Home

The Wizard War - A backstory for HP

Shana

Hope no one kills me for this since there seem to be no Harry Potter roleplaying stories here...

Rules are normal.

This story follows the events of the book, dealing with some of the gaps in the movies and books.

Starts in the Triwizard Tournament. But first the character sheet.

========

Character

========

Name:

School: (Hogwarts, Beauxbatons or Durmstrang)

House: (if in Hogwarts)

Year: (Year that your character is currently studying)

Appearence:

Equipment:

Biography:

Here's mine:

========

Character

========

Name: Lauren Delumière

School: Beauxbatons

House: ----------

Year: 6

Appearence: white skin, silvery-blonde long hair, deep blue eyes.

Equipment: White wand, traditional Beauxbatons' clothes. Has a small snowy owl called "Étoile".

Biography: Lauren is part veela, she's Fleur Delacour's cousin. She is very beautiful and it is said that if she hadn't been one year younger than Fleur it might have been her the Beauxbatons champion.

Here's the story.

The Triwizard Tournament has begun. Viktor Krum is the Durmstrang champion. Fleur Delacour is Beauxbatons champion and Cedric Diggory is the Hogwarst champion. Everything is ready.

But, what is that? The goblet has selected one more champion? Impossible... it's Harry Potter.

The ministry has decided that Potter will participate. These events are strange, Dumbledore has summoned some of his best student to perform an investigation and so have the other schools.

- "Lauren you will help Dumbly-dort's students wiz zee investigation" - Madame Maxime said.

- "Yes Madame Maxime, I will zee z'em at once" - Lauren said.

Lauren left the room to wait for the others selected by Dumbledore and Karkaroff.

Name: Virgil Wolfe

School: Hogwarts

House: Gryffindor

Appearence: Long, messy Black hair, dark blue eyes, light skin, particularly good looking ( :D )

Equipment: Traditional black and red Gryffindor robes, Black wand. Carries some standard Muggle equipment for practical uses.

Biography: Virgil grew up with his father a wizard, his mother a muggle. They always encouraged him at learning the Magical Arts, and was quite fluent in the knowledge of several spells even before he got to Hogwarts in his first year, providing he didn't cast them of course. He was also raised to be gentlemanly and kind, but he is rather solitary while at Hogwarts, so anyone rarely ever sees this part of him. He has never turned down another student's request for his assistance. He missed the ageline for the Triwizard tournament, but was probably more than capable as a Triwizard Champion had he been a year older. He's rather good friends with students in every house at Hogwarts, although not quite popular like Cedric Diggory. He's exceedingly well at dueling, due to his prior knowledge of spells, gets very focused on his task at hand, but has a tendency to get distracted by the opposite gender.

--------------------------------------

Virgil was walking to the Gryffindor Common Room when he was stopped by Professor McGonnigal. "Mr. Wolfe, Professor Dumbledore needs to see you," she stated thinly.

Virgil blinked. He had never done anything to have to be audience to Dumbeldore in all of his six years at Hogwarts. "What could be different now?" he wondered. He was led to where Dumbledore and the rest of the headmasters were waiting for the ones they had called.

"Some peculiar events have taken place here, as I'm sure you know due to Mr. Potter being chosen into the Triwizard Tournament. I would like to ask you to partake in an investigation to find out exactly what is going on," he informed.

Virgil blinked, he had never received an assignment from Dumbledore before, "Why not those who are closer to Mr. Potter, such as Ron Weasly or Hermoine Granger?" he asked.

Dumbledore replied, already having an answer, "Because it is likely they will be busy providing Harry with the encouragement he needs to succeed his tasks. You too are acquaintences with Harry, I'm sure he would not find it odd for you to have a few questions regarding the matter to help your investigation."

Virgil nodded, understanding completely. "I will help the other two students that will, or have been, chosen to the best of my ability. We will get to the bottom of this, Professor."

Dumbledore nodded and dismissed Virgil to wait with Lauren. "I have confidence that you will, Mr. Wolfe. I look forward to the result of the investigation."

Virgil nodded as he left, leaving the room and finding Lauren where she was waiting for the student chosen by Karkaroff to arrive as well. He offered his hand to her, "Hello, my name's Virgil Wolfe, yours? I believe we'll be working together on this investigation, I figured we might as well be introduced," he said kindly.

Virgil shook his head, "Harry Potter is indeed participating. The Goblet of Fire has a strict magical contract, so he has to. It's no trick or anything, in fact, Dumbledore wants us to find out who put his name in, and for what intents, I believe. I'm sure he's allowing Harry to participate so it will draw out the perpetrators who are causing all this.

hmm... get me started with what I should put on the character sheet... I've put the ones I'm not sure of in bold

Name: Amanda Grace

School: Hogwarts

House: Ravenclaw

Year: 7

Appearence: curly, dark red hair reaching just past her shoulder blades, green eyes, 5' 5" tall, 120 pounds, slim

Equipment: Dark blue wand, traditional clothing of Ravenclaw

Biography: Little to nothing is known about Amanda. She keeps to herself almost all the time, which is why it comes as something of a surprise that she was chosen to join this investigation.

(EDIT: Changed Amanda's last name and other info... joining now...)

((Ok about the chool, since your name is an english name and not french or Bulgarian. You should say you're in Hogwarts.

House: in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry there are four houses, which serve as frat houses. They are Griffyndor, Hufflepuff, Revenclaw and Slytherin. The students are sorted into their houses according to their personality. Gryffindor is for the brave, Hufflepuff for the fun, Ravenclaw for the strongminded and bookworms so to speak, and Slytherin is for all those who think that it doesn't matter who they step on or who they have to get out of their way to get things done. Your character if shy maybe you could say she's in Ravenclaw, if she just keeps to herself but she is brave, then she could be in Gryffindor, If she is a fun person the Hufflepuff, if she has a misterious and almost wicked thing about her then she would be in Slytherin.

Year: is something like grade that your character is in, Hogwarts like Beauxbatons and Durmstrang consist of 7 grades of study, since your character is 17 then she would be in the seventh grade or seventh year of magical education.

Equipment: All students must have as their weapon, a wand, it can be any color. And their robes must be according to the school, there are the Traditional Hogwarts uniform or the Traditional uniforms of the other schools, and aside from that you can say she wars glasses or any other thing you may think of)))

((Any more questions that you have I'll be happy to answer and thanks for joining WJ we were getting lonely, Flamehart and me :) ))

Amanda nodded thoughtfully and turned to look at Virgil. She recognized him, knew his name even, but being as quiet as she was, she had never spoken to him... and unless he initiated any sort of conversation here, it didn't seem that would change. She turned away, looking around the room.

Name: Alexandrov Altasek

School: Durmstrang

Appearence: Tall, long black hair, short goatee, broad shoulders.

Equipment: Traditional Drumstrang clothing

Biography: Turning 17 a week after all the names were chosen, he had a good chance of having been the Drumstrang champion if he had been able to put his name in the Goblet.

----------

Alexandrov arrived silently, despite his size.

"Are we all here then?"

Archived