Home

Mandalorian's End? NOT!!

PoiuyWired

How to make of the vision of Darth Traya's "Mandalorian's End" ??

I think it is kinda interesting actually, in more than one way. I know similar topic comes out time and again, but here me, I found an interesting parallel to stuff.

First off, Mandalorian is a culture, not a species... so yes Mandalorian can be anything from human to cathar to gizka.

Known history about Mandalorians (guys please help out a bit):

1) Mandalorians had a nice empire, and started war with the Republic, and almost took the universe if not for Revan.

2) Mandalore got vitality challanged due to Revan, Mandalorian clans scatters. Helm of Mandalore Lost.

3) Canderous becomes New Mandalore and tries to unite the Scattered Clans.

***what happens here???***

4) Jango Fett is a Mandalorian. Also the gene seed of CloneTroopers, and many StormTroopers(501st is all JF clones)

5) Boba Fett is Mandalorian, and probably got the Mandalorian culture thingy from his dad.

6) BF becomes kick-jarjar Bounty Hunter, peacify jedis and do many famous Bounty Huntery things.

***Feel free to add details***

7) BF took a holiday in the Pit of Carkoon, comes back, got his stuff together, and tries to get his revenge on a Gunslinging Smuggler. (EU stuff)

***Feel free to add details***

8) BF shows up after long absense, with a bunch of Trained Mandalorians.(EU The Unifying Force, yes this is published before kotor2)

Now, who/what is Darth Trays talking about when it comes to Mandalorians being gone? I mean, they are still around after 100s of years!!!

Oh, another thing, Canderous actually SUCCEED in preserving Mandalorian culture. Well I am not sure about the JF/BF helmet and Mandalore Helmet parallel that someone suggest, but at least BF seem to be doing what Canderous did back in the days.

"Mandalore's" armour is another goof, its suppossed to be "traditional" mandalorian armour, I think from the Exar Kun war, if thats the case its totally wrong, it also shoes a huge lack of imagination.

As far as the Mandalorians, well the Mandalorians are a race, they may look human but I believe they're a varient. What Kreia meant I think is that with Jango Fett (or maybe Boba) there is a definitive break with the last "true" Mandalorian, everyone after that is just a wannabe.

Yes, Battledog. I am thinking of that, and of the fact even the Cathar Jedi considers her a Mandalorian in a way.

True Mandalorian blood, is in a way like True Sith blood. It is mixed and diluted all over galaxy.

I, for a reason, thinks that what a Mandalore(Canderous/Boba/whoever) would consider the "culture" of Mandalorian more important than bloodline. From the fact that Canderous accepts obvious non Mandalorian-species into his clan, it seems that the clan is about Ideals and Martial Prowess and not pure blood.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, technically the first species to use the name Mandalorians are a species called Taung, and they are from ... Coruscant.

The Taung may have gone under, but most Mandalorians are not Taung, including most fighting in the Mandalorian Wars. Technically real Basilisks are Mandalorians too, if they would actually keep their own sentience.

@GreenGoblin: Yes, I am sure that Xor is a Mandalorian. He says that he was going to buy Juhani "until those Jedi showed up and forced us of Taris" or something to that effect.

Yeah, but I think she was talking about slavers, not the Mandalorians in this example.

From Xor's dialog file:

He never said he was Mandalorian.

Consider this "When I was fighting with the Mandalorians ..."

IF he is a Mandalorians would he say he is fighting "WITH" the Mandalorians??

He would have just said, " When I was fighting against the Cathar..." Also, note that he is not proud of the Cathar Battles at all(even as they put up a decent fight), despite him "liking" them. It is actually obvious that he is an outsider.

Mira was a mandalorian even tho she wasnt born one, she comes out and sais it in the game, her real parents were killed by the mandilorians, but they took her in and traind her as one.. so you could say that anyone they conqured became mandalorian...

so they are a socity not a race .. imo..

They are a society and a race.

Just because you fight with a group of people doesn't make you one of them. Say you decide to lead an army of pandas. That does not make you, yourself, a panda. Case in point: Xor is not an actually madalorian. He may have fought on their side, but he isn't on himself, strictly speaking,

They are a society and a race.

Just because you fight with a group of people doesn't make you one of them. Say you decide to lead an army of pandas. That does not make you, yourself, a panda. Point in case: Xor is not an actually madalorian. He may have fought on their side, but he isn't on himself, strictly speaking,

dude leave the pandas alone. Why would u wanna decide to lead a army of pandas in war. Man what kind of sick........

Archived