Home

~~~~^v~~~~@

Guest rosencrantz

Guest rosencrantz

need help for class: please answer questions honestly, merci smile.gif

1. what is your age

2. what is your favorite song &/or band, and why

3. what is your favorite movie, and why

4. what is the message you get from your fav. song/band (if there is one)

5. what's the message you get from your fav. movie (if there is one)

i must knows for skool! biggrin.gif

thankyouan'stuff

-ros

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rosencrantz

this is for real for a class of mine, if you don't wanna answer it on the forums, you can EMAIL ME at the one in my profile.

1. what is your age? 19ish

2. what is your favorite song &/or band, and why? A Long December by Counting Crows (fav. band too). I'm not really sure why that song is my favorite, just something about it. CC are my fav. band because there's something about the dreariness of a lot of their songs that I relate to.

3. what is your favorite movie, and why? Shaft. Why: the good guys don't always HAVE to be good

4. what is the message you get from your fav. song/band (if there is one)? I wonder if there is...

5. what's the message you get from your fav. movie (if there is one)? the ends justify the means

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited February 06, 2001).]

Originally posted by rosencrantz:

1. what is your age

19 (20 in less than a month).

Billy Joel, because he writes great music and words. The quality is always very, very high. He is also great live.

Star Wars movies. They are just great fun.

None

None here either

Guest Zoom Rabbit

Delighted to help.

1. Thirty-three. I still play with toys, though.

2. Deep Forest (a new age techno-synth group from France.) They've taken European modern music and integrated the native sounds of many different cultures. Their first album visits deepest Africa; then the second takes that sound to Eastern Europe where it integrates the gypsy-inspired music of Bulgaria and old Transylvania. The third album--and the most recent that I'm aware of--takes that melange of musical styles to the New World, where a number of Caribbean influences are worked in.

3. My favorite movie is Highlander. biggrin.gif

4. The message I get from the music of Deep Forest is that you never know when sharp-toothed Carribean gypsy pygmies might spring on you to startle you with strange but compelling music.

5. From Highlander I learn that it is important to have your sword with you at all times, in case some iron-age barbarian from the murky past comes to hack your head off in some twisted search for enlightenment.

6. My favorite book is the Bhagavad Gita.

7. The message I get from that is: go ahead and smack down the bad guys. They suck anyway. wink.gif

8. My favorite space cetacean is Wally.

9. The message I get from him is to periodically call the CIA and tell them that I'm watching them real carefully, just to take the element of surprise.

smile.gif

------------------

awingtrs.gif

'Don't shoot--Your sister's in the cockpit with me!'

(Customized taunt #227)

Guest Mercury Man

1) 15 (nearly 16)

2) Ocean Drive by The Lighthouse Family --> calm

3) Dune - guns, battles and giant worms

4) Whatever happens, we will go-on.....

5) Ji'hads rule!

1. 23

2. Steve Hackett is my favorite musician and my favorite song by him is Concert for Munich, which is just acoustic guitar and flute. It is so peaceful, ethereal but with a slightly majestic undertone, it makes me feel like I am walking through Versailles or some other palace.

3. Office Space smile.gif

4. see #3

5. Work sucks. It's not your life, don't let it get to you too much. Try to have as much fun and care as little as possible.

Guest rosencrantz

*snicker* (to mercman)

and to rabbit: unless you are already married biggrin.gif <font size=1>

[This message has been edited by rosencrantz (edited February 06, 2001).]

*looks at zoom, nute, and rosie and walks off mutter to himself in confusion* Now there is a soap opera

now.. back to the subject..

1. what is your age

Queen, "Who wants to live forever" This is a band that can play many forms of music and do it well, Vocals are great (everyone has part) Bass Guitar is good, Lead Guitar is AWSOME, and the drummer has great skill. A bad taht will survie in my heart even with the loss of one of its members

Time Bandits, it is a funny british styled comedy that i loved as a kid, and still enjoy watching

We all want to be immortal, jsut for one reason, and normally that is for someone's love

Hero's are not what you belive them to be, they have faults just like everyone else.

1. 16

2. Rhapsody-Emerald Sword: nice mixture of instruments

3. Braveheart: SWORDS, me like swords.

4. it is honorable to fight for what you believe in

5. same thing, and Every man dies, not every man really lives

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

1) 17... 18 on Aug 1st.

2) Nitro(Youth Energy) by The Offspring

It managed to sum up my outlook on life in one phrase. Ironicaly, I got the nickname Nitro long before I ever heard that song.

3) The Matrix. It's so deep. I can watch it over and over again, and every time I notice something new... There are so many little things the average person doesn't notice.

4) "So if you understand me, and if you feel the same, then you will know what Nitro means... You'll live like there is no tomorrow." Nitro (Youth Energy) by The Offspring

5) It's amazing what the human brain can concieve. All the thought that went into that flim... The concept, the plot, the camera work (Bullet-Time comes to mind), the perfect casting, and all the religious ties. I can't begin to fathom how a lump of grey matter can power something as complex as the human body.

Archived