Home

KOTOR III: The Price of Power

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Senyo shuddered as his shield sputtered, and went out. Damn Force. he thought, figuring that was the only way he could have been forced out of stealth.

"Ah, screw you, old man. This thing's hardly a ship anymore. I doubt it'll fly even if you manage to repair it." Senyo hardly cared who he was speaking to. If Revan is as great as they all say he is, then let's see him try and stop me.

HK-47 walked towards the man, still powering up the shields. "Query: Thank you for the parts back, greasy one," he said, reaching through the crimson shield into the man's bag. He pulled out the parts and walked away, leaving the man suspended.

He walked to Revan, handing him the bag. "Statement: I suggest blasting the meatbag now to save you the trouble, Master."

"Hey! Give those back you bucket of bolts! It's not like you're gonna use 'em or anything! I need those to get off this damn planet!" Senyo was able to, miraculously, turn himself round so he was now facing the others. Though he found he was still suspended and still paralyzed. "And you can let me go while you're at it." he looked over the droid which, while still obviously functional, was also obviously out-of-date and battered. I got caught by that thing???

Tysy strode up to Senyo. "Let him go," she said firmly, an edge in her voice.

"Even though the late Exile helped things along by supporting the Khoonda

militia against a band of rogue mercenaries, things on Dantooine aren't perfect.

Lots of people want to get off, but they don't have the means to do so."

"He's a bandit," snarled Mira, "and he won't be getting away with stealing parts

off of what must be the most famous ship in the galaxy by now." She drew her

saber. "You're going straight to a Force Cage, as soon as I get you down."

Tysy's gut gave a wrench. "No, you won't." She quickly cast a slight version

of Force Breach, and the "parts pirate" landed unceremoniously in a heap.

"Run!" she cried. "It was just a stupid component, not the whole ship!

Not worth a Force cage, at least!" She noticed Mira glaring harshly at her.

Senyo rolled backwards, landing on the balls of his feet, a surprised look on his face. Did...did she just free me?

"Run!" she cried.

He needn't be told twice. He stood, pausing a moment to say, "Thanks." And with that, charged in a flat-out run. Not before nicking a hanging peice he had half-yanked earlier, of course.

First she heals me, then she frees me, directly disobeying her master. He cast a glance over his shoulder at the woman. What's with that?

"Threat: Jedi.. Jedi.. You should not have done that.. Jedi. He was my kill. And my protocols are still functional. I've killed many Jedi in my time.. And you definately won't be the last," he said, drawing out his two Zabrak Blaster Rifles, aiming them both at her. He fired a hail of lasers at her, the Jedi rolling perfectly out of the way and deflecting a few others, lightsaber drawn.

Before Tysy could duel him, however, her light green Consular's lightsaber

drawn, she froze, a Stasis statue. Sentinel Mira had indeed learned the

ways of the Force, and quite well. The red-haired spitfire strode boldly

up to Tysy, gently sliding the lightsaber hilt out of her right hand.

Tysy was not the only one affected by Stasis, however. HK was, too.

"Not so fast, droid," snapped Mira. "Or Tysy. You're coming with me."

After being released from Stasis, the young Jedi student found herself

being restrained with a Force collar behind Mira. She felt tired, drained.

"I can't believe this. I thought Briahna and I had taught you well enough

that you'd avoid aiding and abetting a thief, but we should have known

better. You should have known better, Padawan. Atton--advice here?"

"No Force Cage for her," said Atton Rand. "Exile, maybe. Of course, speaking

of the Exile, maybe we should give her a break. There was a funeral today,

you know." He ruffled his hand through his jet-black hair, putting it in place.

"Padawan or not," mused Briahna, also known as the Handmaiden, "we should

let her face the full consequences of her actions. Consider her an accessory."

Tysy raised her head. "Please--don't put me in a Force Cage--I'm sorry!"

"You are banished," Sentinel Mira said, "until such time as you have made full

restitution for the ship component that the thief you helped happened to steal.

Seven hundred credits, Tysy. I presume you don't have that much with you?"

Tysy shook her head sadly. "No. I accept exile, and I'll pay you back."

"Turn back toward the Light Side," said the Handmaiden, "through honest labor."

Tysy nodded, bowed low, and then turned to leave the Enclave.

"For this...I can give you around 550 credits."

"WHAT?" Senyo blared in the twi'lek merchant's face. "550 credits?! You have got to be kidding me! This is prime stuff!"

"I'm sorry, sir, but these items a rather out-of-date, and they aren't in the best shape. You're lucky that I'm giving you anything for them at all."

Senyo slapped his hand down on the counter. 550 credits was no where near where he expected. Nor was it near the amount needed to buy a ticket off the planet. But it was better than nothing.

"Fine, whatever. 550 it is."

- - - -

Senyo stolled out of the shop, the credits tucked safely away in his pocket. He figured that he might've cut it close, selling off the salvage so close to the Enclave, but he also thought that having the Masters chase after him was a stretch too. Not after that trainee had disobeyed direct orders.

Speak of the devil. he thought as he looked up. It was her, the woman who had helped him escape.

Biting his lip, and deciding against his better judgement, he jogged up to her. "Hey! Look...I hope I didn't get you into any trouble with...the Master guys."

