309 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you play as in KoTOR 3?

• Revan
    • Exile
    • A completely new character

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, i think it would be too hard to start you off as revan wouldnt it?

Unless it was along a similar theme, where revan had to travel aroudn 6 planets looking for the true sith/recruiting people to help him. But than that might feels a little too much like kotor1 and the star forge thing.

They could always have revan as a party member that you find? That way you travel as the new PC around a few planets recruiting peopel to help you in the search for revan, then you go and meet up with revan and join him in the fight against the true sith? But then that means giving him a voice, which might put people off. He would also need to wear his mask constantly to hide his face too.*

I wouldnt mind playing as revan again, but i think it might pose too many problems. How would they solve the problem of being level 1 again anyway?

I think i would personally like something along the lines of being recruited by the jedi order (which is being rebuilt, albiet slowly. Would be an excuse to bring back jolee for a bit-part as an old jedi ;) ). And the story would revolve around the jedi order trying to rebuild themselves to defend the galaxy against the new sith threat. Maybe even have the handmaiden/visas trainging jedi in an academy somewhere? (wasnt that the LS ending for k2?). But anyway, it could involve the jedi rebuilding their order, trying to build up ther number of jedi again to defand against the true sith, then you could either be sent/leave against their will to help revan/exile in the fight.

Having reven and the exiles fate shown in-game might be hard, maybe in one of the "big battles" scene against some of the true sith, you could see revan/exile fighting alongside other jedi.

Well, i totally went off on a tanget there, so i'll just stick with new PC as my answer ;)

*yes, i realise i referred to revan as "he" throughout this post :p

well, as the 'dark' Revan in K1 I killed off everyone in my party except (doh- mental block- whats her name ) in K3 it'd be nice if Revan and girly had baby and Revan trains baby to be like father, who then kills dad in climatic power struggle to be baddest baddie.

...who then has torrid affair with handmaiden and then K4

;)

Still not satisfied. And I'll never be, not until I hear a perfect reason as to why the story of Revan should not be finished by Revan, but instead with some third new face.
Because the vast majority of players want to play a new character for all the reasons specified.

OH MAN!!! NOT AGAIN!!! WHY, OH WHY!?!? Why would you want a baby in the story?? That leaves a very big time gap between TSL ans KoTOR 3.

LoL, considering the gap between the first 3 films, and the 'original' films (SW:ANH,ESB,ROTJ) it's not unreasonable. And to train an 8-15 year old (child) character would explain why your character starts with no experience points AND would bring in a new genre to the game.

I've thought about this some more, and I've come to thinking that a new character is the only way to go, at least for most of the game. I'd like to see Revan later on, when you're more powerful, so that him being a level 20 whatever makes sense. Hopefully he joins as a party member or maybe you use him for a certain task, something.

Well, the appearance issue could be circumvented by keeping Revan in his usual robes, mask and all. But that would probably annoy some players.
It would annoy me. Why would my light side Revan go back to wearing his Sith Lord robes? And forcing him to do so would probably lead to me feeling he is no longer my character.

LoL, considering the gap between the first 3 films, and the 'original' films (SW:ANH,ESB,ROTJ) it's not unreasonable. And to train an 8-15 year old (child) character would explain why your character starts with no experience points AND would bring in a new genre to the game.

Movies and video games are two very different things. You can make that kind of gap in a movie and tell the story properly, but it's a lot more difficult and less interesting to have it in a game. Why? Because, let's face it, most of the game we'll be playing as an adult, so why would we need to spend 1/8 (and probably less) of the game as a child? What's the point?

It would annoy me. Why would my light side Revan go back to wearing his Sith Lord robes? And forcing him to do so would probably lead to me feeling he is no longer my character.

Exactly, and that is the Prime reason why I said what I said! ;)

I likely will need to pay some serious Pun Tax on this one! :xp:

Movies and video games are two very different things. You can make that kind of gap in a movie and tell the story properly, but it's a lot more difficult and less interesting to have it in a game. Why? Because, let's face it, most of the game we'll be playing as an adult, so why would we need to spend 1/8 (and probably less) of the game as a child? What's the point?

I suppose so, but as I've treated both k1 and k2 as seperate games with no connection to each other I was just assuming the same for the next game.

Besides, I have no intention of buying the next one until I play K2 with the restorations as I don't want to be disappointed again.

I am sure it will be finished within a time known as "soon" :D

@Lord_MalaKdoggk: How do you treat them as separate games with all the threads running between the two, linking them? Just curious to know how :)

It's all in MY head, but I could never get past re-using the ship.

Archived