Home

Wisdom for greater good... or evil

Rok_stoned

In KOTOR I and II when you helped or hindered someone your options would be very limited with little foresight (potentialy making people "soft" by spoon-feeding them solutions to problems) i.e loaning Griff credits for light side and if you wanted to be evil you had to be upfront evil and could'nt lie to them to get the quest reward and murder them to take it all (although sometimes you could do the latter but those were rare times). In KOTOR II Kreia advocated thinking of how your actions would impact people and thought before act. Kreia advised thinking of how aid could hinder rather than help and brutality was a tool could help you in certain situations but hinder you when used unnecessarily on people out of malice.

Anyways my idea is through wisdom (if your wisdom is high enough) you gained additional options like rather than giving some one credits, show them how to salvvage droid components for a living and for dark side maybe instead of luring some one into a sarlacc pit, convincing them that you could show them a way to get around the sarlacc pit (which in truth does get your around the sarlacc pit... by distracting it with a tasty morsel.). The darkside one is already in he game in the form of lying but is very limited and is often times just hurting people rather than helping yourself.

So any suggestions on this idea? Is It good? Is it bad? Please post your feedback and feel free to discuss simialar ideas!

^^^ Yeah light sides ok but most sound something like this: Your foolishness is a sacrilege to the Jedi order and a direct defilement of the Tora, The Divine law of the universe. I response to this heresy I will now Read five exscripts from the Tora, The Divine.

Srry back onto subject thanx for your feedback thus far. ;)

Interesting idea. Might be a good idea. Just generally I would like the LS/DS choices and gains to be less black and white, more than "Here's credits" and "Your dead" in the dialogue options, kind of like what you said.

Without a doubt, way too black and white. Absolutely no middle ground.

I think the idea is great, it would definitely allow a larger variety of answers that hopefully provide a alternative too the, as we've said very narrow answers we have available. To play in the grey range you basically had to do a lightsided thing then a darksided thing to stay balanced in the middle.

Yes, some of the dialog options were too black and white. If I recall there was one inbetween answer in KOTOR on Kashyyk with the Star Map but it was called a voided answer. I would choose that option any day. Still conflict does make one stronger but you become stronger to turn away from it once it is over. I would opt for more inbetween answers that does not affect your alignment.

In KOTOR II Kreia advocated thinking of how your actions would impact people and thought before act. Kreia advised thinking of how aid could hinder rather than help and brutality was a tool could help you in certain situations but hinder you when used unnecessarily on people out of malice.

That one thing that annoyed me. Kreia keeps tell you that this is what should be done but you can't actually do it in the game. I don't like how the ds works in both k1 and k2. You basically have to become a thug inorder to get enough ds point to get a Sith Prestige class. You should be able to get more ds points by lying and manipulating.

Archived