Home

PS3, PS3! Wherefore art thou Sony PS3?

Char Ell

When will Sony release the PS3 in North America?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. When will Sony release the PS3 in North America?

• Q2 2006 (April-June)
    • Q3 2006 (July-September)
    • Q4 2006 (October-December)
    • Q1 2007 (January-March) or later
    • The PS3 will never make it to market

^^^

Really? I for one will be surprised if this news turns out to be true. I thought for sure Sony would find a way to get the PS3 to the North American market by late November, early December.

Sony Computer Entertainment President Ken Kutaragi is supposed to address the PS3 issue at some Sony-sponsored meeting tomorrow so we'll see what officially comes out then.

... seeing as their console is harder to manufacter than the 360 is...

Ive had a look at the ps3 specs, the reason because of the delay is because of a secret ingredient in the manufacture process :

[align=center]LOVE :)[/align]

November is no biggy for me, more time to save for it. Though I wont be buying it on first release, unless it launches with a Final Fantasy title, SW Flight sim or BioWare RPG! (all of which is highly unlikely)

mtfbwya

Nope, it's been confirmed, November. Plus it's a worldwide release as I expected Sony would do to combat the Xbox360. Let's see if they can keep their promises though seeing as their console is harder to manufacter than the 360 is...

<IGN report>

<MSNBC report>

OK. That makes more sense to me but while I wondered if Sony would do a "worldwide" launch I didn't think it likely since they hadn't done it before. IMO Sony is pretty much forced into a multi-region launch in order to avoid missing the year-end holiday sales season. But yeah, I agree that they better have all their manufacturing ducks in a row in order to produce 6 million PS3's by the end of the year because that is a tall order, to say the least.

I would say sorry about Australia not being included in the "worldwide" launch of the PS3, Lynk Former, but I didn't think you were planning on buying one anyway. :indif:

Ive had a look at the ps3 specs, the reason because of the delay is because of a secret ingredient in the manufacture process :

LOVE

:)

:rofl: Yeah, it's all about the love man!

Astro, don't expect Australia to get it in November, remember we're not important ;)

*You said worldwide release ! So worldwide really means only = US/UK/JPN :D lolz. we obviously arent important hehe !!

*No matter, perhaps by the time we get it here they may iron some bugs out, if there are any, which is likely :D

mtfbwya

Archived