Home

Star Wars: A Broken Galaxy

(Alright, I suppose. It's not needed at this moment, but soon maybe.)

Master Goya walked up to Argus, putting a hand on his head. "Calm young one." He was a Chiss. Complete with the beaming red eyes and the bright blue skin tone. He leaned down near Argus, considering his height of about 8 feet. "We've all heard from master O'Kari that you and he have had a similar dream, but with two different main.. 'characters'.. so to speak.."

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"That is true..er. what? Did Jedi O'Kari say he had a dream?" Argus was confused. Normally he would have come off with a joke or two but decided against it.

Master Volkare said, "This is true that you bothhad a dream. Through the Force, if one is sensitive, one can have such dreams of the future, the past, friends long gone."

"What?" was Argus' reply.

Master Goya nodded. "It seems you two have a..... connection of sorts. We have discussed it for hours, and we have decided." He stood up to his towering height. "If you are willing, we will train you to become a Jedi." Master Goya walked back to the council, taking his seat.

Merios just stood where he was, arms rested upon each other near his abdomen, his eyes watching the Chiss.

"Me a Jedi. No way." Argus replied.

"Have you ever wondered why you seem to see things before they happen," Master Volkare asked.

"I've always had quick reflexes."

"The Force is strong within you. Understand there is little choice in this matter. You will be trained and Matthew will be your master."

Matthew looked to Argus. "Don't be too quick to judge. Your control of the Force may help rebel against the Sith. And you have the potential to become a great Jedi, if only you chose to agree." He walked to Argus. "Please, as a friend, let me train you. You won't last long against the Sith unless you learn to control your anger, lest you become a Sith youself." He looked him in the eyes. "So I ask you again.. will you become a Jedi?"

Argus paced a bit in the council chambers to think about his choices. The council chambers was quiet as if straining to hear what he had to say. He had always been good at fixing things and other things. He paused before saying, "Alright."

Tergis started on board his ship and then he let out a big simle. He said to himself, "So now it begins."

Master Goya brightened up. "Good." He walked up to him. "Now.. You will have to go through intense training, because of your age, of course." Argus nodded. "Good, lets get started. Matthew?" He said, walking off. Matthew nodded, walking to Argus. "Lets get started." (Go ahead and do some training, like in the game. Just not too similar)

Argus went through the motions of training physicallyand mentally to channel the power of the Force. The path of the Jedi is difficult requiring strength in mind and body. Meditation will aid in the ability to channel the Force.

Argus spent time with Matthew to become his padawan in training.

((I wasn't sure what to do so I just generalized it to allow you some say because your character is Argus' master))

With the training out of the way, they soon moved onto the equipment. He and Argus were in the training room. Argus just got finished with the trivia on the computer and walked back to Matthew. "So.. are you ready for the test?" He said, looking at Argus. "Yes," Argus said, making a mental picture of the studies in his mind.

Matthew spoke clearly."There is no emotion.." "There is peace," followed Argus.

"There is no ignorance." "There is knowledge," Argus replied.

"There is no passion." "There is serenity," Argus once again replied.

"There is no death." "There is only the Force," Argus replied with a hint of anticipation in his voice.

"Very well Argus, now. I'm going to ask you a series of questions. You chose which answers you feel are right." Argus nodded.

Number one: "A woman and her small child are attack by thugs, what do you do?"

a- Attack the thugs

b- Help them flee

c- Talk to the thugs, try and figure out why there are doing this and try to stop them

d- Find a weakness and strike when that weakness is present.

He nodded.

Question 2: You see a kath hound pack running to a nearby village, what do you do?

a- Attack it, to save the lives of the people in the village.

b- Use the Force to tame the beasts, and send them where they came from.

c- Warn the village so they may take up arms.

d- Let them go and help the villagers when they come.

"Question number three, final question.."

"You are the head of a Jedi Enclave and you have intelligence that a Sith squad has infiltrated the area and plan to shut down the enclave by killing the Jedi Younglings. What do you do?

a- Hunt them down

b- Find their postion and spring a trap.

c- Stop and try to ask them why they are doing this.

d- Wait for the perfect moment of weakness and strike when their backs are turned."

Matthew smirked and nodded. "Alright.." He lead him into the library, sitting down on a chair and offering him a seat.

