Home

Light or Dark?

Ferus

:lol: Malak had some really comical parts in KotOR. I always got a kick out of when he'd do that laugh, and clutch his stomach. He does it when he force pushes Carth, which is understandable, but at the end when he goes off on a tirade about how Revan will be "crushed by the true power of the Star Forge!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!" *side clutch* Naturally, during this sequence he's talking to himself. Ugh. And people complain about not being able to understand Nihilus. :rolleyes:

:lol:

He's a classic supervillain. Laughing at his own jokes. Talking to himself. Monologuing during a fight. Straight up right out of a comic book he is. I love him! If he had a face, he'd have a moustache he would twirl while torturing Bastila.

I know! No wonder he had his jaw cut off. ;)

In fact, that's one of the things I adored about TSL. The villains were so detached from the norm. Sion was the most generic out of all of them, and even that's a stretch. I mean, even the approach to the villains was different. Just look at

Traya. We know all about her. I mean, she teaches the exile everything! Not to mention she was a female Sith Lord. It was a refreshing change.

He does it when he force pushes Carth, which is understandable

Heh, Carth made a real ass out of himself on that one. I mean he fights with Jedi all the time, and the first thing he does when he sees a Sith Lord is he tries to SHOOT him...

Almost as bad as that brave Admiral that tried to take on Revan during Bastila's attack on the bridge. What are these people thinking? :lol:

They don't. HK was in my party. You know how she puts them in stasis before the fight? Well, HK was in my party at the time. :lol: There isn't an animation, so it kinda shows a Stasis field, and HK moves his head back and forth, unfrozen. :lol:

:lol::laughing: Right right. How silly of me.

HK sucked as a bodyguard. He should have rushed in their after Revan since he wasn't frozen. Guns blazing and all. :fire2: R2D2 would do it for Luke. That was so funny though. I guess Bioware never thought anyone would use HK. Those clowns. :jester1:

Well, it really depends on how you want the game to go. If you want to go throught it fast and you don't care what people have to say; pick the Dark side. If you want to take your time and learn about everyone; pick the Light side. Or you can just say whatever you want to say and do whatever you want to do and end up where ever. So it depends on what you want.

There are benefits and disappointments in both sides.

Lightside alignment requires more conversational interaction and moral stances. This path also limits your credit potential, thus limiting possession of certain items earlier in the game, thus changing how you proceed.

Dark alignment requires ferocity and emphasizes needless slaughter to gain wealth and power. However, this path is quick to the end and many opportunities for XP are eliminated.

I've enjoyed both alignments, for different reasons.

I was wondering is it better to play light or dark? :duel:

I do enjoy playing the Lightside... I had only one very rewarding experience, but not the only fun experience, which I was a Sith Lord: Consular. If you choose a high Wisdom and (Somthing else, which I can't think of at the moment.), you can unlock a lot of Episode IV,V, & VI dialogue, which matches the relationship between the Emporer (Kreia) and Vader (Exile). However, you have to choose your dialogue very carefully. If you go to the darkside with logical selections, and not just killl everything in site, you unlock a whole new game. Kreia actually praises your downfall, and Visas becomes a sort of 'Dark Apprentice'. You can pick on Atton, and Visas and Kreia watch over him like a hawk.

At the end, it is all about self preference.

They both had their plusses and minuses, but I liked being dark side slightly more for one good reason: it finally gets rid of Carth. I would dearly loved to have been able to kill him--of all the party members in either KOTOR game, he was by far the most annoying/useless, IMHO. Honestly, his whining about trust issues got so aggravating that I just left him on the ship except for when I HAD to have him as a party member. I didn't even know he had his own sidequest until after I had beaten the game LS/DS several times, and went online for a walkthrough guide just for the sake of completeness.

Archived