Home

Ultimate (EAW) Mod. *2.0.1 released.*

augrunt

Em, I just cant get into one thing.... when I'm attacking any enemy fleet with my Victory frigates, Fighters seems to appear from it's hangar... Well the question is: that Mod or game feature? If that's a game feature, than Why rebells can build fighters?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Starkiller96

That is forced in the game im pretty sure, you would not be able to see them because there is only space on the command bar for 5 slots space, 5 ground.

@Leron

That is a game feature, every empire Capital is set so it will spawn fighters/bombers in battle. Since you are using an Empire unit it does spawn, even though you are on rebel.

Rebels are supposed to build their fighters since they are Hyperspace capable, and shielded, so they are a bit better than a TIE craft.

Eah, thnx! :) I guess that everyone, who played any of X-wing games know about hypespace and shieding:)... what if someone could possible code rebel fighters to appear from rebel frigates... but... I'm not sure If rebel capital ships have Hangars?

Oh, 'bout the Mod! that's great, but sometimes my Frigates refuse to attack Space station at all... :(( Fighters and bombers keep on Fooling around and trying to make some damage, but that station has no Shield generator at all! so there's no way to destroy it!:(( Generator should be at the bottom of that station, but... station looks like that thing was blasted off... and shields are still online.... what a crap... so I can't escape from the battlefied, and I cant win...:((( Hope that's just MYCOPY bug ;)

Eah, thnx! :) I guess that everyone, who played any of X-wing games know about hypespace and shieding:)... what if someone could possible code rebel fighters to appear from rebel frigates... but... I'm not sure If rebel capital ships have Hangars?

Oh, 'bout the Mod! that's great, but sometimes my Frigates refuse to attack Space station at all... :(( Fighters and bombers keep on Fooling around and trying to make some damage, but that station has no Shield generator at all! so there's no way to destroy it!:(( Generator should be at the bottom of that station, but... station looks like that thing was blasted off... and shields are still online.... what a crap... so I can't escape from the battlefied, and I cant win...:((( Hope that's just MYCOPY bug ;)

for the Rebels building fighters from the Capital/Frigates, its not possible in the demo, and unless they add this feature to them in the final version, we will have to add the hardpoints in a modeling program to make them be able to do this... trust me, I have spent the better half of a week trying to figure out how to do this and came to a conclusion... its just not possible with what we have now.

The ships not attacking the station once all hardpoints are destroyed... I get the same error, and that was with the basic game as well as Bryants 2.0 mod, so its the game...

EO

I've got some Idea:) It would be nice if both Imp and Rebels should build their fighters/bombers/scouts... e.t.c. and than drag&drop them to the capital ships... and finaly at the battlefield Capital ships could launch them from their hangars! It would be more realistic then an endles support of fighters on the Victorys and ISDs

I've had this happen a lot [The space station bug] and I've worked out a perfect solution that works everytime!

The hard points do not show up on the station because of the lack of station models with the demo for high tech space stations (So they did leave somethings out! *slaps face in disbelief*). Select all your fighters and bombers (Only fighters and bombers can do this bit btw), zoom in on the station until it's the only thing on the screen. Now look up at the top left corner of the screen, you'll see the hardpoints piled on top of each other, keep the zoom at max and attack the hard points with the fighters. Once they have their orders you can zoom out again. When a hard point is destroyed it appears right in the middle of the map, blowing up (very strange indeed), zoom back in on the station and target another hardpoint. Keep doing this until all the hard points are gone, the station will blow up and you've won.

p.s: it is much harder to achieve this if there are enemy ships left on the map, plus; it is impossible to destroy the station without fighters if this bug occurs...

I hope this helps coz it sure did for me! :)

I'll be making a new thread for this solution, it should help a lot of people...

Oh and by the way Leron the Imperial cap ships do not have an endless supply of fighters, read the descriptions of the cap ships in the tech tree.

That's great THnx!

P.S.

eah, eah I know that supply is not endless in the battle, thats actually endless! if you win the battle, your Cap ships appear with all the Hardpoints and Fighters.... and they can hold on as long as you wish... after every battle the apear fully repaired and recharged :)

I've had this happen a lot [The space station bug] and I've worked out a perfect solution that works everytime!

The hard points do not show up on the station because of the lack of station models with the demo for high tech space stations (So they did leave somethings out! *slaps face in disbelief*). Select all your fighters and bombers (Only fighters and bombers can do this bit btw), zoom in on the station until it's the only thing on the screen. Now look up at the top left corner of the screen, you'll see the hardpoints piled on top of each other, keep the zoom at max and attack the hard points with the fighters. Once they have their orders you can zoom out again. When a hard point is destroyed it appears right in the middle of the map, blowing up (very strange indeed), zoom back in on the station and target another hardpoint. Keep doing this until all the hard points are gone, the station will blow up and you've won.

p.s: it is much harder to achieve this if there are enemy ships left on the map, plus; it is impossible to destroy the station without fighters if this bug occurs...

I hope this helps coz it sure did for me! :)

I'll be making a new thread for this solution, it should help a lot of people...

Oh and by the way Leron the Imperial cap ships do not have an endless supply of fighters, read the descriptions of the cap ships in the tech tree.

As so there IS a way out of that situation! Thanks for the tip!

is thier a certain way to destroy teh patrol cruisers cuz all my shots go right through them

It's fantastically annoying I agree. This has to be a bug. But you can destroy them by having your Mauraders "bombard the area" where they are with their missiles. Also, you can sometimes get in like every 10th or so shot by attacking the "area" they're in and ON them so it's a red circle rather than a green one (attack move, rather than normal attack). It's very time consuming though, so I'd use the Mauraders or any other craft with missiles to destroy them. Also for shuttles.

As Featured On Filefront in a News Post!!! (Click Here to See It)

Ultimate Mod has now changed it's name to Ultimate Empire at War. To Symbolize the Change towards the Full Version!

The Official Website is located at http://www.ultimate-eaw.com

I would also like to take the opt. To thank Lucasforums.com even with it's bumpy roads it was Ultimate Mod's home! I will continously post updates to the modification on Lucasforums!

[stay Tuned for Ultimate EAW Forums in Production!]

thread merged with original thread + name change ~ Moel

i have a sweet forum 23 members in 5 days you can also talk at my place to and other mods and such it is

~Snip~ i cant afford a domain so i settle with a sub domain and moderators please dont ban me i have helpful guides on there for modding and such and if you dont like this post simply delete it or email me that it is inapropriate(wouldnt see why though its all about EAW nothing against lucasforums) just please dont ban me :( (for any reason you might, i meen look your allowing the link to augrunts site i think it would be discrimination for letting some one post a link to theres and not let the other person post one to theres)

Guilty conscience? advertising is against the forum guidelines. - Moel

Archived