Home

Vengence of the Republic

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

STAR

WARS

Vengence of the Republic

The galactic war has spread throughout the galaxy. Many worlds once safe from conflict are drawn into battle as the evil Sith seek to conquer virtually at whim with no one to lead and control them.

As Jedi are hunted down by in anger over the deaths of Darth Malak and Nihilus, many loyal to the Republic are running out of patience over the slaughter of their allies. They know that even though they have been weakened by a seemingly endless number of foes, a stand must be taken.

Hoping to aid what is left of the ailing Jedi, Republic troops are sent out to find and protect those who have gone into hiding. They will certainly play a vital role to once again bring freedom and order to the galaxy...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do mean that. I'll clarify. This is an RPG based after The Sith Lords, and the basic storyline, for now at least, centres around the Republic trying to find and protect the remaining Jedi for conflict with the Sith, who have been on a rampage since the fall of the Dark Lords. I know it's a bad analogy, but along similar lines to how terrorists have run rampant with no countries or powers to keep them in check. Basic RP rules apply, no Godplaying, no controlling of characters used by other people. Anyone from the games can be used as you so wish, or create your own character. I'll be posting mine shortly, and if no one else wants her I'll take Juhani as well. So, feel free to post if you have anu queries, and other than that jump in and have fun.

Here's my character.

6.jpg

Name: Jessie Nancallen

Species: Human

Sex: Female

Height: 6'3

Alignment: Republic commando, neutral

4.jpg

Weapons: Blaster rifle, duel lightsabers purple in color

9.jpg

Equipment: Zabrak Combat Suit,

5.jpg

Heavy Battle Armor,

Revan.jpg

Powered Battle Armor

7.jpg

Appearance: Tall, fair skinned with brown hair in a ponytail and silver eyes. Well muscled from her training as a soldier and commonly wearing her Republic uniform to go with her menacing scowl.

2.jpg

Bio: Born on Deralla and raised with the purpose of joining the fight for the Republic, Jess had trained hard in the Republic military to become a soldier, but she was not satisfied with likely being posted to ship Kolto or other menial tasks, she wanted to help in the fight against the Sith. She pushed her body beyond breaking point in order to prove she was good enough to become a commando. As well as taking on missions for the Republic, Jess takes on work of her own from chasing down slavers to picking fights with Mandalorians, her faithful T3-M4 astromech droid in tow for her adventures. She also commonly shirt fronts, flattens or punches out types such as Sith thugs.

For Jessie, the greatest danger she faces is her involvement with others that work with her. On her own her mind is focused solely on the mission. However, time and time again Jess has shown that that the more she learns of the personnel demons of her companions the more dedicated she is to slaying them. Case in point: upon learning of Xor from Juhani Jess sought to eviscerate him and every other Mandalorian she encountered, not exactly becoming of someone involved with the Jedi but in her mind justified. Despite her tough manner Jess keeps a wry sense of humor, and is surprisingly gentle with those in need. Combining strength and athleticism, Jess had learnt to both wield a lightsaber and has some resistance to force powers. As strong as she is however she is not invincible...she is not the most resilient soldier ever to walk, a strong force attack would get to her. Computers and machinery are not her friends, and she can be difficult to work with, not taking attitude from others well at all. Despite these shortcomings Jessie is considered a perfect guardian for the Jedi.

3.jpg

Name: Known only as Chakotay

Age: Unkown. He appears to be in his early twenties, but his name has been known along the Outer Rim for more than forty years.

Alignment: Unknown.

Clothing: He wears strong armour, similar in appearence to that of Darth Bandon, but all silver, with silver plate mail legs instead of a skirt.

Weapons: Single bladed blue lightsaber.

Ship: The name of his ship is one of the only things about him that is known for sure. It's known as the Delta Flyer, and no ship even remotely similar has ever been seen.

Appearence: He has not been seen for months, and his appearence has been mangled and disfigured by the people speaking of his deeds, claiming that he is 7 feet tall, etc.

Bio: Not much is known of this strange man. All that is known is stories about what he has done. He something of a vigilante, appearing out of hyperspace, saving dozens, if not hundreds of lives, the jumps back into hyperspace before anybody gets a chance to thank him. He's famous for saving the crew of a Thorelian cargo vessel after it's engines began leaking toxic photoplasmic radiation, risking his ow life to do so. He wields a lightsaber, suggesting possible past affiliation with the Order. These rumours are unconfirmed.

Here I am:

Name: Kaedra Ossus

Occupation: no known occupation except for the ability to wield a blade and chop thugs into bits.

