Home

Vengence of the Republic

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bish'nal struck again, a punch, then a leg strike about shin high. The exercise he was practicing was from a military combat style, what some called Semper Fu, a joke on the Republic Marines battle cry. The art form combined many martial arts, taken from countless worlds and adjusted as needed. It was designed to take out the majority of alien species in a quick, effective manner. Why waste the effort of a front kick to the face, if they could block that and turn it against you? Why not just bantha stomp the crap out of their shin, possible breaking it and denying them moblitity? gotta love the Marines...

Stopping for a breather and some water, he brushed some of his pitch black hair back up and over his red bandana, tied in an Oriental headband. Blinking back sweat from his coal eyes, he drained the rest of his water and reached down for his towel and shirt, fading sun sending its light upon his shimmering body.

Putting the shirt on, he reached for the rest of his robes, throwing the outer tunic and cloak over his shoulder and looking out into the Dantooine fields, grass gently swaying in the soft breeze. Maybe next time, he'd catch Jessi and get that lesson.

Moving his neck back and forth, hearing the satisfying cracks, he started back toward the Enclave.

((Thanks. I just made it up using pronunciation of ancient Egyptian))

"I apologize but what do you want me to say?" asked Kaedra, "I've learned the hard way not to be so trusting about who you tell who you are."

Seeing that Chakotay was not convinced she then told about herself, "You know my name, Kaedra Ossus. I am an Avalonian from a system within the Unknown Regions of space. I served in the war against Malak after being trained in secret by a Jedi. After the war, I sought to find and protect the Jedi that were being hunted by the Exchange. For my actions I was exiled and have been wandering the galaxy just as you have.

"My people are gifted in the Force but not all are like your Jedi. Some are diplomats, some are artisans and some are teachers. Some have special abilities that are rare. What I told before, the gift of Sight, it is one such gift and is not connected in using the Force. This was the reason given to me about why my people remained hidden from the Republic for millenia. I hope that satisfies your curiousity," she ended and sat quietly studying her ship's trajectory patterns in the language of her people.

"Dantooine," Kaedra said not looking at Chakotay and still studying her datapad. She continued, "A Force Adept named Jessie Nancallen is there with a Jedi named Juhani. I believe they may be attacked by Sith forces. Every time I concentrate on her, a shadow comes across. Besides we need her help, the Panna colony is under attack, possibly to draw out the Jedi." She became silent and closed her eyes concentrating.

Juhani had taken a moment to head to the grove where she had ran to when she believed she had slain her master, leaving Jess wanting to make the journey alone. She thought about how she felt consumed by darkness, how she had affected the Kath hounds who killed a number of people who strayed from the enclave and those she had murdered for daring to draw too close. Finding the spot where she hid, Juhani knelt down to meditate. It was the Jedi and Revan who convinced her to turn away from the path she was on, but even with the best attempts of everyone around her the Cathar questioned if she was worthy of forgiveness, of being there for her should she fall to the dark side again. With Revan gone and the rest of the people she fought with against Malak having gone their seperate ways, Juhani felt alone. There were people at the enclave of course, Belaia, and Jessie. But they did not see her the way she was, and Jessie in particular did not appear all that understanding. She knew about it and sympathised, but that lack of understanding made all the diffirence. Juhani began to wonder if anyone could truely understand, having led the life she had. Such doubt began to eat at her, and her eyes flew open, deciding that this was perhaps not the best place to reflact on such memories. Climbing to her feet, Juhani wondered about discussing her thoughts with the masters back at the enclave. It would surely help, she was sure. With a final look around, Juhani began her journey back.

Jessie was thinking about finding some quiet place to reflect upon the day's events, or whatever it was that Jedi did, when she walked past Hyree Bishn'al. She just looked at him as though in some kind of a trance, the Republic commando wondering if the fight with Juhani was more exhausting than she realised, before trying to shake the cobwebs away.

"Hey, Jessi," he called out to the tall woman. He was amazed at how tall she was; of course, he wasn't exaclty the poster child for height himself. Noticing her look, he frowend thoughtfully. "Are you all right? Something up?"

He liked the tall Republic commando. Her no nonsense attitude, quick wit and killer (literaly) tactics were things he admired about her; he, literally, looked up to her ((sorry, couldn't help myself)). Even in all the battles he'd been in, and his body carried more than a few half healed wounds, he still enjoyed learning a few new tricks.

"Hmm?" Jessie asked, seeming to only notice Bishn'al just now. "Ah, shouldn't I be?" She took a seat by a concrete wall, pretty sure she was fine physically but wanted to sit for a moment anyway while appearing to bring herself to more the height of her adventuring companion. "I saw you training earlier. Quite impressive." She didn't want to admit that she didn't know who he was. "I wouldn't mind making that Bastila Shan think I'd break her arm if I was ever to spar with her." In truth just meeting her would be an achievement in itself as far as Jessie was concerned, much less fighting her.

"That will be fine," Kaedra replied,not really listening completely to everything, "R4 should have a speeder there by now." Then breaking off onto another train of thought, "Ah so you will wait to strike through someone else. Clever."

