Home

The 1.03 Patch is Here

gswift

Has anyone else had mouse pointer problems with this patch? I installed it, and immediately in the game my mouse pointer wasn't tracking properly - like the mouse had a poor signal from the receiver - but this wasn't the case because signal strength was fine each time, and it worked fine with all other apps. The pointer "stutters" badly in all game modes (galactic/space/land), but the rest of the graphics do not.

Actually, I had that happen too. I thought it was just my mouse...

There seems to be a new ladder exploit for people who are losing with V1.03. I'm not sure how it's done, but I had three games with three different players where they exited, or disconnected in some abnormal way. I was left staring at an in-game pop-up window that said something like 'waiting for player' with a progess bar at the bottom that gets smaller as it times out. I would suspect connection issues, or a bug, however I know the players did this on purpose because they told me they were done or cursed at me before disconnecting. The really bad part about this is that the waiting dialogue box won't close, so the only way to end the game is from Windows. And, to add a little salt to the wound, the games don't show up in the ladder as a win OR a loss, like it never happened. I would reward those players with a negative feedback point in Gamespy, but you can't give player feedback when there's no match with the player.

nah that was happening before the 1.03 thats y u sometimes see ppl with 100 wins and 0 losses.surely they have to lose one

Finally the IGNORE Button. Now i can go onto the USA servers.

Btw patch 1.4 , lets get a lobbychat group whisper , or a buddy group whisper function, and LETs be able to see whos in the lobby when your in battle room

In full agreement. While your at it do something about the buddy notices, I'm getting tired of people messaging me when im trying to type in main lobby (which you can't do if you get the buddy notice telling you someone has pm'ed you, locking everything else until you react to the notice) and extend how long the character limits are in the buddy chat too, thats very annoying when you can only type 4 to 5 words at a time.

Okay, saw a new problem last night (first time for me, anyway).

The 1.03 patch is totally awesome, and quickmatch is even more addictive than it was before. Great work guys.

Here's the problem I saw: During a quickmatch, playing Rebels and losing badly. I had 3 corvettes, but four showed up at the bottom of the screen with ctl-a. There were two enemy SD's that were invisible and could not be targeted, although I could see the hardpoints when the mouse was over them. My frame rate dropped all the way down to 2fps (it's usually over 40). We were so close to the end-game when it messed up that we actually played through the slide-show game, and I tried to help him finish me off. However, my mystery corvette that didn't show on the map, which I'm sure I didn't purchase or receive as a garrison unit, forced us to just end the game.

Just to see if my computer was ill, I immediately launched another QM and it worked fine. Now I know to just end the game right away if it happens again. Has anyone else seen this?

GameSpy's servers were having some problems last night. If you were having connection problems last night, give them a try now and it should be resolved. We've been watching the servers closely, and for the most part, connections seem to be much, much better than before.

As to the exception error, we believe we have fixed the problem, but if you see it crop up again, let me know.

no exception error still there, allthough multiplayer for me is now working unlike before

Guest DarthMaulUK

try re-booting and making sure that the people you play have 1.03. Also, if you or anyone else has a mod installed, this could cause a problem as well

DMUK

my multiplayer isnt working at all now. i was able to play every once and awhile. but now every server says "Version mismatch" this sucks.

If DMUK's suggestions don't help, then it sounds like you my have to un-install and re-install the game and the patch. I haven't seen any other people with that problem. Are you using the english version of EaW?

Archived