Home

March of the Penguins DVD + Best. Trailer. Ever.

Lady Jedi

I rented the March of the Penguins DVD when it came out a while ago. I didn't really know anything about it other than it was supposed to be good, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was very good; really a beautiful movie. The scenery is sweeping, the narrative is great (Morgan Freeman on the U.S. version), and penguins are just undeniably adorable. :D I didn't expect to like a documentary about penguins to be so good, but it's really amazing the way they live and journey so far literally nonstop to have their babies. Great movie. :)

Now, for the best trailer ever: On the MotP DVD they have this trailer that is ridiculously cute for the movie Happy Feet. I'd post it here, but I can't find the exact one online, (which is so disappointing. :( ) just the official teaser which isn't as funny. :p Anyway, suffice it to say it is a young penguin all chubby and fluffy that tap dances. I know that doesn't sound that great, but if anyone here has seen it, you know what I mean. Even if you can't stand March of the Penguins, this trailer will make it worth your while if you rent it. :D

Official teaser. Not the one I was talking about but oh well. :xp: Btw, all of you fans of Disney's Alladin, Robin Williams does a voice of a penguin in Happy Feet. I am so seeing that when it comes out! :D

I watched it when it came out, and was suitably impressed; it was interesting. The only gripe I had about it was that it seemed to overemphasize everything that could go wrong; it was very pessimistic in that regard. Everything dying all over the place. :p

I haven't gotten the DVD yet though, I'll have to check it out sometime...

Archived