Home

Contrary To The Website Post......From The Community

MikeGunther1969

Quoted from the website "And there are simply too many modern and visually more attractive games out there."

I say bah-humbug.....not true. The first 2 releases were fantastic (the first level for JO, then the 3 level demo for JA), and the MODDING/Gaming community is still salavating at the chance to play out the rest of the DF MOD, however it turns out. No matter How Many "prettier games" are out there, we still want our Dark Forces!!!! Hooyah!!!

This is just another encouraging pat on the back to keep encouraging the DF MOD Team along...so everyone else out there just put up a qucikie post to tell the DF MOD team that we STILL want Dark Forces for Jedi Academy!!!!

Mike

Just wanted to add my .02...

Incredible piece of work so far guys, amazing mod, superbly polished and obviously a labor of love. I can't believe how true you've been to the original material while updating it. Updated cutscenes also... Amazing.

I loaded the original game a while back and was able to get it to run under XP, but it's so graphically dated that it was a painful experience.

I've played halfway into your JA-DF Mod demo, the Tak base is amazing, the atmosphere is great with the rain and all. Enjoying it and hoping you'll be able to eventually complete this masterpiece, and save a piece of Jedi Knight/Kyle Katarn history in the process.

I'm thinking I'm going re-install DF2:JK & MotS, then play the entire canon (DF Mod, DF2:JK & MotS, JK2, JA) from beginning to end. *grin*

Cheers

Hi, i have never posted on here, this is a new user name i have set up. I have to say im impressed with your work and i have been watching your progress for over a year now. I hope this post helps you realise that your quest of redoing dark forces is appreciated by gamers such as myself and the levels you have done so far are brilliant.

Thanks for what you have done.

P.s. This is a just a quick question, does this forum not work with AOL email addresses? As i tried making a username but it never gave me the email so i could activate the account. If anyone else is having this problem maybe they should set up a email with someone like yahoo so that they can post here and say if they are impressed with whats been done like i have.

Good luck guys, and may the force be with you...

Hey

A long time ago, almost in a galaxy far, far away, I bought my first PC (a P75), and the original DF.

I still play from time to time using (eg) virtual PC, and OK modern games dribble eye-candy all over the place, but this was surely the best SW game in terms of gameplay, and in terms of SW cheese (eg Kyles remarks, and graffiti eg "Ewoks Suck").

Keep doing what you're doing guys - I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Guys, I must admitt that I'm amazed by the work you've done! Bah, not that I'm not impressed by the others! I'm beginning to know a lot of good modder for JA. Sith-J-Cull(alias from James) for example is excellent in that way. But what is interesting in your project is that its a long one. It's very cool to you to bring us a whole game as you're doing. It must be a big job to you. I've a friend who's learning to program some little program who for example gives the time. Woa! It means so nothing to me. :D Thats why I like your work ;)

Keep on working guys! We're just aside you :)

I'm with MikeGunther1969 (I think he and I share the same brain). DFMOD is totally awesome. You guys inspired me to want to start up the SOTE MOD.

Recently we teamed up with DF2MOD to try to help each other out. While we are staying intellectually seperate from one another, we are sharing resources and team members. If you guys need help, feel free to jump into our forums and ask away.

http://www.jedispy.com/forum

Archived