Home

The Sith Eyes

Char Ell

Anybody want to comment on why Vader has the glowing Sith eyes at certain times at Mustafar and not other times?

IIRC, Vader's eyes look like Darth Maul's did in TPM when Vader is killing the Separatists on Mustafar and after Obi-Wan hacked his legs and left arm off. But his eyes didn't have the Sith glow during the Mustafar duel with Obi-Wan. Is it because he hasn't been completely consumed by the dark side yet?

IMO this is too noticeable a detail to have been overlooked by GL. There must have been specific reasons why Vader's eyes glowed at certain times and not at others in RotS. Maybe the RotS novelization (that I haven't read yet) has more details.

Anyone? Bueller?

No canonical explanation is ever given, that I know of.

So we don't really know why Dooku never shows "Sith Eyes" but Darth Maul always has them, and Palpatine often has them, and Anakin has them twice.

I thought maybe it was due to using the Dark Side of the Force or being angry but that doesn't apply to all cases, it's an imperfect theory, much like the theories on the meaning of lightsaber colors. Sorry!

I think it is because he has just done an evil thing at which his anger consumed him. At the parts it has not he has calmed down in a way. Like he didnt have them when he was all lovy kissy with Padme he didnt have them because there was no hate or ander there. I am not sur as to why it is not triggered when he is dueling with Obi-Wan. It must be because he hasn't had enough anger in him. It is triggered at the end when Obi-Wan cuts his limbs off because of his hate just bursting out at what Obi-Wan has done to him. This is my take on this.

• 1 month later...

As Kurgan says Dooku doesn´t have "the Sith eyes" and if we admit that Dooku is the most elegant sith, he doesn´t fall in anger (at least he doesn´t show it). But all the other sith are very rude, they aren´t elegant, tehy use the dark side. Dooku looks like it goes trought it, he doesn´t let the dark side guide all his actions.

Maul is all anger and rude manners, the isn´t able of dominating the dark side like Dooku. And Vader it´s great, but it´s too much dark side. And, yes, I like Dooku a lot.

Archived