Home

Corpse Bride.....thing

adahazy

Hm....what do you think about the movie? Haven't seen it myself yet, but I've heard some opinions...and watched some trailers...(a bunch of blues (no Pet McConnel this time,and it shows alright), skeletons and, of course, the day of the dead...)

Any comments?

I agree on that - animators sure did their job fine, as well as the actors,and all the others...But the theme, or the 'package' to be more precise...don't you find it a little... well, familiar? Ok, maybe I'm imagining things..

If it is so, I deeply apologize. Really.

I'm not really a fan of Tim Burton as a filmmaker. He's more of a sketch artist than a filmmaker and you'll never get anything in his movies that you hadn't already gotten in his previous movies.

But I'll still definitely watch it when it comes out on DVD.

I really liked it. And there was one scene that I was watching and thinking "Grim Fandango! Grim Fandango!" the whole time. But I figured it was just me... but no. I talked to my friend, and she was like, "Man, I was just thinking about Grim Fandango during that whole scene...

• 1 month later...

Yes there are, Skye. The underworld Mexican dance sequence and a reference to "baby's breath" (Bowsley). All the piano playing reminded me of Glottis, and the beheaded guy of Salvador - he even says "sacre bleu" (Raoul!). Couldn't help thinking of GF everytime someone said "land of the living."

I think it's fitting considering Tim Schafer was probably inspired by Nightmare Before Christmas. Corpse Bride isn't as great as GF or NBC, though, not by a long shot. Probably wouldn't watch it again, but I enjoyed it.

Archived