Do You Think Ithorians Are Force Sensitive  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Ithorians Are Force Sensitive

• Yes
    • No

First and foremost...

zabrak18.jpg

Now...

RPG rulebooks and SW anthologies help, yes; but they are not always the most reliable sources of information about everything.

The Yuuzhan Vong were once highly Force-sensitive, even a peacefull civilization. But Yuuzhan'tar, their original homeworld, cut the species off from the Force because of their subjugating other species and worlds. Somewhat similar to the effect the Star Forge had on the Rakata. But also like the Rakata, every now and again one or a few are born with a connection to the Force. One the more prominent examples of this would be Onimi, the true Supreme Overlord of the Yuuzhan Vong. He achieved this power and position by using his abilities with the Force to manipulate Shimrra, the Supreme Overlord only in title, into doing his bidding.

But back to the original question; yes, the Mon Calamari, just as about all other species, can be Force-sensitive. This is not to say, however, that they are all FS. Your poll is incomplete as it is asking that it goes strictly one way or the other.

The Force is in all of us though for some it is barely but a measurable whisper.

I agree with this. It depends on your midiclorian (sp?) count. The higher the number, the more the Force is in you.

Reference: In Episode 1, Qui-Gon was so surprised at Ani's midiclorian amount cause no Force user had one so high since Master Yoda joined the Order.

No. The Force doesn't judge or exclude by something like species. No, my believe is that the Yuuzhan Vong were rejected by the Force because almost the entire race fell to the Dark Side, not because they are Yuuzhan Vong.

Does the force judge at all? It always seemed to me, that it's really no matter to the force whether one is lightsided or darksided. My idea about the Rakatan is that they exploited the force to a degree that it was nothing more than a subject of raw power (like electricity) and that way weren't longer a part of it...

My idea about the Rakatan is that they exploited the force to a degree that it was nothing more than a subject of raw power (like electricity) and that way weren't longer a part of it...

That's a pretty clear way of looking at it. It's true. They even used the Force to guide their ships. But the strongest example of melding the Force with technology is the Star Forge. After building it the species soon became no longer FS. And with the Star Forge being a semi-sentient being, it's not yet clear whether it had an absolute direct role in them lossing their connection to the Force or not.

Ithorians tend to be more force sensitive or more likely to be force sensitive than other species because they are so close to nature and theyre pacifist and always out helping people and they dont hurt anyone, so the force is really beneficial for them, especially the light side and obviously the force realizes this and makes most ithorians naturally force sensitive, although some can be more force sensitive than others. I think many ithorians are healers, like Chodo Habat.

I would think the Ithroians would be more sensitive because they are pacifists. Some seem to have the ability more pronounced like Chodo who could sense the Exile's arrival. The only reason to disregard this is if you had a disposition like Kreia who says that everyone has an agenda and hopes to tie you into it.

Anything can be force sensitive because the force flows through all life.

I realize that. Most lifeforms though dont have a strong enough connection to the force to notice it or be able to manipulate it though.

The only reason to disregard this is if you had a disposition like Kreia who says that everyone has an agenda and hopes to tie you into it.

The idea of Chodo Habat having an agenda is absurd. Most Ithorians wouldnt have some secret agenda because it would go against most of their beleifs. Chodo Habat is genuine.

Then we get out of control with our interpretation of the wording and we have verbal jousts over the minute detail. I remember Chodo does say he is an adept. Moza even speaks of sensing what the Exile feels after they leave in that conversation he he speaks to Chodo. It could be that the Ithorians have varying degrees of sensitivity.

Okay, I'm certainly no Star Wars geek in spite of an abnormal interest in this game series. However, I'm not totally ignorant of the mythos either, although most of my immersion ended before many current geeks were born. Therefore, my opinion may well be voiced without the vast basis of knowledge wielded by some. But this is a forum, and I'mma gonna say it anyhow :)

I believe the force runs through all things.

I do not think it has intent. I believe the jedi use this belief to explain things more easily, but close examination (IMHO) disproves this

I don't think the Ilthorians would be any more likely to be force sensitive for being pacifists; the sith are force sensitive and not remotely pacifistic.

I do think that the rank and file of Ilthorians are force sensitive to a greater or lesser degree. (I read the poll as being "do you believe ALL Ilthorians are FS). I also believe that the reason for their species sensitivity is their close connection to the husbandry of nature and life. Of course, it could be the other way around: they might well be so devoted to the husbandry of life BECAUSE they're so force sensitive.

I believe the Star Forge is the reason the Rakata can't feel the force. I believe it's sucking the force out of them the same as it's sucking the force out of the rest of their world. Of course, now that it's gone (LS playthrough) we should start seeing more FS Rakatans

Hutts being resistant to jedi mind tricks argues more FOR force sensitivity than against it.

And finally, that whole mytochlorian (sp?) gag strikes me as a load of crap and reminds me of the whole planet geist fiasco from the second Highlander movie. I can just see some goofy race manufacturing synthetic mytochlorian and painting droids with it to create mechanical sith.

Archived