Home

How Do Calo Nord And Twin Suns Survive?

Diego Varen

Darth Vaders Tie Advanced X1 Prototype had Shields and a Hyperdrive.

But the ship was spinning out of control. It would be foolish to jump to hyperspace in a ship that couldn't even fly straight.

It clearly straightens out in the movie, Vader is a good pilot you know. :dozey: -RH

Escape Pods are not registered regularly as combattant craft during battle, remember that they had to be manually selected and targeted in ANH, and since Grevious would have no real life-signs (Cyborgs don't) and no one wastes a shot on an empty pod (ANH), Snidely "Grevious" Whiplash gets to escape. :xp:

Some of Grievous' internal organs and his brain are still intact. That would send a signal.

Nope, the presence of a few living organs doesn't read over the machinery surrounding them. Full conversion cyborgs like Grevious would reradily read as droids or not at all as the life readings are far to small to read. Especially in a combat environment where your ships sensor arrays would be primarily focused on maintaining target locks on enemy capital ships and fighters, not scanning every escape pod for Snidely "Grevious" Whiplash making his dastardly escape. ;) -RH

The Harbringer never was shown as being destroyed.

It was never shown, yes, but that explosion destroyed the mining facility, which was much larger than the Harbinger, and Sion couldn't have punched in the hyperspace coordinates to some other planet within a few seconds.

The ship was a combat vessel and had shields that could easily handle area explosive forces like that, while violent, the only hazard they would have caused was the particulate matter turned into projectiles, but particle shielding in Star Wars is quite impressive, even in KotOR. -RH

They cast her out, Kreia's suffering was more valuable to them.

It was intended for Kreia to be killed, though. On the Harbinger, Sion seems surprised that she's still alive, and in some cut content, he says "There is more. Darth Traya yet lives. You did not kill her as you assumed."

First off, cut content doesn't count for arguments. Cut-content isn't real content. It has no bearing on the story at all that is why it was cut.

Second, Sion and Nihilus would not have killed Kreia. It was shown in the game that they stripped her of her powers and cast her out, this was a far more fitting punishment to them than death was. They wanted her to see her failure, only then could her failure be complete. ;) -RH

As for how the Suns and Calo survived, I think that Calo had his own ship in Davik's estate, and used it to outrun the blockade. Yes, the auto-targeting laser cannons could shoot down any ship, but there were probably so many vessels fleeing Taris that they provided cover for Calo. And the Suns do say "You should tell your companion he should strike to kill, not to wound." That implies that Atton was obviously not trying to kill them.

I answered in your post ED to not take this thread any more off topic, if you want to discuss this further then creating a thread in Ahto or in the Movie/EU Forums might be a better place for this. :D -RH

As for the Twin Suns. It's possible that they have implants similar to Canderous. Remember in KOTOR, he does say his implants can revive him in order to play dead to save the crew after they've been captured. Since the Twin Suns are bounty huntresses, it is possible that they had implants as well.

Implants? You mean their lekkus and boobiees are fake? o.O

That aside, I don't think they have such combat-heavy implants. Twin Suns are not like Candie the Shock Trooper.

Well, I think they die during the G0T0 incident though, a pity.

I would say that he made it up.

Yes, sometimes my delusional mind spits incoherant poodoo.

About the plot hole:

I just assumed that all turrets and cannons would have been given Malak's order to fire on the planet. Yes, Calo was an exceptional pilot.

Too bad I (Revan) had to kill him.

Nice fill Zadi. Thank you.

About Fett and the Sarlaac:

I believe it's book (1) of the Bounty Hunters series that begins at the aftermath of Jabba's death at the Pit of Carcoon. It's really interesting to experience what exactly happens in the belly of a Sarlaac.

It's not just physically that you are digested. Your mind and sanity are also digested over many years. Also, those that have gone before you aren't exactly gone either. You have to read to believe.

Note to self:

If ever eaten by a Sarlaac, make sure to wear my jet-pac.

...sounds like a grim version of tentacle hentai to me...

I always wonder though... can Sarlaac preserve a species beyond its expacted lifespan??

OK, back to topic... We can confirm that Nord is dead in the end, but we don't know if the Tin Suns are just "wounded" in the fight on G0T0's ship.

Technically they got wasted when the ship goes boom, but as said, "the fat one" himself escapes.

Archived