Home

KOTOR III: The Price of Power

"Hmm. Senyo," murmured Tysyacha, "my guess is that perhaps you're right,

but the Ebon Hawk is not an empty shell of what she once was. Not

yet." She placed both of her palms on the cooling metal of the ship's hull.

"No machine has ever been sensitive to the Force, but I think that in order

for the Hawk to last this long--I--I don't know. She's almost immortal!"

A short time later, she sought out Revan's sleeping quarters inside the

Enclave. "How is he?" she asked Bastila and Master Visas, who were

both watching over him. "Are his vital signs okay?" Revan. Talk

about being immortal! This was the hero of the Mandalorian Wars, the

Dark Lord of the Sith, and then a Jedi Knight reborn. A demigod among men.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He started to work on the ship again as the Twi'lek and the Man exited the ship. "Query: Are you hogging the hydrospanners?" He heard a few beeps and blips.

"Weary statement: *Sigh* Fine, I'll take that one.. but you should keep in mind, the only reason i'm not blasting you right now is because you're cute. In a non-linear.. sort of way."

He heard what sounded like a raspberry from T3. He shrugged it off and kept on working, tightening a loose nut on a nearby console, then slipping in a new keypad.

Senyo hung back in the hallway as the Jedi conversed about their hero.

What am I doing here?he thought to himself, folding his arms across his chest, and staring down at the ground. These are the halls of the Jedi, no place for a vagabond like me.

He glanced up at Tysy, his mind turning to the woman's strange actions. A Jedi who helps a criminal get away? Risks Exile by disobeying her masters, just because they didn't 'act like Jedi' for half a minute? He held back a snort, resisting the urge to shake his head. He didn't believe it. And yet, she didn't seem like that bad of a sort...not like all the other Jedi he had had the misfortune to come across. But still, she had called him by name a few minutes before, and he never remembered telling her that particular bit of information.

Why did I have to go and steal parts off that ship and get caught up in this? Damn it, I just wanted to get back to Nar Shadaa!!

Bastilla left Revan to sleep and ponder what had just happened when she chanced upon Senyo. Feeling kindness she walked up to Senyo and said, "All are welcome at a Jedi enclave. They are places of mentl and spiritual healing. Maybe you should stay and wait. I know you wish to get to NarShadaa but maybe you might find what you are looking for here."

"Thanks, but no thanks, lady." he said, brushing off her welcoming comments and tone with his pissed-off attitude as he turned away from her. "You can keep your dusty halls and holocrons. I'd take the life of a hustler on the Scoundrel's Moon than stay here among all your 'codes' and 'legends'.

With that, he started off down the corridor, leaving a bewildered Bastila in his wake.

Heh, no matter how they act, they're all the same. Greet you nicely while studying your every move and expression, trying to find hidden meaning in your words. Offer for you to stay, if only to study you more. Pretend to be friendly while digging inside your mind for your thoughts and feelings. Nothing but a whole bunch of liars and hypocrites. Well, screw them. Screw the whole lot of them!

"Statement: No need to. We have a mechanic and two droid, including me, already working on it," he said, pushing his way past the man, leaning down to work on a nearby faulty cord.

He turned around and watched the men, "Aggravated Statement: *Sigh* You meatbags are still here?"

"You have a room in here witch is so unstable that theres a good chance it'll implode if it reaches space. Thats if you make it into space with the weak hull" Said the man "And sure you could proberly fix this in a week or two. But have you thought of all this is cost. Quite a bit really. That means less money to spend on more important things like repair and upgrades for yourself. I'll make you a deal. Let me speak with the captain of this ship and then we'll be out of your face for good."

"Thanks, but no thanks, lady." he said, brushing off her welcoming comments and tone with his pissed-off attitude as he turned away from her. "You can keep your dusty halls and holocrons. I'd take the life of a hustler on the Scoundrel's Moon than stay here among all your 'codes' and 'legends'.

With that, he started off down the corridor, leaving a bewildered Bastila in his wake.

Heh, no matter how they act, they're all the same. Greet you nicely while studying your every move and expression, trying to find hidden meaning in your words. Offer for you to stay, if only to study you more. Pretend to be friendly while digging inside your mind for your thoughts and feelings. Nothing but a whole bunch of liars and hypocrites. Well, screw them. Screw the whole lot of them!

Bastilla followed and said, "You have every reasoon for distrust but you should take an opportunity when it comes to you. She risked exile so that you may be saved. Remember that which I'm sure you do."

Senyo stopped in his tracks, looking down at the floor at the Jedi's words. His fist clenched, his gloved fingers digging through the leather to his palm.

"That's exactly why I have to leave." he said, his voice quiet. And with that, he started off again, hoping he could find passage to Nar Shadaa for less than what he had earned already.

Bastilla wasn't going to give up easily. That was why Revan loved her. She continued her suit, "If you run, it will only hound you until your dying day in which you will be alone. One cannot shut the galaxy out forever and no one wants to be alone." She kept a few paces behind so as not to lose sight of Senyo.

"Feh." was Senyo's only response to the woman's continuing comments. He continued to walk away, figuring that at some point or another, she would give up her dogged attempts and leave him alone. However, after a few moment, it was obvious she wasn't going to.

"What?!" he yelled, rounding on her, "What the hell do you want?!? Why can't you just go away?!?"

Bastilla was not one to be intimidated. She had seen enough at the hands of Malak. She was determined, "What I want is for you to reconsider your choices. You were given a chance and yet you throw it away ,why?"

She had become aware that Revan had awakened and let him know where she was. She kept looking at Senyo waiting for his reply.

"No, to change what you are. You have been running all your life. Have you thought to stop running? What if the reason Revan came here was because of an evil that he went to fight? Would you stop running to face it, everything that you once despised?" Bastilla was getting a little personal but she had to try. She sensed that Senyo was feeling lost but the smuggler in him was preventing him from voicing it.

"Listen, guys, thanks for the whole psychological study and everything, but I usually don't take advice from people. Especially the Jedi, no matter how famous. My life is my own, and I don't plan on letting anyone make my decisions for me. Perhaps I like running like this. Did you think of that? Or maybe you just think that the Jedi life of peace and harmony is the best way of life, and that everyone should switch to it. Well not me." he dug his hands in his pocket, turned away, and for the third time, started off down the hallway.

Senyo stopped, shaking his head as a chuckle escaped his lips. "Some Jedi you are." he murmured.

In the blink of an eye, he had whirrled around, his vibrosword in one hand and its sheath in the other. "C'mon, I'm not afraid of you." he cast the sheath to the side, gripping the hilt of his weapons with both hands. "Let's just see what you're made of, old man."

Revan turned to Bastila. "Before I strike.." He said. "Tell me.. Is this the right thing? If I don't stop him now, who knows what dark traps he'll fall into. I sense much evil in him.. Tell me. Is this the right thing to do?"

Bastilla said, "We are not saying that the Jedi way is the right way. If we don't confront what is hounding us, it will destroy us. It will destroy you. Please, think about who you are and what you have become."

She didn't say anything but she motioned Revan to lower his saber. She was hoping to resolve this without fighting. The Force had brought Senyo to them for a reason and she was determined to find out.

Archived