Home

BIG FAT PC Bugs

PoiuyWired

OK, I found a few really annoying PC bugs, and would love if anyone can help me with it.

1) WTF is wrong with the simple "QUIT" function??? 80% of the time it does not work simply. It basically just restarts the level most of the time. I am sick of this.

2) The CD detection thing has some MAJOR bug this time. And Basically I need to load like 10 times to get the game going once. (And yes, I would like to see no-cd crack soon... not like anyone can really enjoy the game w/o a cd-key for online play anyways)

3) I know they don't have time to put the nice 1st person mode in the game, but still this is annoying. I want my first person tanks back.

4) How the hack do you get the medal for the rocket launcher??? I killed bunch tanks and still don't get it.

OK, I found a few really annoying PC bugs, and would love if anyone can help me with it.

1) WTF is wrong with the simple "QUIT" function??? 80% of the time it does not work simply. It basically just restarts the level most of the time. I am sick of this.

2) The CD detection thing has some MAJOR bug this time. And Basically I need to load like 10 times to get the game going once. (And yes, I would like to see no-cd crack soon... not like anyone can really enjoy the game w/o a cd-key for online play anyways)

3) I know they don't have time to put the nice 1st person mode in the game, but still this is annoying. I want my first person tanks back.

4) How the hack do you get the medal for the rocket launcher??? I killed bunch tanks and still don't get it.

1) Same as 2)

2) Weird, I don't got that problem and nobody I know who as SWBFII has that problem. Are you sure your copy is legal? ;)

3) Yeah, it really sucks they removed the 1st person whe know from SWBFI, its still in the game, but the hud is removed :(

4) Try again, and again, and again, until you get that medal. :)

1) and 2) are really weird; never happened to me. I did experience some strange bugs (though not similar to these) with Battlefront 1; so he's not necessarily running an illegal version.

3) It's a pity, but we'll have to live with it.

4) The game really says critical hits, but some medals might be bugged. With the sniper, I am positively sure that I have done way more headshots in one life than the requirement but I haven't got anything. This is pure speculation, however.

I've went browsing to see if a fix is available for the campaign mode.

The following is a spoiler, so I decided to color it. Highlight the following paragraphs in order to see them:

I've made it all the way up to the Kamino episode where Boba Fett leads the empire's forces on an attack on a new clone army.

Twice the game has locked up on me when I (as Boba Fett) attempt to take down the escaping Kaminoians in their two escape ships.

Anybody else had this problem? Or heard of it?

I just want the Switch Sides bug fixed! I click on the Imp symbol at the top and it changes to a rebel symbol, but I can still only spawn at Imp command posts and as Imp units

I don't have that problem. Though I noticed sometimes(not always) you can capture CP on a vehicle(mainly bikes)... bug? or feature?

Yes there is an award weapons bug. I have gotten ever award from 4 times to over 320 times (320 Endurances). You know you get an award, when it shows up in the text chat area. As far as I know, it always shows up there. The bug is with the weapons, you don't always get them. Most of the times, I only get the award weapon when I switch to my seconday weapon, fire a shot, and switch back to my main weapon (or if its the Award pistol, the other way around). Sometimes I never get the upgraded weapon. I have had the most problems with the remote rocket lanucher. I have earned that award 4 times in SWBF2 and once in the beta. I've never gotten the upgraded lanucher in the full game, but I did get it in the beta (then I blew myself up because I didn't know I had it). The NEEDS to be FIXED in the FIRST PATCH. It should have been working in the release version.

On another note, the Award Pistol compined with the damage increase is the most powerful antipersonnel (means it sucks aganist vehicles) weapon in the game. It is effectively a very high rate-of-fire sniper rifle. Compine this with the rocket trooper and you have one super powerful unit (antivehicle and anitpersonnel).

I have a bug where after I get many kills with sniper rifle, it switches from double zoom to single zoom, then it starts misfiring and sometimes it will fire and I can see it hit but it ill do no damge.

That's the worst one for me, but also the bots freeze in mid stride sometimes, pilots continue getting ammo even though their already fully loaded, I've seen enemy vehicles intermesh, running off the edge in Utupau without falling, shots blocked by objects that are well out of the way, and other visual flaws but I won't post them here since I don't believe them to be bugs.

I have a bug where after I get many kills with sniper rifle, it switches from double zoom to single zoom, then it starts misfiring ...

Congrats, you gotten the the upgraded sniper rifle (when you get 9? head shots in one life). I've never liked this 'upgraded' weapon. I think it has a short range, which is bad for a sniper rifle. It does misfire often.

I would like these new award weapons if they always worked. They don't. Its a good idea, but half working, it sucks.

As with the beta and SWBF1, the copy protection doesn't like you if you have Gravis Xperience Software installed. Disable your gravis software when entering your cd key (go into task manager in Windows and close the grpx program).

Little seems to have changed from the beta, I wonder if they fixed anything at all? Hopefully they're working on the patch now.

PS: Got the game tonight I haven't much time to run through everything yet! Maybe next weekend I'll be able to do more.

PPS: Man their packaging is crappy (at least for the 4 disc CD-ROM edition)! What's the point of having a jumbo keepcase if the discs are merely "stacked" in there? Had they used a double sided "flipper" they could have done it and with half the width (which they then could have used for the manual).

I've went browsing to see if a fix is available for the campaign mode.

The following is a spoiler, so I decided to color it. Highlight the following paragraphs in order to see them:

I've made it all the way up to the Kamino episode where Boba Fett leads the empire's forces on an attack on a new clone army.

Twice the game has locked up on me when I (as Boba Fett) attempt to take down the escaping Kaminoians in their two escape ships.

Anybody else had this problem? Or heard of it?

Sorry man, your idea of using same colored text failed. Instead just use the standard

tags. I edited your post for you to demonstrate. Enjoy! ;)

the bugs have never happened to me, and to get the demolition medal, simply play hoth over and over again as the rebs, run up to a atat and hit it with the rocketluncher to the neck repeatly, and when ever you get 4 crititical hits (whither the vehicle is dead or not) simply kill yourslef, play something else, or wait for 15 secs, now switch back to the rocket guy, and repeat this until you get to legandary mode (which means it's always there, medal or not), which will give you a nice big fat remote rocket luncher, like the one on the lambdash shuttle....

Looks like the endless respawn timer bug still exists. Try changing teams while it's counting down to make it happen. Only way to fix it is to respawn in spectator and then try to switch back.. I think.

Switch back? How do you do that? I always have to exit the server and rejoin.

For CountDooku: Yea I get that a lot. I'm not sure if that a bug, or if there are certain times when you lose everything in there.

Archived