Home

The youth of america

RevanA4

Wow, Can't believe I missed this thread!

*Sabre Jumps into this slime pit in the middle of the Spaceport*

YES, I totally agree with Revan here, that the newer breeds of the Americans are arrogant. But IMO, most Americans are. I'll agree one thing - the Americans are influential. Take a stroll in outside countries, half the things you see are American-inspired, or American itself. McDonalds, Hollywood, Video Games, Computers, this, that. You won't believe how much influence there is in urban India. If you have something American, or act American (should I say Western?), you become cool. Otherwise you're a dumbass. It's true - now everybody's into junk food, rap, jeans, cellphones and such. Anybody left out is not cool.

So... America is influential. Astro said that the Americans don't have a culture, a legacy. I disagree. They have a rather flourishing culture. A culture of the junk food, of mass media, of crazy rock and meaningless rap, of confused mofos calling themselves Satanists and archetypes, of Racists, of corruption and a hundred more things.

And when you have a country that is virtually the world itself, you can't help but feel powerful. You're secure - your country has the best anti-Terrorism equipment and armies. You're enjoying - you have all the latest facilities and amenities. They feel arrogant, they feel that they're the best and the strongest, that nobody can beat them.

K, done. You may all safely flame me.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure how you'd gather that I might be doing anything of the sort in a thread entitled "Youth of AMERICA." ;)

It long ceased to be about just America. Also, you seem to assume a) everyone is from the US, and b) that the US is all that matters in this discussion. You made global statements. As someone from outside the US, it seemed to me that you meant the whole system in general.

How am I keeping Bush in office? How you you proven anything I've typed to be untrue? The answers are, I'm not, and you haven't.

Have you provided any opposition to him? If you feel things are so hopeless, why not enter the fight yourself? Give the disaffected a voice?

Why go to the trouble of moving? Haven't you read anything I've typed? I already live in such a country. You probably do to. You're just too naive to believe it.

Noo, I do not. You cannot tell me about my country after dismissing it from this discussion. If you actually knew about my political system, you wouldn't make such a statement.

I'm actually rather a cynic. What I have, however, is a

determination to make a difference however I can.

I have read everything you've written, and found it to be a pile of defeatist faeces. No offence.

You have the franchise, whether you believe it's worth anything is an entirely different matter.

Astrotoy: Fair enough. I misinterpreted your post, it seems :)

It long ceased to be about just America.

Since when? It seemed to me after a while it turned from being just about dumbass kids in the US to the US itself.

Considering the entire topic focused specifically on the US, nothing in CapN's statement should be misconstrued as global. If you were speaking globally, you kind of failed to allude to that fact. It wasn't until his response to your aristocracy bit that Britain was brought up, by you. So as it is, the only person even mentioning global bits was you, and it wasn't really the focus of your discussion, so much as criticism on his feelings on the US. Which is still talking about the US.

I have read everything you've written, and found it to be a pile of defeatist faeces.

It can't be defeatist if it's true.

You have the franchise, whether you believe it's worth anything is an entirely different matter.

The only time the people's will really means anything is when re-election on basic levels occur (state representatives, etc), otherwise it's just a facade. If the people's will actually meant anything Bush would've never made it into office in 2000. He lost the popular vote by a ****load.

The only time the people's will really means anything is when re-election on basic levels occur (state representatives, etc), otherwise it's just a facade.

:( thats sad but true :(

Have you provided any opposition to him? If you feel things are so hopeless, why not enter the fight yourself? Give the disaffected a voice?

YES. the people have no voice what so ever, even in election years its not, our vote that counts.

WHO the heck is disaffected in the US by the sheer stupidity of our government.

heck half of my views on the us Government if I said them I'd get labeled a terrorist. bah I'm an American that doesn't like what the US is doing and nothing more >.>

now if you excuse me I think the FBI is here to arrest me for my anti US gov. attitude :(

that was a joke but its really where we are headed

Archived