't change any dialogue or voices except for that, and that line was borrowed from somewhere else in the game, IIRC--it's synched. And there is the bonus cut content post-Leviathan that was fully intact in the original just not accessable, so it's voiced and synched.

• 5 months later...

Hello everybody! ^__^

excuse my, but... can someone help me?

I don't know why, but this mod isn't work! :(

I mean Carth tells me "I very proud of you! I... I love you..." etc. I answer:"I love you too" - thats all! No romantic, no kiss, just Mission, Jolee and Zaalbar sais somethink and than Carth sais:"Ok, lets mooving" (((((

By the words : I didn't install some other mods by Carth and I play in Russian version of KotOR - it's important?

Pleese help me!(( I want see it :ball:

That it's the Russian version shouldn't matter. It's all new scripts to move everyone around. Since that's not happening and it sounds like it's playing out the same old way it always does, my first guess would be that the mod isn't installed quite right. When you unzip the zip file, there's three folders. You need to copy the files in the "override" folder into your override folder, and the file in the "sound" folder into your streamwaves\m41aa\cart04 folder (if you killed Juhani back in the Grove, Jolee will say one line in English to replace her).

Hey there!

I just wanted to say that while I am a guy and I was just playing as a female Revan to get the extra dialogue, I really appreciate this mod for what it does. I like the Carth romance subplot because it reveals a lot about his character that remains hidden if the PC is male, and is definitely worth an extra playthrough. This mod provides a far better end to this suplot and does it smoothly.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Uh... I think I'm being really slow, since I don't have a clue how to install the mod. Which/where is my Override folder and how do I get onto the folder the sound file is supposed to be copied into? Thanks in advance.

Uh... I think I'm being really slow, since I don't have a clue how to install the mod. Which/where is my Override folder and how do I get onto the folder the sound file is supposed to be copied into? Thanks in advance.
Your Override folder is in the folder where you installed the game, which is probably C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR. You'll find the streamwaves folder in there as well -- if you installed the game in the default location, the full path for where the sound file goes is C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\m41aa\cart04

If you're still lost, try this thread or send me a private message.

If anybody wants to see the video on how this mod works, I just uploaded a video to YouTube showing this fix by CJT0202. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpl7JIFh7ZY

Hi Shem, i just watched the video you posted on Youtube

I was just wondering if you can send me the mod to make Juhani more attractive & to make Jolee into a Yoda species (with Yoda Jolee can you use dark robes to visually show on Yoda Jolee?). If not could you possibly release them as a mod? Thanks for your time in reading this.

P.S. I tried to PM ya Shem, but apparently your PM box is full.

-GK

• 4 months later...

I've gotten confirmation that this mod should work on the Macintosh version of KOTOR (which I have), but my override folder won't let me add anything to it. Does anyone here run this mod or any other mod that you have to add to the override folder on a Mac? Anyone know how to "unlock" it, per se? Thanks in advance.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

OUTSTANDING scene dude! :bow: I've just played through this point after a year having this installed!!

very impressive kiss considering how hard is that to achieve (I've tried and succeded partially with other companions). A MUST HAVE mod if you ask me :nod: although I have to say that I didn't see how far Mission and the PC-Carth combo were in the original game, but anyway ... :)

thanks alot for sharing :thmbup1:

Archived