Home

Mercenary crew

starmark2k

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emma nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, I bet it did." She grinned. "I stole a ship once. Damn big thing too... big enough it should've been crewed by thirty, not one." With a little chuckle, she continued. "I almost had it, too. But like I say, it should've been crewed by thirty." She shrugged. "Crashed it. Barely got out alive."

After buying the medical supplies, Niomi headed into the cantina. The place was jam packed. She scanned the room. There were aliens of all sorts, some she'd never seen before. After several minutes she spotted Jacen. She made her way through the crowd and came up behind him. She put her head over his sholder and said "So captain. Found us a job?"

"At first, evidence pointed to Hawk," Emma answered. "You know, the assassin. But I found out that some guy named Ganrich Kast framed her. Apparently, he'd lost a series of bets against my uncle and when Hawk started showing up, he figured it was his chance to get even."

"Well, the ship landed on Tatooine. Back then it was a nice ship, at least by Tatooine standards. So partly on a dare, partly for money, I was supposed to sneak in and grab a....a crash stabilizer from the engine. Huge heavy thing. So I sneak in, past the crew, grab the part and I'm walking out when I hear. "

He did a perfect imitation of Scuzzy's voice "'Freeze and hands in the air, kid.' So, I'm thinking I got caught by an officer or something, I freeze. And he says" Again the imitation. "'Didn't you hear what I said, boy?' and I answered. 'Yes sir, but if I drop this thing you've got me on destruction of property too.' So I found out they were looking for another gunner, and they were slightly impressed that I'd managed to get to the engine and out before they noticed me, so I got in."

He paused. "I used to shoot womp rats with a turret on a ship in my uncle's farm, so I was already pretty good."

"Uh..." Emma murmured. Think fast, think fast... "Well the first time was when I was looking into my uncle's death. I confronted her when the evidence pointed to her. She pointed me in the right direction." She shrugged. "You could call me stupid but lucky for trying something like that."

Archived