"Many Jedi select a discipline, or specific field of study within the Force, upon reaching the level of Apprentice. The apprentice works closely with a mentor who can help them excel in their chosen discipline, and begins an intensive study of the discipline's teachings in addition to their regular studies of the Force. This specialized instruction helps Jedi to make the best use of their natural talents and strengths, and it often guides them as they begin to fulfill their roles as Jedi."

He cleared his throat. "Jedi Guardians are the warriors of the Jedi Order, stressing physical prowess above all. By the time a Jedi Guardian reaches Jedi Knight status, he is already a capable and savvy combatant, adept at protecting the galaxy from numerous threats. Jedi with this discipline combine physical training with mastery of the Force. Jedi Guardians concentrate more on battle prowess, defense, lightsaber training, and physical activities. Guardians are the defenders of the Jedi Order."

Matthew glanced at Argus, then continued," While Jedi guardians concentrate on combining the Force with martial and physical training, Jedi consulars learn to use the Force in conjunction with diplomacy, philosophy, and reasoning. When Jedi are called upon to aid in diplomatic missions, investigate claims of injustice, or monitor scholarly pursuits, a Jedi consular usually accompanies them.

The Jedi consular uses the Force for knowledge and negotiation, seeking the most peaceful solutions to every problem. Force-users trained in the Jedi tradition, these Jedi concentrate more on diplomacy, scholarly pursuits, and hte spiritual side of the Force than on ore physical activities. Healers and researchers seek to better understand the nature of the Force and their connection to it. Mentors and teachers hope to instruct others and pass on what they have learned. Negotiators and mediators are skilled at bargaining and striking compromises. Consulars train themselves to be versatile, able to handle many situations without reaching for a weapon.

Some Jedi consulars explore the galaxy to further their own knowledge and mastery of the Force. Others continually seek to learn or discover more of the Force's secrets. Still others see their role as mediators and councilors, using their position and skills to help those in need."

Matthew paused for a second, then continued,"The Jedi Sentinel uses the Force to ferret out deceit and injustice throughout the galaxy. This member of the Jedi Order strikes a balance between the physical aspects of the Jedi Guardian and the mental aspects of the Jedi Consular.

As members of the Jedi Order, the Jedi Sentinel is usually called into service as a last line of defense if the negotiations of Jedi Consulars cannot be resolved peacefully. When not on call by the Jedi Council, the Jedi Sentinel will most likely be found working with law enforcement personnel."

Matthew stopped for a moment, then continued. "There are many other sub-classes, such as the Jedi Ace... Jedi Archivist.. Jedi Negotiator.. Jedi Force warrior..Jedi Healer.. Jedi Ace might be the class for you, it's a sub-class of the Jedi Sentinel, they focus on more pratical things, such as skills to pick locks and pilot starfighters.."

Argus pondered a moment. His natural abilities involved piloting and picking locks but he remembered that the Republic assigned him as the official negoiator between the citizens on Deralia and the government. He was confused as what to choose but he knew where his strengths lay. With a calm voice he asked, "Can you show me the way of the Jedi Sentinel?"

Matthew smiled and nodded. "Alright," he said, walking off to the equipment area again. "Here's where you will construct your very own lightsaber. Each lightsaber must be unique to the Jedi. Here are your parts and your crystal," Matthew said, handing him a small box. "Use the workbench in the corner, there's enough there for any style you wish."(Linked, short, normal, double etc...)

Argus went to examine the contents at the work bench. He pulled out a beam gem lens and handed it Matthew and said, "I don't know if you know this but this part is defective. If it were used on a lightsaber, it would explode and offset the focus. I could fix it now or later if you wish."

He then set to work laying the pieces out. With a nimble ease, he fastened the parts togther and created an interesting look for his lightsaber. It wasn't for asthetics but more of practicality, the most efficient way to channel its power. With focus he set the crystal and ignited the saber. Pleased with it, he placed it down and began to fix the gem lens though Matthew didn't say to or not.

He blinked and smirked, nodding. "Good.. good," he looked at the saber. "Strange you got it on your first try.. most usually melt it on the first.. Now.. what kind is it? So I may inform the Weapon Master to train you, that is, if you don't want me to do it. I'm only skilled in the art of the Doublesaber.. That and the single bladed.. "

Archived