HK-47 broke free from the Stasis he was put in. He put away the weapons. "Mumbled statement: Stupid meatbag.." He said, heading back to the ship. "Weary Resignation: I will work on this ship, to try and see if it will be.. skybound again."

He walked up the loading ramp and into the ship. He stopped for a second and turned around. "Command: Come with me T3. Don't you know? Trash compactors always come first."

T3-M4 let out a few hesitant beeps and whirrs before walking inside before HK-47. He headed inside after the droid.

"I did get in trouble," said Tysy humbly, "but to me, Sentinel Mira and

the others did not act like true Masters should in that situation. They

should have asked you why you wanted to get off Dantooine so badly,

and then they might have helped, depending on your reasons." The

young Padawan looked at the "parts pirate", her gaze bold yet friendly.

"I would rather have saved you and disobeyed my Masters than let them

put you in a Force cage. Certainly they should have known that there is

intent behind every true crime, and they needed to find out that intent.

"As for me, I am exiled, banished from the Enclave, until I can pay

back what that ship part was worth in full. I must find work, but I

don't know who on this planet would trust a Jedi again, after what

Darth Malak did to them. The past may be the past, but..."

"Evil?" asked Sentinel Mira, turning to Revan. "What would you have

done? Let him go, set him free, as Tysy did, with the stolen parts?"

(P.S. Good night, everybody, and business trip tomorrow! :))

((Peace))

HK-47 turned back around. "Statement: Oh, that will not be necessary Master." He looked inside then back to Revan, " Statement: It needs a new hyperdrive, some new components.. the workbench was destroyed.. and the swoop bike demolished the.. garage," he said, listening to some beeps and whirrs from within the ship. "Weary Resignation: And the command console was destroyed in landing. Completely fixable.. but we just need some.. new material."

"Revan is correct. For an act of mercy can touch even the most hidden parts of a person," Bastilla tried to assuage Tysy. She had remembered what Revan did during their time together trying to stop Malak. Turning to Revan she said, "The ship can be repaired. T3 fixed it once before. He has been there ever since Taris. Maybe Tysy would like to help?"

"No, I wouldnt've. He is a criminal. He shouldntv'e gotten away with the parts, but if you exile this person, who has seemed to save my life. . . You are exiling Revan himself too!" Revan shouted and turned to Mira. "It's all or none." He said. "You're choice."

Mira nodded. "You are indeed right," she conceded, turning to Bastila. "I'll

send a message to my Padawan through the Force, and maybe we both can

forgive each other. That, after all, is the way of the Jedi." She closed her eyes.

"Wait," Tysy said to the "parts pirate", Senyo. "Sentinel Mira--I feel her

presence within my mind. It's quite faint, but she says I am no longer exiled,

and she wants to know if I'd like to help rebuild the Ebon Hawk. My

repair skills aren't the best, but I can at least try and polish the components

that are still fixable. I'm also good at Computer Use, so maybe I can test the

command console once we're all done and ready to see if she'll fly again."

A glad smile. "Come on! Mira says you're welcome to come along, if you'd like.

If the Hawk can fly again, maybe you'll have a chance of getting off

Dantooine. Maybe we all will, because I'm longing for a chance of scenery

myself." With a happy twirl, she began to walk back towards the Enclave.

(See you later, after my business trip!) :)

"Actually," Sentinel Mira said, turning toward the other man and his

Twi'lek companion, "I'll let you have it for free. If you can fix her,

you can have her. The Ebon Hawk is at least 20 years old,

and no ship that I know of that's THAT old is even spaceworthy."

After been given the Ebon Hawk, the two men checked the ship's inside out.

"I wonder when we'll face the catch" Said Fin to his partner."Think you can fix this?"

"Yep. It looks alot worse than it is, give me two days, three tops. What are we going to do with our transport?" Asked Zeek

"Give it back to Outer-rimm transports so we don't have to pay monthly. I still wouldn't mind knowing what our catch is."Fin

"We could take all the parts we need from our transport ship. We'll pay them back later. We should get a move on."Zeek.

Mira nodded. "You are indeed right," she conceded, turning to Bastila. "I'll

send a message to my Padawan through the Force, and maybe we both can

forgive each other. That, after all, is the way of the Jedi." She closed her eyes.

"That is the right thing. Revan and Jolee showed me that not all the Jedi were perfect. Revan you also showed that mercy does help people. Remember Mission's brother? Even though he was a scoundrel, you helped him. Often things like that are not lost on people. You told me about Mekel and how you convinced him to leave Korriban in spite of all the evil things he did. You saved me from myself. Do you remember?" Bastilla knew that Revan may be confused and gently prodded memories hoping that he would remember.

Senyo watched off after her, debating with himself. If he went back, it could be a trap and that red-headed schutta might try and lock him up. On the other hand, if the Jedi girl wasn't trying to trick him, and if they did manage to fix this Ebon Hawk, then perhaps he could get off this sleep-away planet.

A lot of 'if's. he thought to himself. He turned his back away from the Enclave, and proceeded down the path...then stopped, casting a look over his shoulder.

"Oh hell." he mumbled, and ran after her. I'm probably going to live to regret this.

Archived