Home

Revan/Bastila kiss scene improvement

TheGreenGoblin

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps even more important than improving the scene visually would be to fix it so that it would not bug out the rest of the romance plot options if you speak to your new girlfriend Bastila after you smooch her once. It seems that trying to get the final two Bastila conversations will make her forget that she loves you when you face her on top of the temple.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, i see no reason to do a fade to black for a mere kiss, if its to let kids play? come on, i see people outside in broad daylight snogging away. lol

Its not like they would like grinding their hips together or anything. lol

it was just a kiss, so i see no reason for it to fade to black.

so if anyone gets this mod done, i will surely download it.

Same here, i see no reason to do a fade to black for a mere kiss, if its to let kids play? come on, i see people outside in broad daylight snogging away. lol

Its not like they would like grinding their hips together or anything. lol

it was just a kiss, so i see no reason for it to fade to black.

Well, there are no "fall madly into each others' arms and make out like crazy" type animations, so the best you can do is an optical illusion with the animations that we do have available, and the fade-to-black helps disguise that fact and lets the player's imagination fill in what the animations aren't able to do.

On-topic: It might be possible to do this. I stress might as I'm unsure of the limitations of the animation system.
::whispers:: Psst! I think you're safe on this one. Carth and Fem!Revan didn't seem to object, anyway. :lol:

Wow. I'm amazed at the lack of initiative on this. When I released my Carth mod, I thought for sure someone would have one up there for Bastila in no time.

Wow. I'm amazed at the lack of initiative on this. When I released my Carth mod, I thought for sure someone would have one up there for Bastila in no time.

As you are the one expirienced in this type of mod, perhaps people have been waiting for you to make this one. ;)

I'm willing to bet it took quite a bit of wrangling to pull of the Carth/Revan scene, people don't realise how such a simple request could become a lot of work. :)

As you are the one expirienced in this type of mod, perhaps people have been waiting for you to make this one. ;)

And I said before I wasn't doing it :)

I'm willing to bet it took quite a bit of wrangling to pull of the Carth/Revan scene, people don't realise how such a simple request could become a lot of work. :)
That took about two months to do. But a lot of that was learning my way around KOTOR tool, and learning how everything works. Lots of time in here using the search function. But I don't even want to think about how many hours I spent futzing with (x,y) coordinates and getting the timing right on everything :xp:

I've been tempted to take pity on the guys and do it. But I don't have enough free time for the projects I'm trying to do now as it is (modding and otherwise). I haven't got it in me right now to take on a mod I'd never actually use. Sorry, I've only played as female, and just reading that dialogue... if I were Bastila, I probably would have force choked the guy. And I suspect you don't want that in your mod :lol:

• 8 months later...

I am having a thought here!

I was just playing KoTOR, and I was on the star forge fighting Bastila.

During the fight, my character was fighting very closely to bastila, and their faces somehow collided with each other, resulting the illusion of a kiss.

Just a thought here; I don't own the program KoTOR Tool and don't know how to use it, but is it possible that you can move Revan up close to Bastila on the kiss scene, and collide his face with bastila's, resulting a kiss?

Edit: I mean, its just sounds so crazy and so simple, can it just might work?

Archived