Who do you want to play as in KoTOR 3?

igyman

Who will you play as in KoTOR 3?  

309 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you play as in KoTOR 3?

• Revan
    • Exile
    • A completely new character

I think a new character is the way to go. The new character should tie in both Kotor1 and Kotor2. In my opinion, this could be done by making the new character the offspring of either Revan and Bastila or Revan and Carth depending on whether you chose to play as a male or as a female. Since all the Jedi masters are dead except for Atris (and she is deranged), the offspring would be sent off to find the Exile for training in the ways of the force.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new character. While I'd like to see Revan return (not sure about the Exile, haven't played TSL much), they'd have to power him down, and the story they'd have to come up with to power him down would probably be stupid. And he can't be a NPC... He's you.

You know, I was thinking, what if you could be Revan, the Exile, and a completley new character. Like you would start and finish the game off as a new character, but after you did that, it would be possible to play as either Revan or the Exile in a completley differn't story line until (if this even happens in the game) Revan or the Exile meet the new character. I think it would be pretty cool, and you would have 3 differn't story lines and multiple endings. What do you guys think?

It might be possible to play all three parts at different points in the game. Remember in Kotor2 on Telos when you as the Exile became B-4D4 in order to enter the Czerka mainframe to get the dirt on Jana Lorso? Portions of the Kotor3 game could be designed to allow you to also play Revan and the Exile for their respective roles in advancing the story.

You know, I was thinking, what if you could be Revan, the Exile, and a completley new character. Like you would start and finish the game off as a new character, but after you did that, it would be possible to play as either Revan or the Exile in a completley differn't story line until (if this even happens in the game) Revan or the Exile meet the new character. I think it would be pretty cool, and you would have 3 differn't story lines and multiple endings. What do you guys think?
Way too much effort/cost to create that kind of game. And it isn't much fun to build up a character only to have to play with another one for the rest of the game. Better to develop a more in indepth story for one character.

That's an even more subjective way of looking at things than mine (Revan all the way). When thinking of a new character you have to consider all the possibilities from TSL. Revan and Exile could have been males, or females, Sith Lords, or Jedi Masters. Until an official chronicle, or something is released we can only speculate on which combination of events is the right one.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted for Revan,because it would be cool to have a master force user as a main character.In Kotor and Kotor TSL I understood why they were so weak at the begining, but now they are going after the real Sith and if your new enemies are comming to kill you what are you going to do? kill them with a Bothan stunner,no,we are going to kill them with Revan or the Exile. :vadar:

... but now they are going after the real Sith and if your new enemies are comming to kill you what are you going to do? kill them with a Bothan stunner,no,we are going to kill them with Revan or the Exile. :vadar:

Exactly, though the main character will, one way, or the other, have to be reverted to level 1. Otherwise, what's the point of playing the game from the beginning with a level 50 (or so) character?

When thinking of a new character you have to consider all the possibilities from TSL.
Not necessarily. There is nothing to say K3 has to have much if anything to do with the first games. Revan and the Exile could be mentioned in passing, without having them form the basis of a new story.

Not necesarly Revan could start at level 20 or 25.
But that would kill most or all of the character development. And going to levels much higher than that is just munchkinism.

Still not satisfied. And I'll never be, not until I hear a perfect reason as to why the story of Revan should not be finished by Revan, but instead with some third new face.

Okay then. If it is a new Character, he/she could learn about Revan and then have dreams (visions) about him/her. It will show Revan doing things. If you meet him/her at the end, he/she can tell your new Character everything.

Archived