((I'm going to add in another character that I'll play. His name is Tergis and he fell to the darkside but most people not even the Jedi could sense it. He had a past with Kaedra during the war with Malak which can be revealled later. No nothing like love, more like best friends. He is from the same system as Kaedra and the same species but from the planet Mikkado. He is recognizable by Kaedra through a small tattoo on his right hand. His obession is creating an ultimate weapon of the Force and will use any means to get it.))

Tergis was watching Jessie talk to Bishn'al at the enclave. He was masking his presence from the Jedi by changing his emotions to reflect that of a settler. He desired most to take this human and turn her into a Sith fighter that would surpass any foot soldier. He had heard of her reputation and how she willingly turned from using the Force like the Jedi. Knowing that she was friends with Juhani and that Juhani had once touched the darkside, he decided to convert Juhani and have her do his dirty work for him. He was thinking such thoughts when he heard across the galaxy like a whisper, "Ah so you will wait to strike through someone else. Clever."

Angry he flashed his frustration back but he couldn't mask his pleasure, "Ah my sweet so you found me. Things couldn't have been more perfect until you decide to show up."

Back on the Delta Fyer, "Knowing that you succumbed to a lust for power and those who possess it, I would follow you just to prevent it."

"Still the arrogant and caring General of our people. The failure for me is yours. No longer will I be a servant of our people's foolish code and suffer beneath weakening teachings. Here you are searching and protecting the Jedi. They will all die my sweet and I will have victory and no broken Jedi like you will stop me."

"Perhaps. We shall see," and she broke off their connection. Sitting there she took no notice of the look Chakotay was giving her. Instead she said, the bay is coming up we should reduce thrusters."

Name: Kao

Species: Mandalorian

Sex: Male

Height: 6'7

Alignment: Jedi Guardian/Watchman

Equipment: Silver lightsaber, modified Mandalorian Blaster, Watchamn robes, Full Mandalorian Armor (Red)

Bio: One of the first "reborn" Jedi Watchman, Kao has mastered the ability of Force Stealth. Now as a protector of the Republic, he is being hunted down, but do to his abilities, he is hard to find.

Can i Join? If so....

Name: Aenon

Alignment: Light

Clothing: Ligt blue hooded robe with a white stripe going down the middle of the front and back. Thin layer of mandalorian chest plate under his robes.

Weapons: Double bladed light blue lightsaber (like darth mauls hilt)

Ship: The Serian

Appearence: White blonde hair, blue eyes, 6'0" http://www.abbyshot.com/newsletters/photos/sugg-sephiroth.jpg

Bio: Raised as a young boy, Aenon had an interest in the jedi, before he joined as a padawan he had learned how to lift objects and how to deflect blaster shots. Going to the academy he stepped up to the challenge and became a Jedi Knight at the top of his class, he soon was on the council and what was left of it after sith repeatedly killed jedi all over the galaxy. Aenon now stays in the krath hound caves getting along with them each day and extending his powers.(is it ok if hes on the council?)

**OOC: Yep, that's okay if you want him on the Jedi council. Standered rules apply, not to make the character all powerful and invincible. It's less of an action orientated RP (there'll still be plenty of that, so don't worry) and more a story based one, so I don't have a problem with it.

So Kao thought they didn't notice him. Kaedra had him in her sights the moment she boarded the Delta Fyer but chose not to say anything. Instead she remained in her seat as the Flyer approached the landing pad.

Silently she was thinking to herself about what the events could mean. She continued these thoughts before and after her "conversation'" with Tergis and chose to ignore evrything even the looks that Chakotay shot at her from time to time.

((Nancy Allen, what kind of plan? I don't intend on dying yet if you are thinking that. Maybe later I don't know))

Amol turned down the thrusters, and opened a channel to the docking authority.

*This is Dr. Preltar Sernt of the Delta Flyer,* he said. *Requesting clearance to dock in bay 2.*

"Delta Flyer, this is flight control," said a female voice on the other end. "YOu are not on the list of scheduled arrivals. A 250 credit fee is required for docking."

*Understood,* said Chakotay.

There was silence. "Delta Flyer, you are cleared for docking."

*Acknoiwledge.*

He guided the ship into a smooth landing in bay 2. Standing up, he turned to Kaedra. *By the way - on this planet, I'm known as Dr. Sernt,* he said. *Just an alias I adopted. Try not to forget it.*

"I would advise you not to be so rude about it 'Dr Sernt,'" Kaedra replied, "I understand that concept well especially those who try their best to hide."

She waited to follow Chakotay out of the ship pausing near Kao but didn't say anything. She pulled out her comm, "R4, nalhata puetehut." (We are here). R4 beeped his reply. Looking at Chakotay she said, "Dr., your speeder is just outside the hangar," and she smiled.