Bio: From the Avalonian system and exiled because of defying the elders of her tribe. She has been wandering beyond the Outer Rim in her stock vessel known as the Falcon's Cry, until the war with Malak and found a Grey Jedi. Against the code she learn basic training of the Jedi and continued to wander in the Outer Rim seeking out those that hunted the Jedi in hopes of trying to stop them. Some say she wields a lightsaber, others say she wields a blade that sings with a fierce glow but no one knows for sure. Where she wanders now is difficult to say but the last known location was the smuggler's moon NarShadaa aiding the refugees.

Name: Hyree Bishn'al

Apperance: Black hair, slanted eyes, yellowish toned skin. 5'9", 175lbs.

Bio: a thrill seeker, carries two blasters. He has a kind heart, does a lot for the money, but can be very picky about the jobs he takes. flies around in his ship, ADD Venture with his battle bot, Bebo.

((Sure, that works. I'm not sure if we can start or not. I'm guessing we can, sp... here goes.))

The Delta Flyer shook gently as it touched down in the refugee sector of Nar Shadaa. It's nacelles retracted into it's body. There was no visible doorway into the ship. Was it a droid of some kind?

After a moment, a shimmering blue light appeared, accompanied by a comforting buzz/whine sound. The shimmer gave way to a tall man, about six feet tall, with blonde hair and brown eyes, wearing shiny silver armour, a long cylindrical object around his belt. Making sure his weapon was secured to his belt, he walked towards the cantina, hoping for a good Tarkalian ale - he hadn't had a decent drink in months.

Walking into the cantina, he headed towards the bar. He accidentally bumped into someone.

*Sorry,* he said. He then threw his right arm around the man's neck, grabbed his blaster arm with his left, and hissed into his ear.

*Give it back,* he said.

The man did nothing for a moment, then reached into his long jacket and pulled out the long cylindrical weapon. He held it up, the business end pointing towards the floor. He grabbed it, then pushed the man away. He threw him ten credits, and said

*But yourself some decent clothes.*

((Here goes nothing))

A slender, tall and willowy woman approached the man who tossed the credits. She stared and scrutinized the man as if daring him to try something. Noticing the cylindrical weapon at his belt she gave no indication at his identity but stepped closer and leaned forward and whispered softly that she almost put the man in a trance, "I've been expecting you. I am Kaedra Ossus and you are?"

"Yes I know you by reputation, that you have been wandering the galaxy helping those in need. My people are gifted with the Sight and that is why I expected you," and Kaedra paused before going on, "Your stance, your walk, everything about you tells me that you have a connection, a past."

Not saying anything more, she reached into her utility belt and pulled out a small, smoothened blue grey stone. Looking at Chakotay, she placed it in his hand saying, "I don't know why yet but I sense that the Force brought us together for a reason. Take this. In a time of need, it may help you."

The stone flashed an eight pointed stone and disappeared.

How many did you want? A crew for one ship or are we going to fly in our own fighter size ships?

I'm waiting in the refugee sector for the call

**Really whoever wants to sign up. You can have your own ship if you like or you can join up with others and have something like the Ebon Hawk. It's really up to you. My post's below.**

In the skies above the Panna colony, two Sith cruisers stood by as below the city was looted. It was clear how undisciplined and out of control they were without a Sith lord to lead them, as the soldiers who had turned to the dark side committed acts that made the commanding officer of the invasion turn away in disgust, the events unfolding before him on the viewscreens of the command deck. Even though there was little resistence the man was losing his patience.

"This is taking too long." He turned to his underlings. "Move us into position to level everything." Before anyone could protest the killing of their forces he justified his orders. "If it takes this long to take over a pathetic backwater such as this they have no right to be Sith." Most of the other officers quietly made preperations, but one disagreed with the command and quietly left his post, attempting to sneak up on his commander. As he drew near, reaching for his vibroblade, the commander turned and fired once from his blaster pistol, the ugly scorch hole burning through the officer's chest, causing him to groan and slump to the floor. Without another glance the commander looked upon the Sith on the colony, wondering if they had any idea what was coming. If anyone else had any objections to his orders they were kept quiet, in light of this display of athority. A moment later powerful laser bolts begun hammering everything that was beneath them.

