Home

EAW Editor Alpha Build 30625 Available

vanzelone

INTRODUCTION:

If anyone out there plays SWG I’m a first day vet by the name of Anzel and I played on the Corbantis server right up to and shortly after the NGE. While taking a break from SWG I picked up EAW and started playing

After playing EAW for only a few moments I realized that this game was very big and could become overwhelming for someone who was just getting used to the genre. I immediately started looking for mods and came across this site. After playing with the XML for a bit I found myself searching through thousands upon thousands of lines of code.

Finally I decided to boot up VS2005 and start hacking away with my shiny new C# 2.0 and a brand new volume of Infragistics controls. That leads me to where I am now. I have what I think is a solid shell of a program that can be built upon.

WHAT IS EAW EDITOR?

EAW Editor is a Windows based application written entirely in C# 2.0 and is capable of both extracting the necessary XML files (from .meg’s) as well as editing them.

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD IT?

You can download the latest build from the

DIRECT LINK

or the EAW Editor Home Page

BEFORE YOU BEGIN:

Before you install EAW editor and start hacking away at your game please take not of the following:

- Before attempting to edit anything using EAW Editor you must first extract the XML files to a directory on your hard disk. EAW Editor has a very simple interface to accomplish this. Once you have extracted the files then you may begin editing the XML.

- The forms for editing the XML use a highly specialized Data Grid with has filtering and sorting features. You can use these features by clicking on the various controls in the header of each column within the grid.

- Many of the elements within the EAW Editor may be resized. Simply move your mouse over the different sections of the form and you’ll see your mouse cursor change indicating that you can resize that section.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Windows XP/2000

Star Wars Empire AT War

.NET Framework 2.0

COOL IDEA. HOW CAN I HELP?

I am looking for someone to provide me with additional graphics for the left hand navigation and the toolbar buttons. Something sexy that goes with the genre. Also, I welcome any feedback or ideas that any of you may have.

VERSION HISTORY:

Alpha Build 30625

This is the initial public preview of EAW Editor. Currently it will allow you to view and extract .meg files. Additionally there are three forms that allow for editing of specific ground units. These forms are fully functional and are meant to be a test bed for further development in terms of managing and editing the XML source. Please post any bugs or suggestions that you may have in the Lucas Forums at http://www.lucasforums.com

Expect the next several versions to expand on the number of files that can be edited.

DISCLAIMER:

I am in no way associated or affiliated with LucasArts, LucasFilms, or any other such gaming company. This is 3rd part software written solely for entertainment value and should be treated as such. I am in no way responsible if this software destroys your marriage/relationship, messes up your kids, causes you to fail out of school, etc. etc. etc. Use at your own risk.

Great idea, seems that the final version will beat other similar programs, but when i see your title i thought the mod tools had come out! damn you for getting my hopes up! :p

Sorry about the link guys. It should be working now. I've updated the original post with a direct link as well.

Yeah, I thought it was the real mod tools too! A bit misleading.

Okay, so in short, what does this do and can you post screens.

Nothing to take screens of, I just opened it and it can do very little right now. Just some ground things and extract (which we already can do). IT looks like it will be good soon, but I have some complaints.

As you may or may not know, my mod runs just space battles. I had to go and turn off all rebellion ground units. It would be really great if this program had a field that would do that. Just set things like Build_Initially_Locked, Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_by_slicer, slice_cost, those kinds of things. Other things seemed to be missing, but I do little with ground.

Also, a good addition would be a .DAT editor. I have one already, but for those who don't it would be good.

O.K., right now I'm working on a mass update feature. This will allow you to update all of the units in a give file or even all of the units in all of the files of a given directory based on pre-defined criteria.

Some of you may have noticed a folder named XML under the default installation of EAW editor. This folder contains two XML files which are used for filtering which properties are displayed in the grid at run time. These files are named GroundPropertyFilter.xml and SpacePropertyFilter.xml. Each of these files contain a list of properties and thier desired default values. My original intent was to make one for ground, one for space, and then one for global updates.

With the current build you are able to define and re-order which properties you would like displyaed by the grid while editing your XML source. This morning I'll be adding the remaining code to enable mass updating based on these XML filters.

Once I have it up and running I'll reply here and update my original post.

LuaDec will not decompile them. The code is different somehow. Another poster was trying to get it to work using modifications.

Sorryif this was abit off topic. We really need a script editor. Can you modify LauDec (open source project) to work with the 'goofy' lua scripts?

Archived