Home

Episode III game

StaffSaberist

Well, they didn't want to give kids nightmares, did they? ;)

no, I do want more than dialog, but I would like what dialog they have to be better. If you have lines, make them good, not just good enough, as my band teacher says.

Don't watch L & O? No surprise. I only know about it 'cause my parents watch it so much.

I have no complaints about the storyline. I'd just prefer the lines to be better, is all.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought we were SW fans in spite of that. We could say the JO love scene (Jan & Kyle) was cheesy, since it was. We could say the JK battle between Kyle and Jerec was cheesy. It was poorly animated, after all. And we could say that the JA battle between Jaden and Alora/Tavion was cheesy, since the cutscenes before that were kinda awkward:

I'm never a fan of something "just because". I'm a fan of something because I appreciate it's merit, or because I enjoy it. I'll overlook flaws (which are found in almost everything) if the overall experience is satisfying.

ANH had cheesy bits, but the overall impression meant that they were easy to overlook. JK was the same. (and LOTR since you brought that up).

ROTS had cheesy bits that you had to work to overlook, but in general it overcame them. They did drag the experience down a bit though. Same with JA.

TPM had so many cheesy bits that it overwhealmed whatever good there was and managed to riun your enjoyment. Same with JO (and especially the stupid "love story" bit).

I'm never a fan of something "just because". I'm a fan of something because I appreciate it's merit, or because I enjoy it. I'll overlook flaws (which are found in almost everything) if the overall experience is satisfying.

No doubt. That's how all of us are fans. I never meant to say you or anybody else wasn't a fan. Is I said, we are fans even though there is cheesyness.

ANH had cheesy bits, but the overall impression meant that they were easy to overlook. JK was the same. (and LOTR since you brought that up).

I brought up Lord of the Rings? I must have been tired last night. And yes, the original trilogy was MUCH less cheesy. I wish the computer lightsabers of Ep. III could be brought into the Trilogy; I'd never watch anything else.

ROTS had cheesy bits that you had to work to overlook, but in general it overcame them. They did drag the experience down a bit though. Same with JA.

By now I overlook it automatically, but yes, you are correct. ROTS had an excellent main plot, but the side plots ruined it. Fyi, I consider the main plot to be the war and Anakin's fall. Nothing about the Senate, Padmé, or anything else. :)

TPM had so many cheesy bits that it overwhealmed whatever good there was and managed to riun your enjoyment.

It could have been cheeseless, but the actors rehearsed too well. All the lines sounded like they were rushing through memorized book lines. :p

Same with JO (and especially the stupid "love story" bit).

Please, dear god, don't even get me STARTED on JO. It has excellent animations I want for JA, and it does have a decent plot in itself (hey, it started the Reborn craze) but they wrecked it with Jan. They could have been mere buddies since Kyle's Imperial days, which they were, and left it at that. But noooo, the only way this could have been made more cheesy was if everyone wound up related. ("Kyle, I, Desann, am... your third cousin four times removed!") Oh, geez! Come on, here!

See, I do agree, I am just good at filtering the cheesiness and seeing what is good.

"There is still good... in the... JK series... I know... there is... still...*sigh*"

Well, yes, I know that, but I liked the Anakin's fall part more than the love scenes. As lightsaberboy said:

"you look beautiful"

"it's only because i'm so in love with you."

"hah. no, it's because I'M so in LOVE with YOU!"

Eh... no thanks.

Forgive a n00b-type... thing... I'm about to say, but what do OT and PT stand for? I assume you meed Original Trilogy and Prequel Trilogy. But what do you mean by more "camp"? I liked the Original, it was cool. All I wish was to have the Ep. III sabers in Ep. IV, V, and VI. Not gonna happen, I know, but 'twould be cool. ;)

Even the Ewok invasion wasn't all that cheesy, at least they showed the Empire was not an army of pushovers. A lot of Ewoks fell in that assault, far from one-sided. Yeah, the OT was a lot better than the PT. If we could have the PT sfx in the OT, nothing could stop the OT from being the only thing I watch. But the mono sound and slow saber fx kinda hurts. Dun't flame me; I know they did the best they could for their time. :)

I'll grant that most stuff on endor was cheesy. Especially the "i love you" bit when leia is shot. But the banter and romance in ANH and ESB are much more realistic and believable (as far as sci-fi ever can be). I think the fact that the characters in the OT are much less serious and worthy helps, cos you can get away with cheesy lines when said in a fun way... when said seriously they become much more cheesy.

The saber fights in the OT beat anything in the PT imho - well choreographed broadsword fights, unlike the PT which has turned into wire-fu. Shame they arsed up the 5.1 remix of ANH on the DVD so the mono is the only option... ;)

As for the game, i'll pick it up if i see it dirt cheap, but at the moment i'm a small bit more interested in spotting lego star wars cheap to be honest.

Actually, I said the opposite...

Even the Ewok invasion wasn't all that cheesy

Yes, the I-love-you bit was cheesy, but since most cheesy lines were said in a fun way, as you said, then it doesn't come out cheesy. Yeah, they miffed up saber fighting, I just want to see the blades themselves put in the OT, that would be awesome. But, I know that cannot happen...

The reason the PT is so darn cheesy is because the actors were hired without experience. If they had acted before, we SW fans wouldn't get the shaft. :)

The reason the PT is so darn cheesy is because the actors were hired without experience. If they had acted before, we SW fans wouldn't get the shaft. :)

Isn't that the wrong way around?

I notice some people actually said camp rather than cheesy, but i can't see much in either that was camp.

I'm guessing..

The term camp—normally used as an adjective, even though earliest recorded uses employed it mainly as a verb—refers to the deliberate and sophisticated use of kitsch, mawkish or corny themes and styles in art, clothing or conversation. A part of the anti-Academic defense of popular culture in the sixties, camp came to academic prominence in the eighties with the widespread adoption of the Postmodern views on art and culture.
- Wikipedia

the game its this bad?!?!? i was thinking that the game would be like a KOTOR, but with the movments of a JA, so i think ill be desapointed if i Play Episode 3.... well i dont have the console anyway, hehehe

It's fun, but it's not going to have the expanded lightsaber action that was nearly perfected in Jedi Academy. And no, it's definitely not KOTOR.

i've read good reviews on internet magazines, but none says about the 'short' duration of the game, i love big games. when i play KOTOR i play it on a Lan house (home pc ~427mhz, heheh) so i take about one week+ playing some hours day. but i know that sw movie games are shorter, the non-related movies aways are bigger, this is even on SNES and the old games...

Yeah if you don't have it already, might I suggest you get Star Wars Battlefront II instead? SWBF2 is the perfect game for anybody who ever liked Star Wars AND likes playing video games. It doesn't matter if you played the first Battlefront or not, it's not really a sequal. SWBF2 just has alot more to offer than the first game does, and it IS available on the PC.

hummm, i aways have SW galaxies as a 'one day ill play this one' dream... but i've look in to google images now and im intusiastic with SWBF2. this is a great game! ill find a way to play it...

[off topic]: i know its not here but... SW galaxies its cool? ist a JA MMORPG?

I dunno, and I bought it! I didn't realize it was a massive multiplayer game, and don't wanna pay $30 / month. It's not worth it, IMO. And that's just the base game. *shivers*

$30!! lol, its much then WoW or lineage 2... i dindt know that cost all that. i've seen some pics today on googleimages, the game sounds fun, but for nowdays MMORPG's his graphis are a little 'old'. but its still a good gae, i thing, i hope :D.

Archived