Home

Demo between - 1/13/2006 and 1/20/2006

Master_Cain

Petroglyph FF Quote :

According to Dave S. the EAW Demo will be made available by the LEC PR Dep sometime between 1/13/2006 and 1/20/2006.

We did hoped that the LEC PR guys will prepare them self in advance for the Demo release ... but its seems that they still have to polish the event.

Do not confuse like other fans the EAW developers or the LEC developers (they did their job well) with the LEC PR guys. They are a different departament and the Demo was ready as predicted - its just a matter of PR now.

[LEC] Rogue

Total Posts: 172

I don't recall LucasArts stating the demo will indeed be released in December. The General FAQ doesn't list a date either.

The information I always got was "we're working on one" and "it's coming soon". However today they told me that they are expecting to release it in mid to late January. I'd wager they'll give me a date between 1-13 and 1-20 when they tell me what it is. But that's just my rough guess.

Happy New Year!

[LEC] Rogue

So anyway we have to wait now .... relax guys ! RELAX ;)

If they tell me that they are doing some extra testing in this time or fixing some WNFed (will not fix) bugs - then ... I will be more that happy to wait.

But if it is only a question that they are not up in the final gear and we just have to wait for them to put all the PR things in place :evil: ... then I'm quite upset and sad - they should have been ready in advance for this event - but ill wait anyway like the rest of us.

I think we all agree its a shame they couldnt get it out before break. But if delaying it makes it all that better than I say Delay it!

Okay everyone let's not turn this into an "Oh! I cant wait!" thread. Everyone here wants the demo, we know that. Post something with substance please. Thank you! Any type of this posts will be deleted, this is a warning for everyone.

Oh! I can't wait! ;)

Couldnt resist could ya? ;) Yes people these are the kinda posts im talking about. And yes I know you were kiddding when you posted this. :D at least im hoping you were... lol

Edit:Yah I was :p

good find Master_Cain, definately some good news.

I can get out of my chair finially.. my mouse is getting sore from hitting the refresh button. whew.

anyway, why do you think LEC didnt coodinate their work. lol i mean shouldnt the pr people be in on the status of the game. ie be working on ads etc and marketing stuff from the begining. it doesnt make sense. its been a whole year. and they lack common sense to coodinate departments. why doesnt that surprise me. hmph.

I'm sick with their promises, first they say that the game is going to be released in early January, then they push it back to the 16th. After they said the demo will be somewhere in early january, and now it is mid or late january. I have one favor to ask them, don't promise anything, unless you can make it true.

oops, I meant first they said the gane was going to be released in early february, somethink like 7th.

Message from Popcorn2008 - Avoid double posting. If you have to correct something in your last post use the edit button in the lower right hand corner of your last post. Thanks!

yeah well.. we could have told ourselves that we werent gonna see the demo any time this week, before they even release it they gotta give us a release date, and since that hasent even come yet, anything between 1 to 3 weeks i guess..

- xsoy

kinda bad news :( specially since here demo date was : early januari ...

but then again better to know this now then to check each day for demo

i do hope we can also get a good description of what the demo holds for us as in playable units, space and ground combat? mp, galaxcypart also ?

In [LEC] Rogue Quote from Master_Chain states this

I'd wager they'll give me a date between 1-13 and 1-20 when they tell me what it is. But that's just my rough guess.

And from the sounds of things people seem to be getting the wrong end of the stick again (and not just on this forum)

Rogue states that he MIGHT be getting Infomation bettween thouse dates about when the demo MIGHT be released, not the fact that it is going to be release between them. So please read before you are dissaponted yet again.

I'm not stateing that hes wrong or right.

It just that from they way ppl are talking that they are exspecting the demo to be release in between 1-13 and 1-20. Where to my mind he is just stating that hes might be getting info about it, nothing more.

I'm not stateing that hes wrong or right.

It just that from they way ppl are talking that they are exspecting the demo to be release in between 1-13 and 1-20. Where to my mind he is just stating that hes might be getting info about it, nothing more.

Since BT left - LEC Rogue has remained the EAW main producer - and he got the info from the LEC PR Departament most certantly.

So if he sais 1/20 as a possible time limit I will only give a max of 1-2 days abouve that in worst casses. Who else should know best if not the EAW main producer.

Anyway he is the first official to give dates.

Please do not bash Cain just because he is the messanger. [LEC]Rouge is the EaW producer and in the rare event he releases information it is 99% correct. All posts that are either Bashing, Spamming, or mere Demo complaining will be deleted. Now you can still be mad and post complaints as long as they are of substance. You have to at least have two or more sentences as to why you are mad. Now please everyone stay on topic and stop bashing!

Please do not bash Cain just because he is the messanger. [LEC]Rouge is the EaW producer and in the rare event he releases information it is 99% correct. All posts that are either Bashing, Spamming, or mere Demo complaining will be deleted. Now you can still be mad and post complaints as long as they are of substance. You have to at least have two or more sentences as to why you are mad. Now please everyone stay on topic and stop bashing!

Okay im reposting this for emphasis. Some of you seem to not understand that bashing is not allowed on this forum, or spamming for that matter. I posted at the top of this topic a general warning than I reposted a warning. And yet some users believe they can still post spam/flames. Please everyone calm down it is just a demo! We should be happy they are even making one! Now please lets get back to buisness...

Okay im reposting this for emphasis. Some of you seem to not understand that bashing is not allowed on this forum, or spamming for that matter. I posted at the top of this topic a general warning than I reposted a warning. And yet some users believe they can still post spam/flames. Please everyone calm down it is just a demo! We should be happy they are even making one! Now please lets get back to buisness...

I suggest that all demo threads should be closed. There has been many warnings, and people don't listen. I would suggest closing this or closing all demo topic sin general. Its starting to get out of hand.

Problem: Bashing,Anger about the demo

Solution: Delete/Closing any demo topics that way there won't be any problems leading to bashing,anger,etc.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Currently, all information about the demo is a 'rough guess'. Infact, I have spoken today with Lucasarts about the demo and its all about timing(as in its release). The news posted by Cain is just more information for everyone eager to get their hands on the demo. Theres always going to be rumours and that fuels everyones desire for more and without these postings, we may never get an approximate time for the demos release.

I do understand that English is not everyones native tongue, and expressing yourself when frustrated can't be easy but aiming these frustrations at an individual is something I wont allow, in any language! Everyone needs a deep breath and a cookiee

DMUK

Archived