Home

Episode III game

StaffSaberist

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some of the dialouge in ep III made me cringe.

"you look beautiful"

"it's only because i'm so in love with you."

"hah. no, it's because I'M so in LOVE with YOU!"

and the multiplayer? why did they even bother.

some of the bonus stages were ok, like the yoda one. but after twirling around for a couple minutes it got boring. grevious' stage was kinda dumb too, and same with the grevious guard.

some of the dialouge in ep III made me cringe.

"you look beautiful"

"it's only because i'm so in love with you."

"hah. no, it's because I'M so in LOVE with YOU!"

Then you better steer clear of having a girlfriend in the near future or witnessing another teen couple.

It does have some sections that were based on deleted scenes from the movie though. Kind of interesting. And you get to beat down Anakin - always good right after you see the movie (which seems to get worse every time I watch it... :( ).

That tends to happen with the prequels... ;)

:vsd:

.... It's Star Wars, what the **** do you expect? Academy Award winning drama, the likes of which we'll never see again? Perhaps you're jaded by the "aw" of the OT, but it's cheesy as hell as well, infact most parts are even cheesier than the PT.

Quoted for truth, and for the win. How can people expect high drama from a set of movies that were inspired by Flash Gordon serials? :confused:

I thought we were SW fans in spite of that. We could say the JO love scene (Jan & Kyle) was cheesy, since it was. We could say the JK battle between Kyle and Jerec was cheesy. It was poorly animated, after all. And we could say that the JA battle between Jaden and Alora/Tavion was cheesy, since the cutscenes before that were kinda awkward:

"You were no match for me on Hoth, and now, I am a Jedi Knight."

"Tavion has taught me many things as well, you sanctimonious fool!"

Besides the insult, there was the cheesy element. And going back to JO:

"Stay away from anyone with a lightsaber."

"Good advice... Jedi."

A funny joke, but not suitable for a good love scene. ;)

And JK didn't even have a true cutscene where Kyle speaks to Jerec. The only scene we get is Kyle getting blasted by the Valley of The Jedi, which is stupid if Kyle is LS in that game. How cheesy was that? It shows how lazy the game designers were not to show them facing each other in a dramatic moment before the fight!

My point to this long post is that Ep. III can't be dissed unless you consider all of Star Wars to be cheesy. You can make a case for Kotor being cheesy, ditto for Battlefront II. Star Wars is cheesy, but what can you expect? If you want drama, watch Law and Order. ;) If you want awesome saber action... you can't get it anywhere else bar the PC or Xbox. And I know you like saber action: that's why you are registered. And moderators.

Not to diss any of you but I thought I'd mention that it doesn't matter if Ep. III is cheesy. It all is. Real life is! If all our lives were an action movie, cradle to death, how would anybody make it stop? If they were tired and needed a break, if they needed vacation, where could they find it? We'd be dooming ourselves... to death. Besides, cheesiness (cheesyness?) is funny; it gives us something to laugh at, and gives our lives dimensions we wouldn't normally have.

Quoted for truth, and for the win. How can people expect high drama from a set of movies that were inspired by Flash Gordon serials? :confused:
I'm not expecting "high drama," just some reasonable things like oh, the battle droids all having the same voice. It's not like any corporation would ever pay more money so they can all have cute, individual voices. Seriously, what was the point of that?

Yes, I will expect a little better from a movie than I will a serial. I will not expect something to be the same quality simply because it was inspired by it. Many books/cartoons have been inspired by Tolkien... are many - any - of them the same quality? Since that will be attacked by saying, "The source was better, no wonder they not as good," think of any game whose sequel was better than the original. Oh, of course not, that can't happen. Just not possible. We shouldn't expect more out of anyone than done previously.

I thought we were SW fans in spite of that. We could say the JO love scene (Jan & Kyle) was cheesy, since it was. We could say the JK battle between Kyle and Jerec was cheesy. It was poorly animated, after all. And we could say that the JA battle between Jaden and Alora/Tavion was cheesy, since the cutscenes before that were kinda awkward:

"You were no match for me on Hoth, and now, I am a Jedi Knight."

"Tavion has taught me many things as well, you sanctimonious fool!"

Besides the insult, there was the cheesy element. And going back to JO:

"Stay away from anyone with a lightsaber."

"Good advice... Jedi."

A funny joke, but not suitable for a good love scene. ;)

And JK didn't even have a true cutscene where Kyle speaks to Jerec. The only scene we get is Kyle getting blasted by the Valley of The Jedi, which is stupid if Kyle is LS in that game. How cheesy was that? It shows how lazy the game designers were not to show them facing each other in a dramatic moment before the fight!

We've put up with poor game dialogue etc for, well, since games started being made. Occaisionally there's a really good one, but those are the exception. :(

The questions is, do you expect more story/better dialogue/etc out of a movie, in which that's the only thing to engage your attention, than you do games?

My point to this long post is that Ep. III can't be dissed unless you consider all of Star Wars to be cheesy. You can make a case for Kotor being cheesy, ditto for Battlefront II. Star Wars is cheesy, but what can you expect? If you want drama, watch Law and Order. ;)

I do not watch Law and Order. Ugh. :D

For Battlefront, do you actually care what the story is? No. It's not a major part of the game, and doesn't need to be. That's just the kind of game it is.

For me, KotOR was more enjoyable - story wise at least - than any of the prequel movies. I did notice they did not use funny voices on their droids in a (in my case failed) quest to grab some laughs.

If you want awesome saber action... you can't get it anywhere else bar the PC or Xbox. And I know you like saber action: that's why you are registered. And moderators.
Yes, I do like the games and the movies, the saber fights especially. :)

Not to diss any of you but I thought I'd mention that it doesn't matter if Ep. III is cheesy. It all is. Real life is! If all our lives were an action movie, cradle to death, how would anybody make it stop? If they were tired and needed a break, if they needed vacation, where could they find it? We'd be dooming ourselves... to death. Besides, cheesiness (cheesyness?) is funny; it gives us something to laugh at, and gives our lives dimensions we wouldn't normally have.
Of course, I'll still watch it. I'm just saying I don't enjoy it as much. It was supposed to be the darkest movie in the series... IMO, it didn't suceed as well as it could have.

Archived