As the Panna colony was ravaged by the Sith, conflict was taking place elsewhere on Dantoine. The crack and hum of lightsabers mingled with the shuffle of feet and occasional grunts and heavy breathing from exertion. The flash of blue light clashed against the purple light in a bid to slice across, but it was not easy to get past someone wielding two of the weapons, even if they were a novice. Juhani swung her weapon low, aiming for her opponent's legs. This caught her foe off guard, and the Cathar Jedi was surprised that she managed to block it's path in time. The woman she was fighting against seemed surprised as well. Juhani lunged again, this time aiming for the body and pushing against the guard. This only made the woman she was fighting against push back and shove Juhani back several feet. The woman stepped back for a moment and Juhani studied her, trying to pick out a weak point. She watched the two weapons twirl in her hands, adjusting their position and where they would guard from, and chose this moment to attack. Seemingly waiting for this, her opponent backflipped away several times causing the Jedi guardian to pause, wondering what she had in mind now. One of the sabers dragging along the ground in a shower of sparks, the woman yelled with a vicious look on her face, trying to scare the alien female. But Juhani did not intimidate easily and knew, she just knew what was coming. The purple beam arched upwards, easily deflected away by Juhani's saber, and before her foe could come down with her other hand she delivered a kick to the stomach. Her opponent tried not to look as winded as the blow made her, and Juhani actually lowerd her guard a little wondering if she was all right. The woman smiled gamely and dropped one of her sabers, reaching back for her blaster rifle and firing wildly. Her aim was poor however and Juhani had little difficulty in deflecting the laser bolts.

Oh she's good, Jessie Nancallen thought. Like most of the Jedi she'd met, Juhani proved that she barely needed her protection. Still it made her feel good to be there for them if they were attacked. Focusing back on reality, Jess dropped the rifle and lashed out with the one lightsaber, swinging with such force that even though Juhani blocked it the blade pushed down and dangerously close to her. She struggled until she suddenly felt Jess stop pushing, before swinging up. Jess jumped back to give the two of them room, before swinging her lightsaber overhead. Juhani blocked the blow and striked at Jess, her attack stopped, and back and forth they went in what looked like a dazzling, deadly ballet. One would strike, have their attack blocked and then quickly have to stop the counterattack, deflect the blow and counter. As Juhani brought her lightsaber up to block Jess pushed against her. In a flash she dropped her weapon, grabbed Juhani's arm and twisted it behind her.

"Let me go," she hissed, not expecting this and her emotions getting the better of her in the heat of the battle. Jessie leaned in closer.

"Say uncle." She twisted harder and Juhani yelped, dropping her saber before Jess released her, moving to gather up the weapons.

"That was not smart," Juhani growled, her tone dangerous. "Were this not training your actions would see you dead."

"Well it was that or fight on the river, try and toss each other into the drink." Juhani just stared at her. "Hey, c'mon," she tried to reason, "you have your force powers. I need an edge if I'm to help."

"That is foolish." Juhani stopped herself before she added pride. Jess relented and handed Juhani her lightsaber.

"You're okay? I didn't hurt you?"

"No." Her tone was softer. "I just did not expect that."

"That's the beauty of it." Jess powered down her weapons clip the two sabers onto the belt of her powered battle armor.

"You would be throwing your life away by commiting such an act." Juhani was desperately trying to get through to the woman, and was heartened that the look on her face indicated that what she was saying was getting through.

"It may look like that, I know. We're trained in that sort of thing however." Jessie shrugged. "I appreciate your concern. Now, know anywhere good we can get something to eat, or should I hunt down a Kath hound?" Juhani looked at her for a moment, wondering if Jess was having a go at the way she was when she first met Revan. "Maybe some place off world, Manaan perhaps. At least the Sith still have some semblence of control there."

"Leaving for a time would be good," Juhani agreed, "but not Manaan." Jess nodded in agreement, if there was one thing worse than the Sith it was the Selkath. Still, she shrugged at the rejection, leading the Cathar along with her.

"I thought you were into fish," she said dismissively, the double meaning of the words going right over her companion's head.

Bish'nal moved through his kata with the grace and determination of the deadliest predators. His movements were sure, fluid moving in and out. His fist struck out and he breathed in deep the brisk Dantooine air as he moved into the next form. Something didn't feel right with his forms. Maybe he'd have Jessie help him out when she got back from whopping up on Juhani. She was amazing for someone who didn't touch the Force. Hopefully, she'd be in one of her good moods today.

Kaedra spoke softly, "Think of it as a protection. You are gifted Chakotay, truly. It is a stone of my people. Some say it has properties I think of it as the Force. It's helped out many times."

She looked at Chakotay with a pondering look before going on, "We are needed near the Panna colony. The Sith have attacked and I sense that a Jessie Nancallen requires all the help she can get on Dantooine."

