Home

Star Wars: A Broken Galaxy

Locked in his death grip manuever, Argus felt something but brushed it away as he summoned his will to hang on. That brief second gave the dark Jedi the time he needed and he pushed off and gave a force push that sent Argus flying. Landing hard, Argus saw stars but was not blind to the saber on the ground some 20 paces away. With the same thougts he had when he wanted his blaster back, the saber flew to his hand and he ignited it. The dark Jedi was clearly confused and not prepared for the string attacks of Argus. In a clever move, Argus kicked the other saber out of the dark Jedi's hand and caught it igniting it. The dark Jedi was clearly afraid and Argus was debating whether or not to kill him.

High above, Darth Tergis was smiling, Kill him. Kill him NOW!!

With a fierce, "NO!" Argus shut the blades off and told the dark Jedi to leave. He watched the Jedi flee clearly shaken. Meanwhile Sneaky had managed to unlock the elevator and was beeping only to be ignored by a shaken Argus.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He glances at Argus and nods with a smile. "See.. You've come to rely on the Force.." Matthew said, holding out a hand as the two sabers flew from Argus's hand and to his own. He put them within his sash and closed his robe, leaving the hood off. "We'll have time to talk about this once we're out of here, now lets go." He walked to the elevator and waved a hand infront of it, concentrating on the locking mechanism. The hammer of the lock slid back and the door slid open easily. "Come on," he said, walking into the elevator.

Tergis was getting angry and started levitating things and throwing them at unfortunate subordinates screaming, "JEDI SLIME!!! I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO RUIN MY CAREFULLY LAID PLANS!!" After wards, he seemed to calm down and said to his lieutenant who manged to not be hit, "The search will be too long through the lower levels. We will have the fighters rake the surface with blaster fire then we can find the boy."

"The entire planet my lord? There are billions of people and our own men still on the surface."

"Your predecessor once made the mistake of questioning my orders, Surely you aren't just as stupid?"

"No milord I will as you command," and the lieutenant left to give the order.

As Argus stepped onto the Elevator, Matthew pressed a button on the side as the door slid closed and the elevator descended into the Lower City. He walked out of the elevator with Argus trailing behind. "Hmm..This way.. I believe." He headed right and to the cantina. He flipped up his hood and walked inside, Argus stepping to his side. "Now, where is this man who you're referring to?"

Still shaken by what happened, Argus almost didn't hear what O'Kari was saying. Before a second question could come out he said, "Garin is a human sentient. He usually hangs around the pazaak tables. This is his favorite dive however and he has somewhat good relations with Brejik's Boys." Argus followed Matthew into the cantina after telling Sneaky to wait outside.

Argus gave a slight shake of annoyance, "What he mean Garin is that I need the codes for the sweet vessel on dock."

"Sure I know what you mean. Don't bother going to the gang's base because I already have them right here," Garn replied.

"Good give em here," Argus held out his hand but Garin didn't make a move to give it to him.

"You know the deal."

"How much this time?"

"A lift off this backwater planet."

"What," asked Argus.

"You heard me."

Matthew smirked and waved his hand gracefully by the guys face. "You want to give him the codes, and everything's fine, theres no need for you to ride with us.." He said. Garin repeated the words in a trance like state, and wrote the codes on a small datapad and handed it to Argus. Matthew smirked and nodded. It was nice to be needed, even though he didn't get the respect he deserved.

"Good let's get to the ship and get out of here." Argus led the way back to the speeder and guided to the ship the Falcon's Cry. Sneaky immediately went on board to warm up the system. Argus noticed two speeders of Sith troopers were headed their way. He shouted into his comm, "Sneaky, fire up the turrets!" and pulled out his blaster.

On the ship orbiting Deralia, Darth Tergis received the transmission that the Jedi O'Kari and the pilot were found. Smiling he gave the order to kill the Jedi but to bring the pilot to him. Soon I will have my apprentice, one young and more powerful.

Matthew looked around and withdrew his lightsaber, deflecting blaster fire back at the sith as they unloaded with their repeating rifles. As the loading ramp closed, two monted turrets dropped out nearby, their blasters ripping apart the sith invaders. Matthew ran to the control room, sheathing his saber hilt. He punched in a couple hyperspace coordinates in the galaxy map as the droid finished off the sith and took over lifting off. "We're gonna make it.." He said to himself with a smile.

Darth Tergis watxhed as he saw the stock freighter attempt to leave the system. He said to his lieutenant, "Resume the straif runs and send six of our best fighters to cripple the vessel. Do not let them escape."

On board the ship Argus saw the proximity emitter and said, "We've got company. Six fighters coming hard and fast on our six."