Tergis continued to watch Jessie with vested interest but made himself appear as if he were reading a datapad. He was still angry that Kaedra invaded his thoughts and was on to him. He had hated her ever since the war with Malak for doing what she did. He hated her worse than the council on Andorra who warned them to not interfere with Revan. He never wanted to forgive her ever but his hatred never clouded his judgment when it came to getting what he wanted. He knew that Kaedra would come which was why he sent that motely crew of Sith to the Panna colony. He was calculating the moment until they met face to face again.

Kao stepped off the exit ramp of the Delta Fyer. After stepping off, Kao sheds his Force Stealth, and looks at the crew of the Fyer.

"Thanks for the free lift. I appreciate it."

Kao then walks over to a bystander. Kao shows him a data-pad, and the Rodian, obviously knowing who Kao is, runs into his emporium, and returns moments later with a package. Kao thanks the Rodian and pays him 100 credits. Soon after, Kao opens the package.

"Ah, it seems Hulas came through after all. This will do nicely."

Kao holds up an Aratech X-303 High Grade Sniper Rifle. Kao heads around the corner to where the Delta Fyer's cargo was being unloaded. Kao searches for a minute, then finds the right container. He opens it, and everyone gets a surprise.

"Query: Do you need something to be killed, Master?"

"Actualy, HK, yes I do."

"Happy Answer: Oh thank you Master thank y-I mean, yes Master, anything Master."

"Take this Sniper and follow me. We've got Sith to kill."

"Affrimation: Roger that, Master. HK-47 is always ready to serve."

Kao and HK walk over to the crew of the Fyer. They eye him suspiciously. Kao turns to the pilot.

"I heard you needed a hand, so here I am. Kao and HK-47 are at your service."

((By the way it's Delta Flyer though I'm sure that it was just a typo like typing too fast))

"Yes and I'm sure the good doctor here doesn't like the idea that someone stowed aboard his ship," replied Kaedra with an amused smile, much to Chakotay's chagrin. She continued, "If you had just asked, R4 could have gotten you here in the Falcon's Cry with as little fuss."

R4 came beeping and warbling his beeps and whistles rather fast on the comm. Kaedra said, "Shukaran." (Thank you). Turning to the group she said, "Well the speeder's waiting. If the Doctor is willing, we should get going."

"She's here. I must work quickly," Tergis thought to himself. He decided to try a risky manuever. Filling his presence with dark energies he projected self doubting thoughts towards an unsuspecting Jessie. We'll see if you can stop me my sweet.

**OOC:

((Nancy Allen, what kind of plan? I don't intend on dying yet if you are thinking that. Maybe later I don't know))

No, nothing like that. I don't do that in RPs, unless players want to have their characters killed off in events that happen. Rest assured that I have a couple of storylines up my sleeve, and thanks to you a couple of surprises as well.**

"I know that..." Jessie was saying, pausing, before amending her words. "Like I'd ever be able to." Even if what she said about not being to defeat Bastila was true she had a strange feeling, like everything she had been doing was worth squat. She did have a resistence to force attacks but this one still got through. "Uh, you don't want to listen to me though. Huh?"

What the hell's wrong with me? Jess tried to wonder. For some reason she was suddenly plagued by thoughts of failing the Jedi, the Republic, her friends. In her state she could tell it was more than weariness from the day's events, there was something going on here. Could it have been some type of mental attack? A mental image of the torture Bastila was subjected to at the hands of Malek crept in, and that was more than she could stand.

"Where?" she growled, drawing her lightsaber, "Where are you?" There had to be something at work here, that was the only explanation for it.

((I'm sorry, work's kept me busy. I'm a Marine in Iraq, and can't always access a computer. Since I'll probably be accompanying Jessi, you have rights to my char if my absence takes too long to move the story))

Bish'nal smiled. She didn't recognize him, not suprising, he'd been trained that way, to be forgetful, it was a useful talent...just not one he appreciated right now.

"I don't mind listening; you should be proud of your prowess. I'm Hyree, by the way." At her sudden movement, Bish'nal snapped out his own lightsaber, crouching low. Some of his first battle experiances were with trained soldiers and he'd learned well from them. "what?" He inquired. "what do you sense?" sometimes, a honed warrior sense was more accurate than the Force.

Off in the distance Tergis was watching Jessie react to the feeling of self doubt that he planted. He marvelled at her ability to sense something was not right considering she did not follow the Jedi way. He decided to be even bolder and concetrated on bringing her worst fears brought to life, making them appear as if they were real. He continued to gaze at his datapad while concentrating and thinking to himself, "The dogmatic foolsof the Jedi and my people taught me well."

Waiting patiently for Chakotay to activate the transporter to the ship, Kaedra was struck by a cold feeling and realized that Tergis was using a power she knew well. She actually spoke aloud while conveying her thoughts to Tergis, You sangtathut! (bloodtraitor) You would try that on anyone if you running out of time just to get what you wanted!

Seeing that Chakotay and Kao were looking at her rather strangely, she said, "The darkside has permeated the courtyard of the enclave. The Sith attacked much quicker than I expected."

Hearing her frustration at him, Tergis smiled I always have a back door. I don't like to lose.

Archived