Home

Vengence of the Republic

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaedra ran lightly on her feet while producing no sound, a technique learned from her people,towards the speeder that R4 was with just outside the hangar and readied the engine. All could hear in her mind was Tergis's taunting words, I always have a back door my sweet. Do you think you can stop me or the gale that is coming?

"Tergis is close, I can sense him."

Immeadiately, thoughts begin pouring into Kao's head, the same thoughts that happened to Jessie. Kao immeadiately let the thoughts slide out of his mind. Th voice of Tergis appears in his mind now.

"You are different. I can't sense you at all, like you have been stripped of your life. Ho-" Tergis was cut off.

"That's the point Tergis, you can't sense me, but I can sense you."

Kao looked over at HK.

"You find him?" asks Kao.

"Affirmation: Yes, Master. He is 400 meters north-west of here. He is trying to cool his body to reduce his heat. He was almost immpossible to detect of thermal scaning."

"Good, now lets get him."

Kao and HK run over to the group.

"Tergis is sout-west of here, about 400 meters. We can still get to him in time and stop him if we move."

((Actually you aren't supposed to know too much about him. He operates from the shadows from the Evil spawned in the Unknown Regions. He only makes himself known when he wants to so all you see right now is what he makes you see. In fact, he could make himself be an unsuspecting poor settler. Kaedra reveals more about him as the story goes on))

Sensing that Kao was reaching out, Tergis projected a presence in an unsuspecting settler confusing the sensors he knew the droid would be using. He then left the enclave and headed towards his speeder but first leaving the fears of Jessie implanted into her mind. He was grinning as he taunted Kaedra, You can try to catch me but in the end I always win

No! Jessie's mind screamed, I am stronger than this! But even thinking this was difficult due to the dark thoughts that bombarded her senses. Once, while she was working to become a commando, she was sent to investigate the aftermath of a Sith assault on a Jedi temple. The slaughter of the Jedi knights had been bad enough, and there were some rather disturbing and grusome finds such as those that had been found crucified, and then there were those who had been subjected to tortures and acts that made Jess wonder if even the Sith would seek action for them. Somehow she doubted it. What really turned her stomach was, well, there were children there. Jedi Younglings were blasted to smoking skeletal corpses or ripped asounder by Dark Jedi. That memory Jessie thought she had locked away deep, but whoever the scum was that was doing this had found it. There were other things, worse things, too horrible for her to imagine, making her reach breaking point. She reared back with her lightsaber, preparing to throw it at where she thought the threat was, but paused, the thought occuring to her even now that she could hit anyone. That may have been what the intent behind this attack was, but she never thought of it. Instead she dropped the saber and curled up into a ball, not realising that by now most of the settlers around had noticed what was going on and had run to help. With all the pain that was being inflicted on Jessie one dark thought came to her, and it wasn't from the mental torture inflicted on her. She looked at the saber, wondering if she was that desperate to end the pain, and had to admit she was sorely tempted.

Your thoughts are disturbed and darkened. Do not obey the impulse Jessie. Listen to my voice and reach out with all your perceptions to find me. Follow the current towards me. Kaedra was reaching out through the Force. The damage had been done by Tergis but she was determined not to let him win. She continued as she guided the speeder towards the enclave, You have nothing to fear from me. I am coming to help you. Wipe the fear from your mind and let it become a scar that will protect the pain you felt when you saw the younglings. Wipe it away

"Huh?" Jessie thought, wondering if the torture that was being inflicted upon her was making her go crazy. Knowing what was going on helped though, and she tried to shut out her mind. Being a woman of no small emotion however made the task virtually impossible. In desperation she tried to recall the Jedi code for comfort. "There is...no emotion," she managed to get out, again reaching for her lightsaber, "there is peace." Her thoughts of suicide were gone for the moment, but Jess clutched the saber close so that in her fear she wouldn't use it on any of the settlers, or maybe Jedi that had come to her aid, yet still there should she need it.