He smirked. "I've got the ships, you concentrate on getting us out of this mess." He said, running to the back of the ship and climbing up a ladder to the turrets. He hopped up on turret and sat in the seat. He put on the helmet and grasped the controls. He unloaded on one ship, blowing it to pieces. The other ships rolled and dodged out of the way. He fired a mass of bullets and spread them in a horizontal manner, taking down two ships as they ran into the fire. He spun around as one Ship just finished a firing run on the ship's surface. He fired a few rounds into that one, making it sputter and slam into the ship and explode. He took down one more when he was turned around. He spun around and couldn't find the sixth one. He turned around an finally saw it, it had run under the ship for a firing run on the life support systems. He unloaded on the last one, blowing it up rather quickly. He moved away and slid down the ladder, force sprinting to the Control room. "Go, they're all down."

The Falcon's Cry made the jump into hyperspace without further incident leaving a raging Tergis on the deck of his flagship, cursing O'Kari and the Jedi. Argus was sitting in the pilot's seat relaxing and breathing a deep sigh of relief. Sneaky warbled and he said, "Everything's good. You better make any necessary repairs ok?"

Sneaky had just left and Argus was left alone in the cockpit but he piped up, "Since we won't be hitting Dantooine for a while, maybe you could explain a few things Master Jedi."

He sighed. "One, you can use the Force like you've had it all your life. You made that blaster fly back to your hand and you actually stood a chance against a Jedi." He walked over to him. "Second, I've gotten in his way of destroying the Jedi Council countless times, and have foiled his plans even more. I'm the most revered Jedi in the Galaxy, and the most hated. I don't like to brag or gloat, it's not my way. But all my life, i've been told that I have.. a certain connection to the Force.. that no other Jedi has had since Exar Kun...And that scares even me.." He looked away for a moment, going off topic due to nervousness. "Where are we headed.." As if he didn't know the answer.

He walked out of the ship and onto the landing pad of Dantooine. He walked out of it, with Argus trailing behind. A jedi walked up to Matthew and bowed slightly. "Master O'ka-" He sighed. "Don't call me master..please...." The Jedi blinked and nodded "Follow me.. you and your friend need some protection, the Sith won't think about striking here again.."

Argus didn't fully accept the Jedi's answer to his questions and wanted to ask more but decided against it and willingly followed the padawan to the quarters on the enclave. Sneaky followed close behind and warbled his beeps to which Argus responded, "Don't worry Sneaky, I have a feeling that we will be safe here for a while."

Argus was resting on a pallet when he began to dream a strange dream, A dark figure stood on the bow of a ship with another behind him. The lead figure was pacing and gazing out the bridge window. The other began to speak, 'The dark power we sensed is strong on this world that its power spills out into space. Is it wise to land here? The first Jedi that split left this place and its location a secret. If we land on the surface, we may never be able to return. Are the secrets of this place so valuable that it's power is truly worth the risk? Then there was a gray cloud and all was dark. Argus awoke in a bed of sweat and was disturbed that he walked to the gardens of the enclave not saying anything to anyone.

Argus saw O'Kari meditating on the rock outside the enclave but rather avoided him and sat on a bench with Sneaky near by and began to make upgrade repairs but was bothered by what he saw. His concentration was rather poor and he stopped before making serious repairs and pulled out a datapad and studied his schematics. His thoughts constantly returned to the dream. Giving up, he walked back into the enclave feeling frustrated.

"I ah...had a bad dream." Argus then proceeded to tell Matthew the dream, "A dark figure was standing on the bow of a ship with another one behind him. The leader was pacing and gazing out the bridge window. Then the other spoke, 'The dark power we sensed is strong on this world that its power spills out into space. Is it wise to land here? The first Jedi that split left this place and its location a secret. If we land on the surface, we may never be able to return. Are the secrets of this place so valuable that it's power is truly worth the risk? Then there was a gray cloud and all was dark." When he finished, he was silent. Sneaky warbled a sad and scared warble.

Matthew looked around, then put a hand over his shoulder. "We must speak to the council at once. This matter needs to be tended to." He said, leading them to the chambers. Matthew walked into the chambers. "Stay here while I converse with the council," he said, walking into the room. After a few minutes, he came back, motioning for Argus to come in.

((I'm going to go out on a limb and create a Jedi master. A minor one but so there is another named Jedi. If someone else joins, they could take over and develop.))

Master Gulas Volkare saw a frightened and anxious young man enter the council chambers. He had a good idea why but didn't reveal his thoughts. Articulate in Basic and Huttese, being that he was a Twilek, he said in a gentle voice, "Come young one."

"What am I doing? What did I do?" were the thoughts racing through Argus' mind as he stood before the council.

Meanwhile Tergis was throwing a fit screaming, "I don't care! Find them, show no mercy. That boy is the key!" He would have certainly have died of rage had he not been caught by a sudden fit that rendered him calm. In an odd voice he said to his lieutenant, "The boy is the key but he is protected. To strike, it must be from the shadows and at the boy's heart, the Jedi he travels with. Go and set up perimeter blocks around Korriban. They will come there and from there, we shall seize them."

((You too might want to add another character for you to control. I'll see if I can find another person to join. No promises.))

Archived