Home

Psychonauts Saved Game Editor - A New Program

Benny

Well it can modify the model thats displayed. For example:

saved.Inventory.BV.LadderPainting.Editables - the value of that item is:

self.meshName = 'Levels/BV_BlackVelvetopia/Props/BV_ladderpainting.plb' self.sPaintingType = 'Ladder' self.bSold = '1'

This is the mesh thats used to display the Ladder in your inventory. If I was to change the value of this to:

self.meshName = 'Characters/CharacterProps/MM_RollingPin.plb' self.sPaintingType = 'Ladder' self.bSold = '1'

Then it would appear as the rolling pin instead.

Well it can modify the model thats displayed. For example:

saved.Inventory.BV.LadderPainting.Editables - the value of that item is:

self.meshName = 'Levels/BV_BlackVelvetopia/Props/BV_ladderpainting.plb' self.sPaintingType = 'Ladder' self.bSold = '1'

This is the mesh thats used to display the Ladder in your inventory. If I was to change the value of this to:

self.meshName = 'Characters/CharacterProps/MM_RollingPin.plb' self.sPaintingType = 'Ladder' self.bSold = '1'

Then it would appear as the rolling pin instead.

...wow. That gives me like, a hundred ideas right there. Looks like I might have to invest in a PC version.

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant! This little program saved my game!! I was halfway through completing the end baddies for the second time when I decided to go back and collect all the figments... When I entered the Meat Circus though, all I could do was go back to fighting the baddies. Extremely frustrating! Luckily I changed the location of the save to the one place I needed to be: Meat Circus - Tent City, so I could trade in my figments and get 100 Rank!

Thanks Benny!

Hi everyone, i'm new in this huge community and i wanted to help in my way and i did that : An almost complete filelist for Psychonauts Saved Game Editor.

Bgbennyboy, the author of that cool program, will include my list the next time.

For the moment, i don't have found the "On/Off" variable for the pyrokinesis and other stuff you'll see by yourself.

So please help us by finding yourself some new cool/usefull variables.

Here's the list of the last version :

• [GAME] Change the number of lives
  • [GAME] Change the MAX number of lives
  • [GAME] Change the MAX value of health
  • [GAME] Change the rank
  • [GAME] Change the number of figment points
  • [GAME] Change the number of arrowheads
  • [GAME] Change the color of the Psi Ball (red, green, blue, etc...)
  • [Power] PsiBlast On/Off
  • --> Change the current number of ammo [PsiBlast]
  • --> Change the MAX number of ammo [PsiBlast]
  • [Power] Clairvoyance On/Off
  • [Power] Invisibility On (2) / Off (0)
  • [Power] Telekinesis On (2) /Off (0)
  • [Power] Shield On/Off
  • [Power] Levitation On/Off
  • [Power] Confusion On/Off
  • --> Change the current number of ammo [Confusion]
  • --> Change the MAX number of ammo [Confusion]
  • [inventory] Give the Mental Magnet
  • [inventory] Give the Cobweb Duster
  • [TIPS] Hide/Show the counter [Confusion Ammo]
  • [TIPS] Hide/Show the counter [Max Lives]
  • [TIPS] Hide/Show the counter [Health]
  • [TIPS] Hide/Show the counter [Max Ammo]
  • [TIPS] Hide/Show the counter [Mental live]

To some variables, you should use 2 to activate a power instead of 1 as usual. To these ones, it's has been noticed in the list.

P.S: The file is here : http://nuklaire.free.fr/PsychoautsSavedGameEditor.ini

Hope you could find next great ones, thanks.

I've merged this thread with my original one.

To anyone unsure what bosam is referring to, an explanation:

The saved game editor has a 'quick tasks' menu that allows you to quickly jump to specific settings, as you can see in this screenshot. By editing the .ini file that comes with the program you can add other entries to this list - this is what bosam has done. Read the ReadMe for more information on how to do this.

I've merged this thread with my original one.
Sure, I hope old visitors will come again here to see what's up :ears1:

Like you said, that could be possible to change the mesh from one object to another one, i'm on it to get any funny modification. Let's get your explorer version for Psychonauts for now.

And it's even possible to modify the old/current statistics from each level in case you forgot some figments, cobwebs, vaults and more...

According to some variables, it's also possible to set cinematics or moment (like tutorials) off/ on but from my guess, i don't see the use; that's something similar and usefull to the game's leveler and designer.

I shall finish the game before i'll do all these things, so, afterward, stay tuned :smash: .

P.S: The filelist idea born when i had to buy a cobweb duster and i only had ~600 arrowheads and ,as lazy ass, (lol) i found the matched variable and let's roll :p

That's it, i've finished the game, the end truely makes me thinking and deeply waiting for a second episode !

Otherwise, I've seen about meshes and i don't figure how find these things (these which are concerned in the savegame file) out with the explorer. I'll better quit that part up.

Nobody seems to be regardfull about what's going on there, that's sad; that game deserves to be modded and explored on all its possible ways.

To my own, i'll fully finish the game later, now it's time to get some rest ^^

Archived