There is something happening at the enclave. Juhani sensed this as she went past the Sandral estate. She didn't feel such a connection to Jessie that the Cathar could feel her through the Force, so there was no way to know it had anything to do with her. Something through the force made Juhani feel that it was something wrong, and seeing as how she was nearby she jumped off into a run to find out what was going on.

Kao reached out into Jessie's mind, hearing all her thoughts of suicide. He noticed Kaedra was trying to stop her, but the damage was too great. The Kao felt another presence, Juhani. Juhani and Kao were students at the enclave, and knew each other well. He sensed she was near.

The Speeder rounded another corner, and there in the distance was a large group of settlers. Kao reached out one more time, sensing that Jessie's thought of suicide was about to take her over.

"Kaedra, I have a plan."

"What is-"

Before she finishes, Kao jumps foward, using the force to speed him in the air. He is directly over Jessie and using the force, pulls the lightsaber away from her. Kao lands behind the settlers, and the speeder pulls up. Kaedra and the rest of the party come over to Jessie. In the distance, Juhani comes running towards us.

Kaedra had a look of concern on her face as she jumped out of the speeder and gazed at Jessie on the ground and tried to help her out. She was angry and she reflected it by sending a strongly worded thought to Tergis who actually had passed them in his speeder on his way to the Garang spaceport. She spoke softly in a voice tone that Chakotay and Kao hadn't heard before. It was almost musical, gentle, "Nela ti nehaden. Ni hara de nuen." (Don't be frightened. You are safe young one.)

Tergis had reached his ship when he felt the strongly worded thought from Kaedra. He smiled to himself knowing that things were going as planned. He contacted the fleet at the Panna colony and gave the order to declare martial law. He knew that Kaedra would follow him until he was stopped. He kept thinking Soon and very soon.

Young one? Jessie felt her thoughts clearing, but the mental attack have left her utterly exhausted and on the verge of breaking down. It took a moment for Juhani to comprehend seeing the Republic commando like this, but she was soon at her side.

"Water," she managed to croak out, all the while wishing that all the voices would get out of her head. Juhani didn't need the force to know something was wrong, and she could feel the dark work of whatever took place here. There would be time for questions later however. She saw Kao there as well, but now was not the time to be catching up. Later, she thought, once it had been ascertained what was done to Jessie.

"Help me get her to the enclave immediately," she ordered.

"He is gone assassin machine," Kaedra said to HK.

Kaedra began to ponder over the thoughts she interacted with when she tried to stave off disaster. She saw the pain and the death of younglings. Quickly she wiped these thoughts to the deep recesses of her mind and began to recite the proverbs of her people. While she was doing that she would gaze at times at Jessie as if trying to figure out what to do. She pondered over the source of the dark power and thought she knew where it came from but chose to remain silent. The time will come when she would tell everything.

Juhani looked at Jessie as she was taken to a room at the enclave, seeing that whatever was done to her had wiped her out, and more worrying that she seemed rather freaked out by it. In the time she had know her she cannot recall seeing her exhibit such emotions.

"What happened?" she asked, unsure of whether Jessie would be able to answer her.

"Get out." The comment didn't seem to be aimed at her, so Juhani didn't take offense to it at all. "Get out of my head." Her words made the Cathar guess what was done to Jessie, and she hoped she was wrong.

"I must give you my thanks," she said to Kao. "Do you think maybe this was the work of the Sith?"

"Yes," Kaedra softly spoke, "but one not like any Sith you have known.

"The one who did this was one of my people. He wants to kill me but he craves the power, power from one such as this one," she pointed towards Jessie, "and he doesn't care who gets in his way. Not even you Cathar Jedi."

She then fell silent, waiting for the question she knew would come.

The Panna colony had been looted and the settlers were rounded up. Tergis was watching with such glee, confident that his plans would not fail. He knew she would come and she would keep coming because he held what she had been looking for.

