Home

[FIC]Return of the Exile

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, the end is finally here :( It was really fun doing this, and I hope that you liked it :D I shall be doing a sequel :) I'm gonna stop babbling, so here it is:

They decided that the best place to start was the Academy. As they stepped in, Thomas commented, “Looks the same.”

“Yea, it hasn’t changed much since we were last here, except for the fact that there is a Sith lord here,” Brianna replied, dryly.

“Well, he might not be in here.”

“Yeah, I’m sure that he is just hiding in one of the tombs.”

“Oh, be quiet.”

“You started it.”

“Stop acting like a little baby Brianna.”

She winked. “Hey, the glass is half-full right.”

Thomas rolled his eyes. “Let’s go!”

They stepped into the middle of the academy. “I’m guessing that he – I hope it’s a he – would be hiding in the meditation room,” said Brianna.

They walked into the room, and saw Darth Rexes – or someone – sitting on a rocked that was raised slightly off the ground.

“Hello. You’ve come here looking for Darth Rexes, right?” asked the mysterious man.

“Yes, good guess,” answered Thomas. “How did you know that?”

“You don’t become a Sith lord by reading some books.”

“Aww, so you are Darth Rexes.”

“I’ve been called many names, and that is one of them, so I suppose, yes I am. And I also suppose that you are here to kill me?”

“You’re good, you know that?”

Darth Rexes ignited his blade. Its blood red color painted itself on his hood. Brianna and Thomas ignited their lightsabers; their blue blades put a feeling of calmness through the room. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this,” muttered Brianna.

Rexes jumped into battle. He was lightning fast. All of his moves seemed so easy. Thomas and Brianna had a hard time blocking his attacks, let alone attack him. They battled for what seemed like hours, until Thomas and Brianna started to notice that he was beginning to slow down. They finally got in a few attacks, until he was one the defensive. Finally, Rexes went to block one of Brianna’s attacks, and Thomas saw his opportunity. He struck at Rexes’ chest, and even though Rexes moved a little back, Thomas hit him. He was almost cut in half. Thomas and Brianna turned off their lightsabers and gave each other a hug. “I’m so glad that it’s done,” said Brianna.

“So I am,” replied Thomas. He sighed. “Let’s go back to Dantoonie.”

But Rexes wouldn’t die, without his last revenge. He used his last breath, his last ounce of energy, and stabbed Thomas in the back. Thomas let a groan escape him, then fell to the ground. “Thomas!!” screamed Brianna. “No, no, no, no!!!! You can’t die on me!!” She rolled him over on his back. “Help…..me….up,” he whispered. “I have….a little…life….left in me…”

She picked him up, and supported him. They walked back to the ship, as fast as they could. Brianna set him down on the medical bed. “I’m…going…to die…soon,” he whispered softly. “It…was my…time…Get us back to Dantoonie and leave me with some paper and a pencil…”

She gave him paper and a pencil, and set the ship for Dantoonie. When she went back to the bed, he was passed out. She waited for a few hours, but he didn’t regain consciousness. She fell asleep on the chair. When she awoke, Thomas was writing. “Don’t worry…our love…will keep…me alive…for the next…few days,” he said.

When they arrived, Thomas looked very close to his death. The Jedi council set him down on their most elaborate bed. Thomas knew when he was going to die in a few minutes. He gave Brianna an envelope and said, “Don’t open…it for…another three…days…” and died. Brianna and Visas started to weep. Atton put his head in his hands, and muttered, “Why, why, why?”

The other Jedi Masters left them to their sorrow.

Brianna’s eyes were very red and very puffy when she emerged from Thomas’ room, three days later. “He wanted me to give you guys these, I guess,” she said to Atton and Visas, handing them each a note. Visas opened hers, and it said:

I must be dead now, but that’s OK. I just want to say thank you for all that you did for me. But, that’s not why I’m writing this note. I just want you to look after Atton, he’s still pretty amateur. And, you better raise Jaq good, or else I’m going to haunt you. But, I don’t have to worry. Jaq is in good hands. I want to ask you a favor. Show Atton a sunset. I don’t think that he’s ever seen one. You should watch them too. Trust me, they’re beautiful. Here’s a poem:

Nature's first green is gold,

Her hardest hue to hold.

Her early leaf's a flower;

But only so an hour.

Then leaf subsides to leaf.

So dawn goes down to day.

Nothing gold can stay.

Take care, and many love,

Thomas

Visas smiled. It was a little before the sunset, she would watch it with Atton. Atton opened his:

Hey man. Yea, I’m dead, but that’s fine. I’m just writing this note to say that you and Visas better take care of Jaq. Also, take care of Visas. Yea, she’s a Jedi Master, but she still has something that she’s hiding. Ask her, but don’t force it out. I already told Visas this, but you should go out and watch a sunset. I know that I sound crazy, but trust me, I know what I’m talking about. While your watching the sunset, ask Visas to recite the poem, she’ll know what I’m talking about.

Atton closed his note, and just shook his head. Typical Thomas, he thought. Then smiled. Finally, Brianna opened hers slowly:

Brianna, it’s OK that I’m gone. As I’m writing this note, I’m the happiest and the saddest man in the universe. I’m so sad that we had so little time together. Yet, I’m happy because it’s my time to go. I wrote this poem:

And now that I’m gone just carry on, don’t mourn

Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice

Just know that I’m looking down on you smiling

And I didn’t feel a thing, so please don’t feel my pain

Just smile back

Don’t worry, I’ll see you again. And, please, name our son James.

Love,

Thomas

Archived