Home

MP problem - No players in "Custom matches"!

Athanasios

i reported this to the 1.03 bug thread but i re-post it here to get some tech-help........cause im bored of Quickmatching 1v1.

My problem is that i can see no people in the "Custom matches" lobby; although there are 200 (more or less) players online everytime i log in. The only way to play is Quickmatch which works fairly good, passing successfully all NATs negotiations. Only 2 games wouldn't start after the launch (everything was frozen on the map right from the beginning), so, i just quit. Apart from this, the lag is bearable (even with 1024/256 from my side)

The weird is that when i log in "Custom matches" lobby, i do see for 1 secons the whole list of players; but only for the second, then im all alone . Although Quickmatch is good, most people out there are new to the game and id like to play team games as well with a higher veteracy level.

Should i post any directX, router or firewall settings/logfiles?

Help.... :(

Sometimes I get that too. It helps for me to change rooms from 1v1 to another, hit refresh, then go back to 1v1 and refresh again. Sometimes I just have to log off and back on again though. Usually it works fine. Most of the time I see that after I've played a quick match game.

The only port that EaW uses is (default one) 1234 right?.........ive opened this port but..........:(

I think I've read that EaW and GameSpy actually need several ports open. Check the help desk over at lucasarts.com. I know there's a couple of FAQ's about the ports that you need. I didn't read them i detail as I don't use a router or a firewall when playing. It's easier that way. If you think it's your ports you could try connecting directly to your cable modem in order to troubleshoot.

i have that problem ecept i can see the games but no players when i click join game it goes plz wait then nothing happens ive tryed putting an eception in to my fire wall and having it turned off completly after a while the connection shuts down and if i reconnect i get the exeption error and have to shut the game down

Okey mate, just made it to work!

Go to Options --> Network (or something like that, you know what i mean :)) and turn "Host location" to USA (there are the most players). You can try other servers too, but some of them are dead, that's why we see noone there :)

The game will not connect you automatically to servers with players in, you have to do it manually. Mind also to open ALL the required ports that helpdesk mentions.

If you still have problem, reply back!

Archived