*How do you...* he began, then saw the look in her eye. She's crazy... But he felt a compelling need to help her. It disturbed him deeply...

*Alright, we can use my ship. Let's go,* he said, leaving the cantina, abandoning his happy thoughts of a good drink, heading back to the Delta Flyer.

Jess was joking about hunting down and slaughtering a Kath hound for food. It wasn't as though she wasn't able to, Juhani knew that much. It was simply that Jess would have sensibly preferred a meal at some cantina, or raid emergency supplies before resorting to such measures. It was actually food that was the topic of their discussion as the two walked along, Jess picking at the tasty looking meat she carried in a silver tin.

"Something the Jedi might think is worth trying is sending a Padawan out on their own for a day, no food, no water, just a lightsaber to defend themselves and the robes on their back, then have some food laid out for them." Juhani resisted the urge to shake her head at something that seemed so preposterous. "I remember reading a story like that, it would help with their willpower and stamina, to be able to keep going. It may even show what type of person they are, light side and dark side and all."

"You would propose such torture?" Juhani wondered, amazed at the woman. "How would this act prove they walk the path of the light?"

"They choose not to take what doesn't belong to them. It has to do with temptation, what was the name of that story?" Jess shrugged, giving up remembering the title.

"That would go far beyond temptation. For them to deny them what they need to survive, and them expect them to pass by it is..." Juhani pondered how best to put it.

"Yeah, you're probably right," Jess agreed. "How many hundreds of years have the Jedi existed? They'd know better than I." She paused watching the training of one of the people she guessed was here in the event of a Sith attack go through his moves.

"Have you ever thought about becoming a Jedi?" Juhani wondered. "You could have gained their wisdom." Jess offered her food to Juhani, but she chose to reject it.

"Yeah, I thought about it. Still do. I think twelve year olds are considered too old though, and I'm even older than Revan when the Jedi took the former Sith Lord in for retraining, right?" Before Juhani could reply Jess quickly added "Uh, don't answer that. Anyway, I think I'm happier...no. Uh, I can help more as a soldier." Juhani wondered for a moment whether to question why she wouldn't be happy as a Jedi.

"Why do you think you would serve the Jedi better as a soldier?" Juhani asked, thinking that was the wiser of the two things to talk about.

"All you Jedi know how to swing one lightsaber more effectively than I can do two, use force powers rather than intimidation and physical force, and walk the light side better than I ever could." Juhani took in this comdemnation of herself and thought of a way to reply. "If I was a Jedi you would not be much diffirent," Jess continued around a bite of the meat and pasta she was devouring. "Change is good, as a soldier I can do things you Jedi are not, in all fairness, familiar with."

"Yes," Juhani said after a moment, "that is true." She tried not to let Jess' criticism show, but the truth was guns were not a Jedi's strong point, among other things. "But the Jedi do not require training in such areas."

"I could come in and use a saber like Exar Kun, force powers like Malek and walk the light path like Jedi Revan. Same as half a dozen Jedi, I'm sure. Look at this." She pointed at the man training hard. "I wasn't kidding in saying we train hard in this sort of thing."

"I can see that," Juhani told her. "I just wonder how much more you might be as a Jedi."

"If, if...if wishes were fishes the universe would be an ocean." With a look at Juhani she added "That's a prospect that would be particularly unappealing to you." The comment may have been in jest, but Juhani didn't find it all that amusing and took it in silence. "Well since it's not you don't have to worry about those damned Selkath," Jess offered, returning to her food and watching the man.

Amol stepped into the docks, the Delta Flyer gleaming in the dingy docking bay.

*C'mon, the beam point is over here,* he said, gesturing towards a point a few meters away from the hull. He stood there, Kaedra right behind him. He lifted a small comlink from his belt and spoke into it.

*Two for transport,* he said. For a moment, nothing happened. Then, both of them vanished in a wisp of shimmering blue light.

*Have a seat,* said Amol, walking over to the front of the ship, sitting down at the helm station. *And prepare for takeoff.*

"You think I am strange don't you," Kaedra spoke in her lilty voice to Chakotay, " I suppose you would considering that my people have spent millenia hidden from the Republic. I myself have spent the last seven years in Republic space."

Seeing that Chakotay was intent on flying the Delta Flyer she refrained from talking to him and instead pulled a small comm from her belt and spoke into it, "R4, nehat te malahat puen sutehut salhutate." (R4, take the Falcon's Cry to the spaceport Garang on Dantooine. Try not to be noticed)

Archived