"You doubt us Cathar?" Juhani asked, striving for humor before she realised what she was saying. It was much something Jessie would say to throw others off balence, not something the Jedi thought she would do at all. By now they had reached Jessie's room, whom they would place in bed to rest. "The Sith are targeting Republic soldiers here to protect us?" Juhani asked, the flippent tone gone from her voice.

Kao and HK-47 walked the opposite way that Kaedra, Jessie and Juhani were going. Hk stopped and looked at Kao.

"Query: Something puzzeling you, Master? Do you need killing to be done?"

"No, HK. I'm just...refelcting, that's all." Kao replied.

"Affirmation: Yes, Master."

Kao walked down another hallway towards what looked like dormatories, or what was left of them. After Malak's bombardment of the enclave, this part was caved in. Kao use the Force to move a set of rocks infront of a door. He then entered.

"Query: Master, this was your housing section, was it not?"

"You are correct HK, very much correct." Kao said, with a slight appreciation in his voice.

Kao walked over to a terminal, and entered his password. Immeadiately, a large Plasteel cylinder opens up, and Kao goes to retrieve the contents inside - A Green Cerimonial Mandalorian armor. Kao donned the armor and removed an item from a side holster, a blue lightsaber, the infamous Mantle of the Force.

Kaedra thought briefly before replying, "They would if one was strong in the Force and could turn away from becoming a Jedi."

Taking a pause she continued, "Could you think of a better way to get to the Jedi? If you could convert those that protect the Jedi and place them undercover, they are in a perfect position to strike; from the shadows they would." Kaedra wasn't sure if she had revealled too much. The last time had earned her a beating from smugglers soon after she was exiled, an experience she wasn't anxious to repeat and she clamped her mouth shut anxiously.

Juhani nodded as she helped Jessie along, thinking about what she was told. To convert a Jedi to a Sith or a Sith to a Jedi was something she knew about, it was a topic commonly heard and discussed to the Cathar. There was no confusion over that. Where she did have questions was about the Sith attacking those who would defend the Jedi. Even that she understood, what made her think was the comment about those being strong in the Force being turned away from becoming a Jedi. Juhani wondered that Kaedra meant about that. She sensed however that maybe that topic was closed for the moment. Maybe it could be explained more fully with Jessie. The Jedi looked at the fallen soldier, who was moaning and mumbling to herself, but otherwise seemed fine. Juhani placed a hand on her shoulder, and it seemed as though Jessie calmed down, a little. With a little time she would be up to discussing what happened, or at least hearing the Jedi out about what she was told, Juhani hoped.

"We should probably discuss this with the Council," she suggested.

"Agreed," Kaedra replied, "but we do Jessie a disservice by not letting her speak before we speak to the council. I suggest meditation."

Tergis meanwhile was planning his next line of attack. He knew he caused enough damage to make them worry about the girl, the one he wanted to make his apprentice. The other, the one he served with was a course for his twisted pleasure in bringing death. All he could think was Soon my sweet. Soon

"Eh?" Pretty much everything that was said went right over Jessie's head. The expectent loom on the Jedi's face however compelled her to share her thoughts. "Unless you're going to Korriban to smash the Sith into the ground, I don't want to hear it. Otherwise..." She tried to get up, but it was clear she was far from ready to do anything. "Argh, ohhh."

"You should rest," Juhani suggested.

"Yeah." Jessie waved the Jedi off. "As I was saying, if you are going to take the fight to them, have fun."

**OOC: I think maybe Jessie was taken up on the suggestion of burning the Sith to the ground.**

"Fine, suit yourself," Jessie said testily. She collapsed onto the bed. "When you're ready, wake me up and if I feel like it I'll see the council." Juhani was used to her gruff manner, but she felt as though she should say something about Jessie's lack of respect to the Jedi.

Perhaps I should not be so hard on her, the Cathar wondered, after what happened. Hoping her mood would improve after rest, she joined Kaedra in meditation.

Archived